Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My F-Pace came complete with Dealer Installed scratches in the Piano Black Trim around the gear selector and on the driver's side B Pillars some abrasion type scratches and a couple of deeper ones that make me crazy every time I get in the car. Well, I couldn't take it anymore so I spent an hour alone with my F-Pace today removing those eyesores :) It was difficult to get pictures due to reflections etc. but I tried 1st pic will be before with a couple of the deeper scratches visible 2nd pic is after with scratches gone and owner very happy. I also applied coat of wax to all Black Piano Trim (inside and out) to hopefully avoid some of the abrasions usually caused by dust in the future

Attachments

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I forget who posted it , but there was someone on here recently who posted a photo of the *Wood Trim* , that made me VERY HAPPY that I got the Meshed Aluminum Trim , which still has the Piano Black Trim around the center console ! >:)
Just requires a little elbow grease , now and then , that's all ! ;)

Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and the right products

Reactions: MKenM and GRVR

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
and the right products
If the A & B Pillars are really going to concern you , there are some people on here that have had them either *Coated* or *Wrapped* for protection ! They say that is keeps them from getting all the SWIRL marks and Scratches ! Just a thought ! :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
My F-Pace came complete with Dealer Installed scratches in the Piano Black Trim around the gear selector and on the driver's side B Pillars some abrasion type scratches and a couple of deeper ones that make me crazy every time I get in the car. Well, I couldn't take it anymore so I spent an hour alone with my F-Pace today removing those eyesores :) It was difficult to get pictures due to reflections etc. but I tried 1st pic will be before with a couple of the deeper scratches visible 2nd pic is after with scratches gone and owner very happy. I also applied coat of wax to all Black Piano Trim (inside and out) to hopefully avoid some of the abrasions usually caused by dust in the future
What did you use to remove?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Mine came with these scratches too, and I posted about my experience removing the scratches a few months ago. I was also lucky enough to have mine come with a nice dealer-installed scratch on the nav. screen as well.

The problem is that dealerships are generally careless and clueless when it comes to washing and cleaning cars even if they have a so called "detailing department." I've never picked up a new car (non-luxury or luxury) that was not in need of a full detail.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mine came with these scratches too, and I posted about my experience removing the scratches a few months ago. I was also lucky enough to have mine come with a nice dealer-installed scratch on the nav. screen as well.

The problem is that dealerships are generally careless and clueless when it comes to washing and cleaning cars even if they have a so called "detailing department." I've never picked up a new car (non-luxury or luxury) that was not in need of a full detail.
This, plus the fact that the piano black trim seems to scratch if you breath on it too hard! I have some very light abrasions on the black trim on my AB pillar, nothing that bothers me yet...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Attachments

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Novus is Good stuff Cat-Lady..I use it all the time...I too feel your pain..I went a step further though and covered the B & C pillars with a polished Stainless trim ( like the trim bling)..Especially good for the B pillar as people with rings and long finger nails will scratch those surfaces easy...

I did it on my XF and F-Pace...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looks Great!!

Reactions: DPK

·
Registered
233 Posts
Mine came like that and is still like that. I'm having my black logo painted black and I'm having the bodyshop buff those out.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have the meshed aluminium with the piano black trim around the shifter.

When the vehicle was brand new I installed XPel film on the usual areas outside the vehicle and had the installer add it to a few unusual places including on the interior black piano finish around the shifter. The extra charges were very inexpensive.

The vehicle is now about 7 months old and I put all sorts of stuff on it like my phone etc and there are no marks and you can not even tell it has a film on it. In fact until I read these posts today I forget I even installed it on the inside.

If the film ever does get marked I can replace it easily and inexpensively and have a brand new look. When I sell the vehicle if any marks I will just remove it to the original brand new surface.

·
F Pace Expert
2,554 Posts
I had my dealer buff the pillars then apply wrap, world of difference, continue to look great even though, yes I know, I go through car washes.

Reactions: MTGRL and Cat Lady

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would like to put the XPEL around the shifter plastic. Does anyone know how to remove the plastic to make it easier to install?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had my dealer buff the pillars then apply wrap, world of difference, continue to look great even though, yes I know, I go through car washes.
I am happy to hear someone else uses (admits to using) auto car washes.
No washes for me. All care and detailing done by my hands. It's therapeutic, it's our alone time ;) Although I will say this car is a detailer's NIGHTMARE so I don't blame any of you who seek a little help in the upkeep

·
Registered
105 Posts
How to Protect Black Interior Trim

Anyone have any experience on how to protect interior trim from scratches? Especially around the shifter on my FPace that I just picked up? I can already see my wife throwing her car keys on the shifter area and putting a massive scratch in it? I have seen where some had a plastic film or wrap, not sure I will like the look especially if there are bubbles. If experience is good, what product did you use? What about using a polish protector like Meguiar's Polish Protectant or NXT Tech Protectant or Mother's Polish Protectant? Or maybe even a good quality wax to get a layer of protection over the plastic? Not sure the polish protectant would work? Thoughts? Really appreciate any feedback.

·
F Pace Expert
2,554 Posts
I am happy to hear someone else uses (admits to using) auto car washes.
No choice other than my dealer's complimentary washes, live in a condo building with no wash facilities.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts