Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Another issue.. all of my recent journeys on Jaguar Remote look like aircraft flights. They are point to point to destinations but not on streets! Ha!

Also,I tested CarPlay in my GMC vehicle and boom…. Connected to the iPhone wirelessly with CarPlay in a split second. Flawless…

·
Registered
2021 P 250S Charente Grey / Light Oyster
5 Posts
All, I’m happy to report that all of the cutting out issues appear to have been fixed by the dealer. It’s only been 4 days so fingers crossed. The dealer determined it to be the ICCM which I think is the main module that controls Pivi Pro. It was located under the passenger seat. They replaced it, and configured a new ECU. Since the radio ID is different, I contacted Sirius to give them the new ID and that was a simple process to activate satellite. We did have a problem connecting to wireless CarPlay after we picked it up. The dealer pushed out the newest software version again, and after 4 attempts, the download was successful. The system now responds quickly. I hope this post helps some of you with the self muting and cutting out issues. It took a year, but it’s fun to drive again.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I may bring this ICCM thing up to my dealer. We are on the latest download, and it still only connects to your phone about 50% of the time entering the vehicle. Will not recognize/ connect to CarPlay period. Carplay is not even on the menu to be selected and executed any more. Same phone works flawlessly in other vehicles. Was excited about Pivi initially, but that feeling quickly left a few months ago. Even my daughters Hyundai never misses a lick. How hard is this?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
All, I’m happy to report that all of the cutting out issues appear to have been fixed by the dealer. It’s only been 4 days so fingers crossed. The dealer determined it to be the ICCM which I think is the main module that controls Pivi Pro. It was located under the passenger seat. They replaced it, and configured a new ECU. Since the radio ID is different, I contacted Sirius to give them the new ID and that was a simple process to activate satellite. We did have a problem connecting to wireless CarPlay after we picked it up. The dealer pushed out the newest software version again, and after 4 attempts, the download was successful. The system now responds quickly. I hope this post helps some of you with the self muting and cutting out issues. It took a year, but it’s fun to drive again.
This is good news. What evidence did you provide to the dealer. I’ve been going back and forth for weeks now.

·
Registered
2021 P 250S Charente Grey / Light Oyster
5 Posts
This is good news. What evidence did you provide to the dealer. I’ve been going back and forth for weeks now.
I documented and emailed specific symptoms each time that it happened. The dealer asked if we had a video. I told them we did not but gave he service manager permission to take it home for a few days so that they could witness for themselves. I had a lengthy email string for documentation purposes and remained persistent. I’m attaching a few images of the service ticket. Good Luck! The system has worked perfectly since this repair.
Font Material property Paper Paper product Document

Handwriting Font Parallel Book Paper

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I documented and emailed specific symptoms each time that it happened. The dealer asked if we had a video. I told them we did not but gave he service manager permission to take it home for a few days so that they could witness for themselves. I had a lengthy email string for documentation purposes and remained persistent. I’m attaching a few images of the service ticket. Good Luck! The system has worked perfectly since this repair. View attachment 74846
View attachment 74845
Thank you!! I actually have a video. The only think I haven’t done is allowed the dealer to take the car home. Thanks for the update. This definitely puts my mind at ease.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone had the update pop up for a 2023 F-Pace yet? I've tried all the tricks here but have yet to see it perform the update. I'm wondering if they haven't rolled it out yet for the 2023 being how new the model year is.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi all, my 2021 SVR with Pivi Pro just received about 3 days ago Pivi Pro 3.3.1 I believe. The update didn't focus on anything with respect to Pivi according the the release notes so while it says Pivi 3.3.1 it was more focused on the engine and transmission. I'll try to pick off the release notes and get it out to you guys. Did anyone else get this update?

·
Registered
21 F-pace SVR
136 Posts
Hi all, my 2021 SVR with Pivi Pro just received about 3 days ago Pivi Pro 3.3.1 I believe. The update didn't focus on anything with respect to Pivi according the the release notes so while it says Pivi 3.3.1 it was more focused on the engine and transmission. I'll try to pick off the release notes and get it out to you guys. Did anyone else get this update?
Yea - I did and nothing seems to have changed. The release notes seemed to indicate software changes to the “vehicle propulsion systems.” I was hoping it would result in flames roaring out the exhaust!! :eek::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yea - I did and nothing seems to have changed. The release notes seemed to indicate software changes to the “vehicle propulsion systems.” I was hoping it would result in flames roaring out the exhaust!! :eek::ROFLMAO:
I was surprised by the changes.. it seems as though they are re flashing our ECU. I was also hoping for boosts, but the pessimist in me thinks they would be making things less fun to comply with emissions regulations.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Yes I've struggled to notice the differences as well. Does everyone here have SVRs, I know NJSVR, Matt868 and I do. This could ba an SVR only Pivi Update. Was surprised myself that they could update other computers in the car as well with a Pivi update.

Reactions: NJSVR
41 - 60 of 64 Posts