Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Which do you prefer: performance or sport seats?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are everyone's thoughts on the different seat options?

Looking at the 2021 builder on the UK site, the base seats are the Performance (which to me look to be the sportier of the two so should be called the Sport seats). Visually, they are distinct for the overall slimmer profile and chrome-trimmed "vent" at the neck line. The so-called Sport seats don't seem sporty at all and have a much chunkier profile and a huge headrest.

Anyone have experience driving in both? Any preference in terms of comfort? Vote!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I believe the performance seats are really those in the SVR. I'm very happy with them. They are comfortable and since they are slimmer, you can still put the back seats flat without moving the front seats to far forward even though you can't lower the headrest in the back.

·
Registered
80 Posts
But do the 2021 performance seats still have the limitation of not being able to recline for the rear passengers?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm a pretty svelt fella, and I find the "sport seats" in my SVR hold me in place very well and are very comfortable. That said, if I was a bit larger framed, I'm not sure I'd like them. The side bolsters are way more pronounced and it does seem to me the cushioning isn't as thick as the stock seats in my 2017 R-Sport. I could sit in those seats all day (and did driving from Ohio to MA in one day) without the slightest twinge in my back. I'm not sure I could do that in the SVR seats, if I'm totally honest. They do look sick in the car, though 😎

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm not real sure of the naming conventions by country. Like PA-FPace-F I think what are in my SVR are the performance seats. I spent almost three years in an FPace-S and a full year in my SVR. I can tell you that the seats in the SVR are magnitudes more comfortable for me. As a matter of fact, about a year ago I noticed that if you built an S you could get those same seats as are in the SVR for about another $2k. They were not an option on any trim lower than the S. If I were buying another S I would pay extra for those seats. I make single drives of between 400-500 miles at a stretch. In the S the underside of my legs and my butt would get tired/sore. And my back just got tired. In the SVR I get out after 4-5 hours of driving feeling like a teenager. The big, padded seats in my S looked like they would be more comfortable. But every little detail of the seats in the SVR is more comfortable to me. Simple things like the lumbar support never losing air and the comfort of the sides and the fitting like a glove matters. Everybody is different but my two cents worth is that I'd pay the extra money for the seats in my SVR. They are the most comfortable seats I've ever had in any car, especially for long distance drives.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts