Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

Registered
that's awesome! I don't want to take full credit.. but I mentioned this to Jaguar over a year ago 馃榿 pretty cool if they listened to customer feedback! View attachment 74770
Hi Colorado Jag,

Thanks for submitting your suggestion and it has been implemented.
I set it up this morning.

Best regards
Chris

Registered
My wife allowed a software update on our 2021 F-Pace on August 26. Now, when exiting the vehicle after turning off the car, the infotainment system does not turn off in addition to inside lighting unless you lock the vehicle. We park in out garage so this is an inconvenience. Has anyone else had this issue?

Registered
My wife allowed a software update on our 2021 F-Pace on August 26. Now, when exiting the vehicle after turning off the car, the infotainment system does not turn off in addition to inside lighting unless you lock the vehicle. We park in out garage so this is an inconvenience. Has anyone else had this issue?
it's been discussed in other threads.. you should get another update shortly that remedies the issue.

Registered
Same here 3.3 and radio still stays on an inordinately long time鈥.when you crack the door it should turn off and doesn鈥檛鈥hat also hurts because the vehicle won鈥檛 let go of the phone either鈥.

Registered
I don't know if you can get the update faster through the dealer. Until now, I had received all updates over the air. It can't be long before you, to receive the update as well.
Pivi Pro OS 3.0.0 came out very late in Germany. But in Australia much later. I do not know what logic is behind it.

Registered
On 3.3 and still have problems..iPhone won鈥檛 connect upon startup. And yes we have deletEd and re paired it.
And if it won鈥檛 connect, you cannot get it to use CarPlay even if you manually connect it.
what is up with pivi pro? Used to be good about 6 months ago鈥..

Registered
I just got the update, but the version still shows 3.3 for some reason. Now the radio does turn off when you stop the vehicle and open the door. Unfortunately, the display stays on. I checked it after 10 minutes and still on. I thought there was a setting to adjust delay but I cannot find it. Also, the auto zero for trip doesn't seems to stay on zero when starting the vehicle again. It reverts to Trip A. I think another update is in order.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
UPDATE: so I received another notification for an update today same 3.3.0. Here is what I have noticed.after the update
My drive to work is about 13 miles takes me an hour.. the CarPlay did not cute out once.
Stereo and meridian sound options are back along with subwoofer setting's

the stereo mutes now. After the car has been shut off and you open the door.
However I did notice something odd. I don鈥檛 know which button I hit on the left of sterling will but it changed the source why the CarPlay was playing music and I could hear the XM playing at the same time.

I have an oil change Friday I鈥檓 sure the advisor will no answers but I鈥檒l ask anyway and follow up with you guys!
update!!! I spoke to soon!!! 3 days in a row. Car play cuts completely out during my morning commute. I have to hit the house or home logo then go to source and choose carplay. I created a ticket with JLR CS. I鈥檒l keep you all updated.

Registered
Recently install the new 3.3.0 update, and I've noticed some annoying changes.

1. The touch screen remains on long after you have cut the car off and opened the door. Music and phone calls are still on even after the car is off.

2. I noticed the Median Stereo and Sub settings are no longer available. The system didn't sound the greatest with the sub not it's horrible without it lol.

3. Car play is still cutting out

Has anyone else experienced this?
Recently install the new 3.3.0 update, and I've noticed some annoying changes.

1. The touch screen remains on long after you have cut the car off and opened the door. Music and phone calls are still on even after the car is off.

2. I noticed the Median Stereo and Sub settings are no longer available. The system didn't sound the greatest with the sub not it's horrible without it lol.

3. Car play is still cutting out

Has anyone else experienced this?
I often found myself annoyed when I would be listening to something and it would get interrupted by a door opening. Before the update I would need to press on the brake/or accelerator to keep the car running & keep the entertainment on. But now it stays on.
I too don鈥檛 lock my doors but I may have noticed when the key is not in proximity it will shut off.
I鈥檓 accustomed to leaving my key in the car that鈥檚 in my garage which is locked. Now, either I take my key with me, leave the screen on until it times out, or hang my keys on the wall of my garage and lock my doors. Not the biggest thing, worst case scenario it鈥檚 a reminder to lock your doors.
As far as the other things I have no issues. I like how the CarPlay isn鈥檛 always on and it toggles back and forth when I get a a call or a text . I happen to like the maps and screen of the Jag. CarPlay has its benefits but I don鈥檛 like to use my phone carrier data If I don鈥檛 have to and using CarPlay bypasses the cars 4g. I use the cars internet for the Navi and Spotify & the cars satellite radio, Carplay for calls and messages.
NOTE* if the A/C vents are pointed up at the ceiling consul the voice recognition and speech features don鈥檛 work well. You will need to point them away while on a call or using the mics for anything.

Registered
2021 P 250S Charente Grey / Light Oyster
update!!! I spoke to soon!!! 3 days in a row. Car play cuts completely out during my morning commute. I have to hit the house or home logo then go to source and choose carplay. I created a ticket with JLR CS. I鈥檒l keep you all updated.
Ours continues to drop but will now self-mute from time to time. It鈥檚 at the dealer now. I鈥榤 not optimistic that they will be able to fix the dropping out problem. I really hope they can figure something out.

Registered
21 Jaguar F-Pace P400
My experience: Prior to the updates, the audio source (SiriusXM, Apple CarPlay, Bluetooth) would reset randomly and lower the volume. It goes back to the same source after 5-10 seconds and then I need to raise the volume to hear what I was listening to. This has continued after the two 3.3.0 updates unfortunately.

A new issue for me after the updates is that twice now it has muted the audio. I was no where near the volume scrollers and don't have mute mapped to the configurable steering wheel button. I was hopeful these occurrences were a fluke, but maybe not after Colorado Jag's post.

Registered
Ours continues to drop but will now self-mute from time to time. It鈥檚 at the dealer now. I鈥榤 not optimistic that they will be able to fix the dropping out problem. I really hope they can figure something out.

I have the latest now too and when we try to manually connect carplay, it doesn't even have the carplay Icon any longer.. what? As far as muting goes, it mutes but does not turn off even after opening the door.. What kind of fix is that?

Even if we plug phone into USB, no access to carplay. 3 revisions ago it used to start automatically. Wirelessly. Don't even think about asking your dealer for help in this arena. All they say is we have done all we can... Completely a JLR software issue !

21 - 40 of 64 Posts