Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Since you just got 2.1.6 last week via OTA, it takes time for the OTA system to push the next update. Again, if you aren't having any issues, be patient. The more drive cycles, the more it checks into home base.

One trick is to drive the truck for at least 1 mile/2km, press and hold the service button (to the left of your sunroof controls) until the fast blink turns to a slow blink. That forces the truck to call home and check in. Anyone with remote start/lock issues can do this as well and is the first thing Jaguar technical support does to ensure connectivity is working properly.

Please make sure you're in a good cell service area and don't turn off the engine until the service light turns off.
Interesting, will have a go at it when I am out for some grocery shopping later on.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Interesting note to share. I have a 2021 F Pace P400...I am on OS 2.1.7 and my wireless carplay works perfectly. I just bring my phone into the car and Apple Carplay shows up in about 5 seconds, without wires. Only pointing it out because I'm not on OS 3.0. Seems that wireless carplay isn't necessarily related to 3.0.

I did however, take my car in for service the other day...and I asked for Pivi 3.0. They told they could only update it to the level the system would allow and they said they didn't know anything about the wireless carplay option...but that they would update whatever they could. So somehow the wireless carplay was updated...becuase I was on OS2.1.7 since December but did not get wireless carplay until after the service...which was January 8th.

Gadget Communication Device Audio equipment Font Gas

·
Registered
4 Posts
Since you just got 2.1.6 last week via OTA, it takes time for the OTA system to push the next update. Again, if you aren't having any issues, be patient. The more drive cycles, the more it checks into home base.

One trick is to drive the truck for at least 1 mile/2km, press and hold the service button (to the left of your sunroof controls) until the fast blink turns to a slow blink. That forces the truck to call home and check in. Anyone with remote start/lock issues can do this as well and is the first thing Jaguar technical support does to ensure connectivity is working properly.

Please make sure you're in a good cell service area and don't turn off the engine until the service light turns off.
So this morning when I got in the car, version 2.1.6b was waiting and is now installed. Notes told me it’s the release for future features etc. hopefully not too far from downloading 3.0.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't ever remember seeing version 2.1.7 think I went straight from 2.1.6.b to 3.0. but it's interesting that 2.1.7 includes improvements to tow bar software as prior to 3.0 I was always getting an error "Rear Traffic Breaking not available whilst towing" pretty much every time I put the car in reverse even though I've yet to use the tow bar. That error hasn't appeared recently now I think I have an explanation why.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts