Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone using for a phone holder? Tired of just setting it in the cup holder.

Have used Proclips in other vehicles but concerned with how this one clamps on to the center console for the FPace. Anyone use it and does it damage the center console?

Do not want one that is up high.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
No phone holder. I just throw it on the rubber pad in front of the gear selector as I rarely use the phone display. On road trips where I might have Waze running I just stand it up against the HVAC controls.

·
Registered
198 Posts
What is everyone using for a phone holder? Tired of just setting it in the cup holder.

Have used Proclips in other vehicles but concerned with how this one clamps on to the center console for the FPace. Anyone use it and does it damage the center console?

Have the ProClip in my F Pace and every other car I've owned over the past 3 years. No center console issues in the Jag. The passenger may have a little trouble visualizing their temp adjustment, but no other problems!

·
Registered
626 Posts

I use ProClip, it clips to the center console, no holes or drilling. I used some industrial sticky tape for additional hold. I just run the cord along the passenger side between the seat and console. If I can find a longer cord that works with the F-Pace, I'll run the cord under the center console, up to the ProClip.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the same, didn't need to use sticky tape though as I slid it toward console it fits very well.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I use ProClip, it clips to the center console, no holes or drilling. I used some industrial sticky tape for additional hold. I just run the cord along the passenger side between the seat and console. If I can find a longer cord that works with the F-Pace, I'll run the cord under the center console, up to the ProClip.
Would love to see how the wire looks along console and into plug in....please.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
No phone holder. I just throw it on the rubber pad in front of the gear selector as I rarely use the phone display. On road trips where I might have Waze running I just stand it up against the HVAC controls.
I do the same thing, I though about a holder since sometime when heavily accelerating it will slide back and hit the shift knob, but most of the time it's perfectly fine there and I hate the holders that use the vents. I'm also not a fan of holder that require magnets to be attached to the back of the phone or a bulky case. So that heavily limits my options.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have the ProClip in my F Pace and every other car I've owned over the past 3 years. No center console issues in the Jag. The passenger may have a little trouble visualizing their temp adjustment, but no other problems!
Thanks. That is my first choice.
Clamping on the center console leather will not damage it?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Same here. I've used them in all my cars over the last 10+ years.
I bought the ProClip version with the charging cord. Use it when I have Waze activated. Works well.
There is also a version with NO cord.
Highly recommend ProClip.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Thanks. That is my first choice.
Clamping on the center console leather will not damage it?
Just be careful to pick the right version. There is one for real leather, and one for faux leather. You'll figure it out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Would love to see how the wire looks along console and into plug in....please.
My cord comes out of console and runs along side on top next to right edge, I don't like it there but haven't yet figured out a better way.

·
Registered
265 Posts
My cord comes out of console and runs along side on top next to right edge, I don't like it there but haven't yet figured out a better way.
I see that they offer a hard wire option. I wonder if there is a way to do it that way so you don't have to run the cable alongside the center console, instead run it to somewhere in the dash of fuse box by the driver side.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have this in all my cars. It is strong enough to hold all the large cells phones and no fasteners or things to squeeze to hold the phone, just holds the phone using a magnet and metal plate I have between the phone and phone case. On the FPace, I have it on the left side of windshield so it is on my line of sight for Waze and I don't have to look down. I ran a USB cable from the USB port under the dash and up the door trim.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R2K4LCY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have this in all my cars. It is strong enough to hold all the large cells phones and no fasteners or things to squeeze to hold the phone, just holds the phone using a magnet and metal plate I have between the phone and phone case. On the FPace, I have it on the left side of windshield so it is on my line of sight for Waze and I don't have to look down. I ran a USB cable from the USB port under the dash and up the door trim.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R2K4LCY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Under dash!? you mean in center console right? I don't see any USB port under the dash!

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I guess one of these days , *GR* is going to have to breakdown and get a modern phone !!! :crying:
Because , my darn FLIP PHONE won't even fit in that nice little spot !!! >:)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I agree! I tried the cupholder and that didn't work so well cause it slides around. I keep forgetting it when I put it in the rubber holder thing so i just put it between my legs. =/

I think i might get a super grippy rubber pad and CNC it to the shape of the center consoler/shifter area so I can put my phone next to the shifter and it won't slide all over the place.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I think i might get a super grippy rubber pad and CNC it to the shape of the center consoler/shifter area so I can put my phone next to the shifter and it won't slide all over the place.
If it works out well , don't forget to post PICS !!! :nerd:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Under dash!? you mean in center console right? I don't see any USB port under the dash!
I ran it from the console down near the seatbelt, then tucked under the center plastic trim then under the steering wheel area and up the door trim. All hidden except when coming out of the side of the console and door trim.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I ran it from the console down near the seatbelt, then tucked under the center plastic trim then under the steering wheel area and up the door trim. All hidden except when coming out of the side of the console and door trim.
Sounds like a good approach. How long of a USB cable did you need?

·
Registered
105 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts