Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
got the update yesterday

• It took 5 minutes for the system to find any radio station
  • I had to change back to km/h from miles
  • incontrol login does not work in car (password is good, I can login on web, password recovery also does not work)

and WIRELESS ANDRIOD AUTO STILL DOES NOT WORK
  • system asks for usb connect in the menu
  • already removed my phone and added again
  • on the phone wireless android and everything enabled

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Got my 2021 FPace SVR back from the dealership and all the service items are done and I now have PiviPro 3.0 with wireless CarPlay. It's working very well with no issues at this point. They also fixed a few other things I'll mention in another thread with the battery and SOS messages. And they fixed the brake issue I ended up creating when I changed the pads more on that in the other thread. Hopefully, this will continue to work well. Also my iPhone 13 Pro is now charging pretty consistently on the wireless charge pad.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Got my 2021 FPace SVR back from the dealership and all the service items are done and I now have PiviPro 3.0 with wireless CarPlay. It's working very well with no issues at this point. They also fixed a few other things I'll mention in another thread with the battery and SOS messages. And they fixed the brake issue I ended up creating when I changed the pads more on that in the other thread. Hopefully, this will continue to work well. Also my iPhone 13 Pro is now charging pretty consistently on the wireless charge pad.
Did the update with no issues over the air. Connected CarPlay just fine. But I’ve never gotten my iPhone 13pro to charge wireless beyond a few seconds. I’ve got a note10 Android around that works perfectly. My GF iPhone 12 same issue charging wirelessly as mine. It has to be something with iPhones. Her genesis gv70 has wireless charging and I’ve tried all 3 phones and they work exactly as one would expect.
I don’t know I’m just kind of surprised something as straightforward as that isn’t working.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Did the update with no issues over the air. Connected CarPlay just fine. But I’ve never gotten my iPhone 13pro to charge wireless beyond a few seconds. I’ve got a note10 Android around that works perfectly. My GF iPhone 12 same issue charging wirelessly as mine. It has to be something with iPhones. Her genesis gv70 has wireless charging and I’ve tried all 3 phones and they work exactly as one would expect.
I don’t know I’m just kind of surprised something as straightforward as that isn’t working.
I'm a Samsung guy and have not had any issues with the wireless charging...Yet...LOL!!!

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
So the cases on the iPhones definitely make a difference. I'm using a case on the iPhone 13 with a clear backplate. It does work better without it. Also, my phone always charges more consistently with the top of the phone towards the passenger side and the bottom of the phone pulled near the stopper on the left. Middle of the phone should be in the middle. It also doesn't work as consistently if the phone is hot (like from sitting in the sun). I think there is a sensor on the car side in the pad to not let the phone get too hot while charging.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I’ve tried all that as well and still same level of inconsistency. Case or no case, left, right, upside down, right side up, etc. something is is screwy with the handshake with phone to charger. Wish I could see the logs.
It’s been one of those pet peeves I’ve been surprised it hasn’t been brought up a ton on the forum. Decent segment of the population is on iPhones…

·
Registered
8 Posts
And it works!
It works random. Some time connect with auto from first second. Some time connect only after you push "switch on" in connect menu.
But, any way, it works and you need no any cable's.
Will wait for next updates )
Mainly iy is good for Spotify/Deezer/Vradio. And GMaps, of course. All other is for your personal choice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Anyone else having issues with 3.0 update? My Android Auto connection is very buggy. The screen can't decide between light and dark mode. For some reason, I cannot access any settings in the PiviPro interface, even when parked/not driving. 3.0 worked well for about a week but now it seems completely buggy. Since I can't access any settings, I can't even try to disconnect/reconnect my phone.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I haven't issues with the music stopping from time to time. I just have to restart it and its fine again. I'm using apple CarPlay though. Connection with wireless CarPlay is much faster than with the device I was using. So far so good.

Reactions: StormGrey

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I haven't issues with the music stopping from time to time. I just have to restart it and its fine again. I'm using apple CarPlay though. Connection with wireless CarPlay is much faster than with the device I was using. So far so good.
Same here, Apple Carplay/iPhone/SiriusXM App running on iPhone OR stored music on iPhone - every other trip or thereabouts it just stops and I see a picture of the F Pace in the ip. Hit the play button and works fine. Sometimes it lowers the volume as well. This is the same issue/symptoms as before wireless.

Wireless itself is working great! Waze is ready to go when I am (after turning off the damned Auto-start function EVERY start up). Wireless charging continues to work. I have an Apple leather case which hasn't been causing any problems.

·
Registered
35 Posts
3.0 Update complete!
Good to know. I was told by many Jag engineers and service technicians that it wasn't slated for OTA release until the new year.

If anyone isn't seeing it OTA, speak with your dealer as the version you're on may affect the OTA update, which is what I experienced.

·
Registered
35 Posts
For those having issues with wireless car play. I'm using a Samsung S10 so I'm not sure if the same will work on Apple.

Unpair your phone from your vehicle: Settings > All > Connectivity > Bluetooth > Forget device.
Remove your vehicle in your phones Bluetooth settings (if there)
Forget your vehicle WiFi in your phone WiFi settings (if there)
Forget all previous connected cars in Android Auto.
Update Android Auto to the latest version (7.0.614134)

Reboot your phone.
Reboot PiviPro (parked, ignition on, hold the volume button by the shifter down for 30 seconds)

Pair your phone to your car via Bluetooth (let the setup take a minute, it will connect to vehicle WiFi, etc.)
Check on your phone that Android Auto is set to wireless.
Check on your vehicle that Android Auto is set to automatically start.

·
Registered
31 Posts
For those having issues with wireless car play. I'm using a Samsung S10 so I'm not sure if the same will work on Apple.

Unpair your phone from your vehicle: Settings > All > Connectivity > Bluetooth > Forget device.

Reboot your phone.
Reboot PiviPro (parked, ignition on, hold the volume button by the shifter down for 30 seconds)

Pair your phone to your car via Bluetooth (let the setup take a minute, it will connect to vehicle WiFi, etc.)
Thanks CamoMike! This seems to have cleaned things up. There were multiple entries for Jaguar F-Pace in Android Auto settings, perhaps that was the issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Reboot your phone.

I have s10e

Android auto version 7.1.614574

I have already tried everything.

None of them worked.

only works wired with usb

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have literally been to my local dealership, I own the 2022 F-Pace HSE and the current version installed is 2.1.6 which was downloaded on January 8 2022.

As I read some comments that 3.0 would be a dealer only update, I booked an appointment and they said they cannot force it to my car, that I would have to wait for the OTA to come in.

Does anybody with an F-Pace has received 3.0 OTA already?

Appreciate any support, thanks.
Julio
All

The latest release (3.0.0) is dealer flash/update only with the Pathfinder (diagnostic tool) since the OTA version is slated for February 2022 to US owners. They often do this to get a baseline of vehicles on a major version before pushing to the masses. I confirmed this with the Jaguar engineering team and my dealer's Operations Manager. I have Pivi Pro and don't know about ICTP timelines.

Also, dealer flash/updates do not show in the Software Update screen which is an issue Jaguar is looking to fix. My screen is still blank since I never received an OTA to date.

Here are great notes on the 3.0 update from IPaceForumsUK - Wireless Apple CarPlay update Pivi 3.0.0

It took 3-4 hours as I just had mine in last week to get all of the latest updates to fix an ongoing Pivi Pro glitching issue. The tech tested wireless Apple CarPlay and I am using wireless Android Auto, and it's great. I highly recommend it if anyone is having issues and/or wants the wireless functionality.

The cellular booster is a plus too as I've noticed fewer dropped calls when driving through very poor cell service areas. It isn't perfect, but it helps.

Notice the new GUI (last pic) that shows the Navigation and Phone icon with a small phone symbol (wireless) with slight changes on the right side of the screen.

The latest Pathfinder update versions are as follows; (screenshots are from the Pathfinder tool, horrible resolution)
IGM: L8B2-19L322BV
ICCM: L8B2-19L312BV
TCU: L8A2-70488DAC
View attachment 74177

View attachment 74178

View attachment 74181

·
Registered
35 Posts
Apologies for the miscommunication. I was informed it was dealer only in the US until February 2022, which has proven to be incorrect.

Many have posted they have received 3.0 OTA in this thread.

Your dealer should be able to do the update though, especially if you're having issues. If not, they probably don't want to waste their time.

Please read my earlier post in this thread with more details. I suggest having them update your IGM, ICCM, and TCU since they are dependent on each other.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Apologies for the miscommunication. I was informed it was dealer only in the US until February 2022, which has proven to be incorrect.

Many have posted they have received 3.0 OTA in this thread.

Your dealer should be able to do the update though, especially if you're having issues. If not, they probably don't want to waste their time.

Please read my earlier post in this thread with more details. I suggest having them update your IGM, ICCM, and TCU since they are dependent on each other.

I wasn't sure I should have already received it or not on my car. It's a new car picked up in November and I only got the 2.1.6 (last version prior to 3.0) last week so I believe the car should eventually get the OTA 3.0 downloaded which hasn't happened yet.

Thanks for letting me know, I will wait a few days and see if I get it. I don't drive the car a lot so perhaps that's the reason it takes longer, I don't turn the engine on more than once a week etc.
Julio

·
Registered
35 Posts
Since you just got 2.1.6 last week via OTA, it takes time for the OTA system to push the next update. Again, if you aren't having any issues, be patient. The more drive cycles, the more it checks into home base.

One trick is to drive the truck for at least 1 mile/2km, press and hold the service button (to the left of your sunroof controls) until the fast blink turns to a slow blink. That forces the truck to call home and check in. Anyone with remote start/lock issues can do this as well and is the first thing Jaguar technical support does to ensure connectivity is working properly.

Please make sure you're in a good cell service area and don't turn off the engine until the service light turns off.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts