2,297 Posts
that is some serious Fall leaf action!

Reactions: ksm and Cat Lady

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Some fall photo fun after coming outside to freshly-fallen leaves:
View attachment 73007
My first reaction looking at this from the window would have been ARE YOU FRICKIN' KIDDING ME?! I would have been running around the house screaming about scratches and who stole my rags etc. then I would have walked outside to this sight and thought well, the damage is already done I might as well get some pics! I would have returned into the house to get George (my big girl camera) and then spent the next hour or 2 taking pics before removing the debris! Great Shot! Did you "create" the pattern on the hood or is that the way they fell?

Reactions: ksm

·
Registered
360 Posts
My first reaction looking at this from the window would have been ARE YOU FRICKIN' KIDDING ME?! I would have been running around the house screaming about scratches and who stole my rags etc. then I would have walked outside to this sight and thought well, the damage is already done I might as well get some pics! I would have returned into the house to get George (my big girl camera) and then spent the next hour or 2 taking pics before removing the debris! Great Shot! Did you "create" the pattern on the hood or is that the way they fell?
Ha ha! I actually parked there BECAUSE of having a feeling that the leaves were about to fall! And the leaves all were dry. So, zero damage. And with no storms in the area, no worry about branches, etc., either. Although I’ll say that, although I parked in a different spot later, a new batch of leaves still found their way to the F-Pace AND it rained and I wound up having to lift the hood to scoop away a bunch of piled-up wet leaves from the vent cowl.

The leaf pattern in the photo is exactly how they fell. And although I took some shots with my SLR, I took this photo with a tiny drone that had a camera similar to that of a cell phone.

Glad you guys like it! Thanks!

(wow, took me long enough to reply!)

Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Here are a few shots of my SVR over the weekend. Took a bit of a roll on the beach here in Jersey. Winter beach access is kind of cool. Kept it slow though, didn't want to push too much sand up on the undercarriage. My son Caiden was with me and he did a little driving as well.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Here are a few shots of my SVR over the weekend. Took a bit of a roll on the beach here in Jersey. Winter beach access is kind of cool. Kept it slow though, didn't want to push too much sand up on the undercarriage. My son Caiden was with me and he did a little driving as well. View attachment 73035 View attachment 73036
Nice shots!!
Ocean City?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Close, it's the North Wildwood beach! Just a few towns south of Ocean City NJ.

Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
91 Posts
Before anyone asks, no I wasn't the "one wheel wonder" who left the single burnout skid mark on the pavement. Plus that looks like a 205 cross section tire. 😆

·
Registered
534 Posts

Fun. Know it well. Remember staying there and driving up to Brigantine Castle as a kid.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
My bad, that looked like the Ocean City coaster in the distance. Hubby is from NJ so I have only been there a few times and certain landmarks stand out in my mind

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
while tending to the mess left behind by the Santa Ana Winds and the neighbor's cat :mad: the dash board started screaming at me about the battery :rolleyes: This pandemic is not good for the battery health of our poor cars :cry:
So we went for a little drive. We found a CHP hiding out in the woods eating his lunch in peace and an abandoned car with smashed out windows and lots of tape. Here's a view of the last bit of Fall colors before the snow comes

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Reactions: ksm

·
Registered
360 Posts
Where is this? Don't miss that weather at all.
Maryland. My area received about 5 inches snow before the sleet kicked in. Forecasts called for substantially more, especially closer to the PA line.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Copy...I used to live in Elkridge back when I was stationed at Fort Meade. Couldn't afford much on a military salary. There's a certain prettiness to snowy days until it gets slushy and muddy with salt.

·
Registered
360 Posts
We've had a couple, nice winter wonderland snowfalls this week, including this morning:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
It's only early February and I am already sick of the snow!!!
We snuck out and a way (to pick up prescriptions) before the next round arrives

1521 - 1540 of 1544 Posts