Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1441 - 1460 of 1496 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
So I needed to get out of the house today and do something, so I decided to head over to the trail for a bit of a bike ride. Loaded up the Stealh Hitch on the SVR, and then the rack and bike, bundled up a bit since it was in the 40s this morning, and went on a ride. Interestingly enough I saw more people on the trail at 10am then I've ever seen on a Sunday morning. We all practiced our socially separate passes and the day went on. it was cool for sure, but it was beautifully sunny and a nice day for a ride. SVR was a little dirty, but still looking pretty good in the sunshine.

View attachment 72277
Hey. PA, glad to see your still kicking but on your bike. I have used mine more in the last couple of weeks, than in the last 2 years, lol. I will try and post a photo maybe later today. Star safe. MTHM.

Reactions: PA-FPace-F

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
MTHM
Great to hear from you! Keep on riding! I am riding more now than normally too. it's the only way I get out of the house!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Love that garage floor.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
left the property for the first time in almost 2 months to go pick up some food and take advantage of the AC in Carina

·
Registered
243 Posts
It’s not very often I get to see someone else drive the Jag, took it to get winters tires swapped off finally and was staring at it the whole time in my rear view haha

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
this is not my F-PACE nor is it my photo but it was posted to social media today by San Jose CHP so which one of you not only is out doing non essential driving but is driving way above the speed limit and getting busted?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Oh Boy! That's moving. I think they simply take you in and impound your car at that speed! Anyone know what that bottom number is all about? Is that the distance the reading was taken from the moving vehicle who recorded the speed?

Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Oh Boy! That's moving. I think they simply take you in and impound your car at that speed! Anyone know what that bottom number is all about? Is that the distance the reading was taken from the moving vehicle who recorded the speed?
sadly here they don't impound unless you were impaired or gave chase. That F-PACE driver likely got a citation and a court date and was sent on their way with a warning to keep their speeds down

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Anyone know what that bottom number is all about? Is that the distance the reading was taken from the moving vehicle who recorded the speed?
I’m guessing this is the 6th radar clocking in the device memory and 78.1 F is the temperature.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Interesting stat I read this morning: "California Highway Patrol issued 2,493 citations to motorists for driving 100+ mph from March 19–April 19 (an annual increase of 1,158). One driver was pushing 150+ mph. "

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Maybe they are thinking the police won't pull them over during this crisis. That is a heck of an increase compared to last year. And going 100mph plus is pretty fast. At least 30 mph over and probably much more in some areas.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Interesting stat I read this morning: "California Highway Patrol issued 2,493 citations to motorists for driving 100+ mph from March 19–April 19 (an annual increase of 1,158). One driver was pushing 150+ mph. "
it's a fact, I had to go out once to get prescriptions and every one was blowing by me at 100+ MPH Semi's were doing 90+ it didn't help my PTSD
they have also seen a major increase in Drunk Drivers. 😢 😰😭

·
Registered
514 Posts
Maybe they are thinking the police won't pull them over during this crisis. That is a heck of an increase compared to last year. And going 100mph plus is pretty fast. At least 30 mph over and probably much more in some areas.
I think it likely has a lot more to do with reduced traffic facilitating the ability to drive fast. Hard to do 100+ in bumper ot bumper. :)

1441 - 1460 of 1496 Posts