Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks good! I have the same thing planed as those are the only things that are chrome on my F pace

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
Just curious , WHY is it called *Plasti-DIPPED* , when it is indeed SPRAYED on ???

BTW , this is one of the better jobs I have seen , for Final Results of this process !!!:)

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
Why is it called Ovaltine, when the jar is round? Shouldn't it be called Roundtine?
WHY is *tine* pronounced *teen* ???;)

After *26-Hours* of Driving , YOU need to take a *NAP* Mister !!!>:)

·
Registered
514 Posts
IT was originally designed as a dipping product for tool handles. It later evolved to the spray goodness you see here.

Looks great, but I'm not sure you masked off enough :D (Kidding, that stuff is annoying to get off if it's oversprayed in a mist-like way)

·
Registered
18 Posts
@brad25; This looks great!

I plan to do the same thing to my BRG S when it arrives... I'm assuming that you used Black not Smoke Plasti Dip?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
BRGPace, I've been looking for Black Chrome badges but there is nothing out there. You can get the S in flat/satin and the Leaper/Jaguar combination in flat/satin black, but nothing in black chrome. the bigger issue is that you can't get the F-Pace emblem in any shade of black. The other problem is to paint them with real paint, other than Platidip, you would need to remove the badges from the car and then get them to re adhere and that isn't going to be easy since you would need to replace the double face tape. I purchased a new leaper/jaguar combo, as well as the S, but I had to Plastidip the F-Pace. I haven't looked to see if you can get black chrome plastidip, but I'm guessing you could since it's really just black with some pearl in it.

For those of you who haven't used plastids before, the thing about Platidip that makes it easier to use in this case is that you can easily peel up the overspray on the colored part of the car and still leave the color on the emblem. That is why Platidip is used, and that is why you might hear about Plastidip on a jaguar.

On my F-Pace I replaced the Leaper/Jaguar since ether J in the original Jaguar fell off when I was washing the car. I replaced it with a black version, I also ordered the S in black, and I'm waiting for that to be delivered. While i was waiting, my boys plastidipped my F-Pace and S, but I had them remove the plastidip from the red part of the S emblem. The only issue I see is while the black lettering looks really good on lighter colors, it seems to disappear a bit into the casium blue on my car, since there isn't much contrast. I still think it looks good, but not as good as it does on a IRR F-Pace or even a White one. I think the same would happen with BRG, and the other darker colors.

When my boys did my emblems they used a product called "rail" (not sure of the spelling) instead of Plastidip or maybe it's a type of plastidip, not sure, but it comes out with a finish that is more satin rather than flat. it's also thinner than Platidip, so my badges done this way actually look like they were painted.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I knew when I ordered my Fuji white S with the black pack I was going to have to at least change the Jaguar wording and cat on the back. I thought about the plasti dip, but too me it wasn't going to be reflective enough to match the rest of the black pack. So I ordered a separate set ($78) and after some searches I found a detail shop here that sandblasted the chrome down so it could be repainted the gloss black to match the, rest they did a great job imo. An extra $175 to get this done but what is $175 on a $75,000 vehicle?

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
I knew when I ordered my Fuji white S with the black pack I was going to have to at least change the Jaguar wording and cat on the back. I thought about the plasti dip, but too me it wasn't going to be reflective enough to match the rest of the black pack. So I ordered a separate set ($78) and after some searches I found a detail shop here that sandblasted the chrome down so it could be repainted the gloss black to match the, rest they did a great job imo. An extra $175 to get this done but what is $175 on a $75,000 vehicle?
Nice !!! they should be like that with the black pack

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
Nice !!! they should be like that with the black pack
+1 Agreed !!! If you order the *BLACK PACK* , there should be NO Chrome on the vehicle !!!

ALL emblems should be *GLOSS BLACK* wherever there is Chrome !!!

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
That looks *AWESOME* Jetman !!! It looks like it came from the Factory that way !!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts