Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean I could live without that extra 40hp, exclusive interior design options, and some S badges in exterior/interior area. Assembling a Portfolio with all the options that I want would net me with more features for less money spent. What kills the deal for the S for me is the Climate Seat and the Luxury Packs which come as standard for the Portfolio and costs a lot for the S also the Car Parking Assist Pack costs more for the S than the Portfolio. True with the Portfolio I'd have to pick the Adaptive Dynamic Pack but it's not as expensive as all those mentioned optional features. Not to mention the multimedia upgrade for the S is also more expensive for the 825 Meridian than the Portfolio. In the end if I want the exact same features I would have to spend around $6,500 more for the S.

Unless I want to sacrifice the Climate front seat and Luxury packs, the portfolio seems like the better deal for going full luxury optional features. Am I missing something?

·
Banned
346 Posts
I mean I could live without that extra 40hp, exclusive interior design options, and some S badges in exterior/interior area. Assembling a Portfolio with all the options that I want would net me with more features for less money spent. What kills the deal for the S for me is the Climate Seat and the Luxury Packs which come as standard for the Portfolio and costs a lot for the S also the Car Parking Assist Pack costs more for the S than the Portfolio. True with the Portfolio I'd have to pick the Adaptive Dynamic Pack but it's not as expensive as all those mentioned optional features. Not to mention the multimedia upgrade for the S is also more expensive for the 825 Meridian than the Portfolio. In the end if I want the exact same features I would have to spend around $6,500 more for the S.

Unless I want to sacrifice the Climate front seat and Luxury packs, the portfolio seems like the better deal for going full luxury optional features. Am I missing something?
Keep in mind if you want a Portfolio you better like white with a tan interior- only choice. Kills it for me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keep in mind if you want a Portfolio you better like white with a tan interior- only choice. Kills it for me.
That's true though I actually prefer the R Sport interior over the S which is sad. I think the Latte or Espresso Windstor look good, unless I want to go with the sporty look then yeah the options are lacking.
Oh I just forgot to mention the S comes with 20" wheels while Portfolio comes with the 19" but still that doesn't warrant the ~$6,500 difference.

·
Banned
346 Posts
That's true though I actually prefer the R Sport interior over the S which is sad. I think the Latte or Espresso Windstor look good, unless I want to go with the sporty look then yeah the options are lacking.
Oh I just forgot to mention the S comes with 20" wheels while Portfolio comes with the 19" but still that doesn't warrant the ~$6,500 difference.
I much prefer the S exterior, especially the front end & it's 40 add't HP. Also Car & Driver noted the Portfolio will comer with 20" rims.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I much prefer the S exterior, especially the front end & it's 40 add't HP. Also Car & Driver noted the Portfolio will comer with 20" rims.
What's different with the S exterior other than the black Window Surround and a minor change in the front side and lower back break lights?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Laura...Someone is giving you misinformation. The Portfolio comes with 20" 10 Split-Spoke style wheels Style 1019 (now the wheels also go by LR names). There are other features/options that are not available on the Portfolio. There are several options available on the other models that are not available on the Portfolio.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys I didn't know the Portfolio comes with 20" wheels (that makes the Portfolio a more appealing deal now!) :p

Yes, there's a big difference in the front (and minor on the back) of the car between Portfolio and S but **** it $6,500 difference in price is huge for a full option S!

·
Banned
346 Posts
Thanks guys I didn't know the Portfolio comes with 20" wheels (that makes the Portfolio a more appealing deal now!) :p

Yes, there's a big difference in the front (and minor on the back) of the car between Portfolio and S but **** it $6,500 difference in price is huge for a full option S!
Where are you getting $6500 diff between a Portfolio & S? The base price difference is $5000.
And I have not seen what the full details are of the Portfolio equipment, but here's the S added features over a Prestige that the Portfolio is based.
F-PACE S

For pure sports performance, the F-PACE S includes the 3.0L, 380hp Supercharged V6 engine.
Includes F-PACE Prestige key features, plus:

• 3.0L 380PS Supercharged V6 engine
  • 20" Alloy Wheels
  • Adaptive Dynamics with Configurable Dynamic Mode
  • Adaptive Surface Response
  • Red Brake Calipers
  • ‘S’ Body Kit including sports front and rear bumpers, body-colored S door claddings with satin chrome finishers
  • Satin Chrome exterior finishers on front grille, diffuser and side power vents
  • Metal sill finishers and multi-function steering wheel with ‘S’ branding
  • Full LED headlamps, adaptive with Intelligent high beam
  • 14x14 Way Sport-style seats with ‘S’ embossing, 4-way front seats power lumbar and memory
  • Lane Keeping Assist & Driver Fatigue Alert
  • Blind Spot Monitor with Closing Vehicle Sensing
  • Reverse Traffic Detection
  • SiriusXM Satellite Radio
  • Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)
  • Front fog lamps

·
Registered
1,835 Posts

Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself that the Portfolio variant is the better deal. Good luck with that. In the end it depends on your budget and what you are willing to spend. If you are satisfied going without some of the packages, including 22 inch wheels, then go without. For others, the Portfolio would not be enough car to make them happy.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Where are you getting $6500 diff between a Portfolio & S? The base price difference is $5000.
And I have not seen what the full details are of the Portfolio equipment, but here's the S added features over a Prestige that the Portfolio is based.
F-PACE S

For pure sports performance, the F-PACE S includes the 3.0L, 380hp Supercharged V6 engine.
Includes F-PACE Prestige key features, plus:

• 3.0L 380PS Supercharged V6 engine
  • 20" Alloy Wheels
  • Adaptive Dynamics with Configurable Dynamic Mode
  • Adaptive Surface Response
  • Red Brake Calipers
  • ‘S’ Body Kit including sports front and rear bumpers, body-colored S door claddings with satin chrome finishers
  • Satin Chrome exterior finishers on front grille, diffuser and side power vents
  • Metal sill finishers and multi-function steering wheel with ‘S’ branding
  • Full LED headlamps, adaptive with Intelligent high beam
  • 14x14 Way Sport-style seats with ‘S’ embossing, 4-way front seats power lumbar and memory
  • Lane Keeping Assist & Driver Fatigue Alert
  • Blind Spot Monitor with Closing Vehicle Sensing
  • Reverse Traffic Detection
  • SiriusXM Satellite Radio
  • Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)
  • Front fog lamps
Portfolio comes standard with tech, comfort and convenience, lux interior pack. A few other stand alone options like HUD but the lack of color choices and the fact that it doesn't have the S body package really kills it for me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Portfolio comes standard with tech, comfort and convenience, lux interior pack. A few other stand alone options like HUD but the lack of color choices and the fact that it doesn't have the S body package really kills it for me.
Same here, it seems I'll fork those extra $5,000 and get the S model with all the features I want. **** it, aesthetics > utility for me. lol!

Thanks mrjoed2 for the list. :)

·
Banned
346 Posts
I understand it comes with the 3 options packs & HUD, but what about things like AEB, ASR, blind spot, lane keeping, reverse traffic, adaptive dynamics that are standard on a S but not on a Prestige that the Portfolio is based.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I understand it comes with the 3 options packs & HUD, but what about things like AEB, ASR, blind spot, lane keeping, reverse traffic, adaptive dynamics that are standard on a S but not on a Prestige that the Portfolio is based.
I would have to assume all of the would be standard, it is based on the portfolio in the looks department and that is it as far as I know. The prestige doesn't come with 16 way seats let alone 22 way that comes on portfolio. We will see when all of the info is released but id bet all of the safety features are standard. Not sure about the adaptive dynamics. The portfolio is the better deal I just wouldnt sacrifice looks and color choices for it.

·
Banned
346 Posts
I would have to assume all of the would be standard, it is based on the portfolio in the looks department and that is it as far as I know. The prestige doesn't come with 16 way seats let alone 22 way that comes on portfolio. We will see when all of the info is released but id bet all of the safety features are standard. Not sure about the adaptive dynamics. The portfolio is the better deal I just wouldnt sacrifice looks and color choices for it.

Never assume, until we see the full specs. Sure they added the 22 way seats, different leather, but the other items are not mentioned. I am not going to say the Portfolio is a better deal until we know what it has. And nothing is going to change it's down 40hp, has the "plain" body & only in white.

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
Never assume, until we see the full specs. Sure they added the 22 way seats, different leather, but the other items are not mentioned. I am not going to say the Portfolio is a better deal until we know what it has. And nothing is going to change it's down 40hp, has the "plain" body & only in white.
I think what mrjoed2 is trying to say is , "You can only put so much Lipstick on a PIG" ! >:)

·
Registered
947 Posts
If it were me, it would be a no-brainer: the S. The S exemplifies sport and performance. The Portfolio on the hand seems like it would be more appropriate for the..."mature"...buyer.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Here are your specs:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 95 Posts