Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The biggest complaint I have with Pivi Pro is the slow boot up time. Mine takes at least 2 minutes from a cold start before I can even think about using the voice activated Nav, phone or even manually go into system settings. I know it’s ready when the map comes up in the digital dash. One of our members here says his is up and ready really quick, around 5 seconds or so. My question, is his normal and mine not or the other way around?

·
Registered
21 F-pace SVR
53 Posts
I’ve experienced both in my ‘21 SVR. Most times it’s ready within seconds of startup. Other times when startup is delayed, it takes forever for the map to appear. And in those times, I’ll start driving and the nav is sometimes as much as a few miles lagging behind my current position. I can be stopped and essentially watching a replay of my drive while it tries to catch up. Normally a reboot fixes the lag.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, that works. It didn’t make any difference but good to know. I think what’s slowing the system down is the navigation. I stopped the navigation display in the center dash and that made the boot up time much quicker. Still not the 5 seconds you guys have said but probably half the time it used to take. I’m wondering if the digital dash itself is drawing to much processor power away from other systems at startup?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One other thing I did notice. After the car is warmed up like if I stop at a store for a little bit then start the car back up the Pivi Pro boots up much faster.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The biggest complaint I have with Pivi Pro is the slow boot up time. Mine takes at least 2 minutes from a cold start before I can even think about using the voice activated Nav, phone or even manually go into system settings. I know it’s ready when the map comes up in the digital dash. One of our members here says his is up and ready really quick, around 5 seconds or so. My question, is his normal and mine not or the other way around?
I have exactly the same issue. Not found an answer

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I guess, I've hadn't had the delay you are talking about since I remote start my car most of the time. By the time I get to the car, my cell phone is already connected ti carPlay. Its clearly much quicker at the start than the old ICTP system they had in the 2020 and prior models.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Have there been ANY Pivi Pro OTA updates issued yet? You'd think this far into the cycle there would be one already....

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I haven't seen one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts