Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey anybody have an issue with the passenger airbag warning light? When I have a Passenger it lights as ‘on’ as it should, and then turns off after about 30 seconds - again as it should. We have noticed (and obviously it’s not something you look at all the time so don’t know how frequently this happens), the light is coming on again showing airbag as ‘off’ and it stays lit. So we unclick the belt and plug it back in and the light cycles back as it should.
My wife gets very nervous when the airbag is showing as ‘off’ and I ask her to unclick her seatbelt...
Taking it to Jaguar tomorrow but they seemed baffled on the phone.
ps My wife is of average weight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So five weeks later, I finally get my car back from jaguar. Let me say that jaguar (Knoxville TN) were excellent with communication and of course I had a loaner. Also due to covid-19 we didn’t need the car so much. Since no comment from the group on the original post, I assume I had a very unique problem, indeed jaguar were quite dumbfounded. Anyhow i wanted to share the outcome. First the seatbelt sensor was checked - not that. Then the seat sensor - not that. Then the seat - still the problem. Then software updates. Then finally a ‘module’, shipped from the UK. Then more software updates before the module could be installed / fitted or whatever they do with them. Then finally success, the light went out and stayed off.
jaguar delivered my car back to me and picked up their car. They had 400 miles on the clock, which I was tracking on an almost daily basis. It was difficult for me to get angry with Jaguar because of the communication, I had a car, the issue perplexed them, and I was self isolating anyway. Point is just seeing my own Jag in the garage puts a smile on my face. Going out for a long drive tomorrow.
Be safe!

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
434 Posts
Good to hear about the Knoxville dealer.
You're too new to PM, so do you live in Knoxville, or nearby? I visit family in Pigeon Forge , driving the FP.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Glad to hear it seems to be resolved and thanks for the heads up on something to look out for. What year and trim is your F-PACE?
They drove your car 400 miles?!!! I would want to know where they went :oops:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts