1,333 Posts
Why do people suck so bad?!!

·
Registered
237 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
That really stinks. Gives one a feeling of personal violation. Attempted break-in? What did they use?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Is that yours!? :(
Sadly, yes. ?

That really stinks. Gives one a feeling of personal violation. Attempted break-in? What did they use?
Right?!
The only thing that made it less personal was it was me and the brand new Chevy Blazer parked next to me and as I was making the discovery a third car drove by with theirs broken too.
According to responding officer they used a spring loaded glass break tool; from there they were able to flip seat down to look in rear hatch and then they moved on.
Car next to mine got entire rear hatch glass shattered and luggage stolen.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Argh! WHat a bunch of pricks. I know the feeling, I've had many a break-ins, in one case they ripped off the entire roll-up door off my cube van (and $18k worth of stuff stolen).

Hopefully there's video surveillance? ? Could have been worse... I've seen neighbors get their softtops get knifed and that's a way expensive fix....

·
Registered
314 Posts
Kind of an aside: Is the F-Pace's alarm triggered with the sound of breaking glass?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Kind of an aside: Is the F-Pace's alarm triggered with the sound of breaking glass?
apparently not :( no dash warning or app warning but there are wires in the glass (I think for heater)

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
OMG Cat Lady, that is horrible. Can't believe there is a group running around cracking open the hatches on SUVs.

Strange there are wires in that side glass as well. Maybe a simple extension of the rear window defroster into the sides. can't see out of them much from the driver's position anyway.

I'm sorry that happened to you and a bunch of other people. Some people do suck!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Glass replaced, seat removed to get the rest of the glass out that I couldn't get to so mostly all better :)
A couple of scratches to address at a later date.
Including pic of under seat so y'all can see wire bundles in case anyone needs that reference at some point and a picture of the glass in the box when it arrived for those of us who didn't know the Piano Black trim is actually part of the glass

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,256 Posts
apparently not :( no dash warning or app warning but there are wires in the glass (I think for heater) View attachment 72069
I believe that’s the radio antenna. For AM and FM.
The DAB and satellite are the shark fin on the roof

DP

·
Registered
314 Posts
Glass replaced, seat removed to get the rest of the glass out that I couldn't get to so mostly all better :)
A couple of scratches to address at a later date.
Including pic of under seat so y'all can see wire bundles in case anyone needs that reference at some point and a picture of the glass in the box when it arrived for those of us who didn't know the Piano Black trim is actually part of the glass
Glad you could get the window replaced so quickly. And, thanks for the additional info. I, too, was unaware that the piano black trim came as part of the window assembly.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Play time

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
good looking F-Pace and really sharp Mountain Bike as well!

What brand bike carrier is that? Looks nice, and maybe lighter than my Thule, which is wicked heavy for a carrier.

·
Registered
237 Posts
good looking F-Pace and really sharp Mountain Bike as well!

What brand bike carrier is that? Looks nice, and maybe lighter than my Thule, which is wicked heavy for a carrier.
Thanks man! It’s the KUAT bike rack. I’ve had a ton of Thule racks in the past and I really liked them, but the finish on the KUAT stuff is one step better, and they have cool color schemes haha.

It’s all metal so not light but not crazy heavy either. Check them out for sure.

I built the bike so got to pick all my parts/colors, it was a fun build for sure, I build all my mountain bikes

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Great looking SVR in a great looking picture!

1401 - 1420 of 1440 Posts