Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have removed some or all of the badges on the back of your F-Pace, would you mind posting or linking to a picture? Same goes for any mods to existing badges. Need help visualizing changes. My searches found lots of discussion, but only a few pictures.

Any and all pics appreciated. I'd especially love any images showing the back without the 'Jaguar' lettering or the leaper. Trying to figure out how far is too far. :)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I can't think of a single reason why anyone would want to do that. It doesn't make sense to me. Don't you want people to know you're driving a Jag? I know some Porsche SUV buyers remove the variant name like "Macan S" but I think it is because they have an inferiority complex compared to the more powerful, more expensive Macan Turbo. But I couldn't find one Macan Turbo owner who wanted to remove the "Macan Turbo" lettering. It was just the Macan S owners. I imagine some base Macan owners do the same. But no one removes the PORSCHE lettering from the rear. No one.

·
Registered
933 Posts
A lot of people do that, Trek, on all sorts of cars - Audi, BMW, etc. Personally, that's not my style, but I wouldn't mind seeing what a de-badged FP would look like. I think getting rid of the word, "Jaguar," under the leaper would look good.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Yes. It is not a matter of pride or prestige, rather, the super clean lines of the design, uninterrupted by the bits of things tacked on. I look forward to those who have done so sharing the look.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Trek, I did it on my Accord and my Infiniti M45, I think it cleaned up the rear of the cars and made them look more sporty. Only the Honda and Infinity logos were left dead center on the truck of both cars. First to go for me is the dealership advertising. It actually optically made the car look wider, not sure why. But like most things like this, it's a personal taste kind of thing.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Trek, I did it on my Accord and my Infiniti M45, I think it cleaned up the rear of the cars and made them look more sporty. Only the Honda and Infinity logos were left dead center on the truck of both cars. First to go for me is the dealership advertising. It actually optically made the car look wider, not sure why. But like most things like this, it's a personal taste kind of thing.
Absolutely...Since they are not paying me to advertise their brand that always comes off immediately.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't you want people to know you're driving a Jag?
I'm more interested in losing the "F-Pace" and "S" logos, but I would consider removing the JAGUAR if the leaper won't look too off-center. I don't care whether others know the brand of my car, but I do care about the car's appearance. I wouldn't fault anyone who thinks the rear end looks good with the shiny stickers on it. I don't love them, and just want to see what others have done.

But I couldn't find one Macan Turbo owner who wanted to remove the "Macan Turbo" lettering.
I took the "335i" off my 2011 convertible. There's no risk of confusing that car with the M. Why would I care if someone assumed that I had the smaller 328i engine? When it comes to horsepower, "show" is much more fun than "tell." :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I debadged mine on the build order, but since I'm not picking it up until Monday, don't know what it looks like. Potentially, I could see myself taking off the F-Pace, since the other side of the car will be blank.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I don't know about Audi, BMW, etc., and I totally get wanting to be rid of the dealer's name (mine is still on), but no one removes the the letters PORSCHE. No one. Clean lines? I don't think anybody would remove MASERATI or LAMBORGHINI either. Why would anyone want to remove JAGUAR? I can understand wanting to remove the letters DODGE. When I seriously contemplated buying a Charger Hellcat, I was trying to figure out how I would remove DODGE and substitute HELLCAT. If you're going to drive a Dodge make sure it's a Hellcat.

I just feel that certain brands have so much class why would you want to remove the brand name? I put JAGUAR and PORSCHE (and others) in that category. To me, those letters make the car look better not worse.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Personally, I like the Jaguar and the Leaper, so about the only thing that I'd get rid of would be the F-Pace (since I deleted the 35t at the factory).

But it doesn't bother me enough to remove it. :D

Kerry

·
Registered
458 Posts
First I thought removing insignia is such a silly idea - I want people to know I will be driving Jaguar. However most car enthusiasts don't need insignia to recognize different types of cars anyway even most cars of the same class tend to adopt the same shape. So I get it desire to clean up just slightly. As far as I go - I was just thinking one my way to work that should order temporary bumper sticker - "My other car is Yogo" - however my girlfriend might not appreciate that.... ;)

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I don't know about Audi, BMW, etc., and I totally get wanting to be rid of the dealer's name (mine is still on), but no one removes the the letters PORSCHE. No one. Clean lines? I don't think anybody would remove MASERATI or LAMBORGHINI either. Why would anyone want to remove JAGUAR? I can understand wanting to remove the letters DODGE. When I seriously contemplated buying a Charger Hellcat, I was trying to figure out how I would remove DODGE and substitute HELLCAT. If you're going to drive a Dodge make sure it's a Hellcat.

I just feel that certain brands have so much class why would you want to remove the brand name? I put JAGUAR and PORSCHE (and others) in that category. To me, those letters make the car look better not worse.
So my M45 Infiniti was only an Infiniti and not a BMW or Mercedes or Porsche for that matter, but it was a top of the line Infiniti and I removed the M45S lettering from it because I wanted it to be a sleeper. That V8 kicked ass over the V6 model and with the mods I had with the car it was **** quick. Not BMW M5 quick but definitely M40 quick.

as for my f-Pace, My dealer never really put anything on the car other than the Jaguar License plate frame which I've left on. I could remove the AWD but I like the S and the carbon and red logo I have on mine now. I also could remove the F-Pace since I'm still stumped at that name. I get where jag is going now with I-Pace and E-Pace, but I think the naming approach is a little lame for a sporting SUV.

Reactions: aquariumdrinker

·
Registered
11 Posts
On my Glacier White S, I removed the Jaguar letters from rear along with the AWD under the S logo.
I'm thinking tomorrow I'll remove F-Pace and the S logo. It will look much cleaner, I like the Leaper, maybe I'll get a Black one that was mentioned here..Love this vehicle.
Takes some time to get used to everything but I'm learning. This forum and everyone on it are awesome..Thank you for all your great ideas. I have always personalized my vehicles so they dont look like just another car going down the road.

I have a 2014 Chevy SS Sedan, I changed it to the way it looks in Australia, all Holden badging, I get so many people ask what kind of car is that. They hear that rumble from the LS engine coming out the Corsa exhaust, its sweet.
Y'all have a great weekend!

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts

I wouldn't say "no one". Obviously some people care more that people know what they're driving than others.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I wouldn't say "no one". Obviously some people care more that people know what they're driving than others.
Like some folks raised on another thread, I think some people feel guilty that they are driving a Jaguar. You know, kind of sheepish about it. Modest. What will the neighbors think? What will my co-workers think? Those silver letters that spell JAGUAR are too bold. Maybe Porsche, Maserati, and Lamborghini drivers want to be bold and in your face. Look what I'm driving kind of in your face. I think some Jaguar drivers are concerned about appearances about what other people think.

Or maybe they are afraid their car will be viciously KEYED like Trek's. :(

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Interesting, it looks a bit chubby in the rear. Maybe those bits add a horizontal element that flatten the rear.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts