Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ordered my fpace in Jan. Got the call it was in! (1 month early) get to the dealership which is 2 1/2 hours away from me. When I arrive they are crazy busy. I see the salesman and he says their is your Jag you can go take a look. So walk over and I inspect it, my husband says I have an eagle eye. I see two scratches and pointed them out. They said we will buff them out I am kind of annoyed because I was going to go next week to get it but they kept asking to come yesterday. Now I know why because it was month end. So they buff them out but I can still faintly see them but only if you look really hard. The sales manager apologized and gave me a $500 credit to my jag for future maintenance etc. So I accept, pay and we get into the fpace and the saleman cannot turn off the fan/air conditioning off!!. Took 3 salesmen to look and they could not turn it off. Has anyone every had this happen? So I drove home 2 1/2 hours with the fan/air conditioning full blast. Then I get home turn it off and a fan ran forever and I also noticed my JAGUAR logo on the back trunk area is lose kind off. Its like they glued them on with cheap glue. I called the dealership today about the fan and they said the fan was a normal thing because of the front lights? Im confused and feeling like I want to give it back already. Sorry fort the long rant. But it was like christmas morning yesterday for me and now Im feeling less sure. It is soooo fun to drive though!!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
The fan that you hear running after you turn the car off is a fan just for the LED headlights. They cool the LED's and when you open the door before you start the car they run to remove any potential moisture in the housing.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Ditto..Totally unacceptable..I would never have accepted it in that condition..I think there is a 5 day law that says you can take it back..or something like that.

BTW..where are you from and where did you buy it?

Reactions: SRazzle

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I emailed the manager asking if the running of the fan after shut off was normal or not and said if they did not have the fan/air conditioning sorted out in a couple of business days I was going to bring it back. All he replied was the fan runs because of the lights and its normal. Have a great weekend and enjoy your fpace. Im thinking in my head "HUH"?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Agree. You cannot accept this. Should not have taken delivery. I know what it is like to walk away...2+ hrs or not.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I emailed the manager asking if the running of the fan after shut off was normal or not and said if they did not have the fan/air conditioning sorted out in a couple of business days I was going to bring it back. All he replied was the fan runs because of the lights and its normal. Have a great weekend and enjoy your fpace. Im thinking in my head "HUH"?
I dont think customer service is any different in Canada, having said that I would have never accepted it if the fan was stuck on full blast. Very strange, did they call out the service manager or one of the technicians? I also dont like how they are being dismissing in the email. That would of been a problem for me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I picked it up it was almost closing hours and the technicians were gone home. Great I knew I should not have taken it. I kind of felt pressure though but I know in the end it was my decision. My husbands friend suggesting unplugging the battery and then re connecting it? The salesman said he has seen the fan issue in one other fpace and it "works itself out after a couple of days" He seems to think its with the computer tech side of it. Ugh feeling sick in my stomach now.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Please don't despair..I know how you must feel right now..But Get on the phone Monday and get with the service and sale manager.. Especially about the scratches..That is just plain BS....Also I would call JNA and lodge the complaint about it and the run around...Tell them you want ANOTHER F-PACE period.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Ugh feeling sick in my stomach now.
Don't loose any sleep over it. Many times the car has to be turned off, locked and left for 15 minutes or more. Usually at that point the computers in the car have shut down and have a chance for a fresh boot up. You must lock the car!

The fact that the dealer has witnessed the issue if it does not resolve itself they will be on the hook for it. If it repeats itself call the Jaguar Concierge at 1 (800) 452-4827 option 9. Tell them about the issue and they will open a case for you and work with the dealer. Make sure you get the case number. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The fan in the air conditioning running full blast is not normal but the fan running after you shut off the engine is normal. This is the fan that cools the LED lights. Mine turns on even if I open the door after it has been sitting. It will run for a short while and then turn off. Do you have the ICT system or ICTP?

·
Registered
536 Posts
yes I do! But as I just got it Friday late evening I don't really know how to use it.
Sorry, I asked if you have ICT or ICTP. The ICT has push buttons on both sides of the display in the center of the console. The ICTP is all just a display and the selections are made on the display itself by touching it. Which one do you have?

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
There are 3 fan scenarios here, the fans for the headlights, interior fan for the AC and heat and the fan for the engine. The fan for the engine will run after the vehicle is shut off if the engine temp is on the high side as explained the headlight fans run on their own as explained above.

Jaguar has a funny way of turning the fan off for the ventilation system. When you hit the soft key see the first pix below.

That bring you to a second screen that allows you to adjust the temperature, fan speed and to turn off the ventilation system in its entirety. See the second picture. The red circled icon will turn the system on or off. THe controls for the heated and ventilated seats are on the same screen if your vehicle is so equipped.

Since you have not told us which system you have these instructions are for the ICTP and maybe the same for the ICT. Mine has the ICTP.

Let us know if this helps your situation.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh man! I am going to try this first thing am!! Its 11pm here. Thank you so much for everyone trying to help. I really appreciate it!! And its def not the fan for the headlights after seeing everyone comment the fan does shut off after time. It defiently is the fan inside. Also the temp are stuck on 22 degrees and I cannot change it. Ill snap a picture tomorrow morning and show you whats going on. Yes I also have heated and cooled seats I have the r sport with the tech package, comfort and convince package etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am having issues with my 2017 F-pace too. : ( COMPUTER GLITCHES, the screen blacks out so you can't use the touch screen. The blower fan issue happened when I first picked up vehicle in Sept. I couldn't shut it off or lower the fan. The shifter gets stuck when put in gear. Drive sticks and I have to push on the gas pedal hard. I went to the car wash and you have to put the car in neutral, well yes when the car was done at the end of the car wash I couldn't put in Drive, ugg. I had to shut the car off and then put it in gear. Mind you their are cars behind you in the car wash.
The rear camera stays on when put into drive. I love the car but so many issues, very sad. I also live in another state and they said when I bought it they would take care of me. Hahaha Well I wanted them to do the update on my car and they didn't have any loaners for me since i was driving past to go to NY. They would need my car for a few days so I could drive( a loaner car) home since service dept said it would take a full day atleast for just the panel updates. Something under the car needed some rubber piece. So they couldn't get me a loaner car the day I was going to drop off my car on my way home after a week. Got on the phone and contacted the Sales person I bought the car from. Service guys called me and said they were going to pick up my vehicle 2 ½ hours away on Friday, on a flatbed and the will send me a car the same day. Wellll, yes you are right...they didn't send me a car on Friday, MIA all persons at the car dealership. Pissed yes, bunch of low life....... , don't give a **** about their customers. No happy to say the least! So the service dept is closed sat. sun. work on it monday perhaps and tues get car wednesday Im assuming. So inconsiderate of them. So Albany,NY dealership in on my **** list! No car for a week! They could of at least have the balls to contact me so I could of ordered a rental car. If anyone has suggestions who to contact about these low life idiots please, I would appreciate it. Brand new car and we spend a lot for these cars and we are treated like ****. I have a major problem with that! Lesson learned , don't buy a car if its not in your state!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts