Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there some kind of trick to using the park assist? I've read the manual and it makes sense, but any time i try to parallel or perpendicular park it just says searching and can't seem to find the spot. I eventually have to give up before people start honking and park it myself.

I got it to kind of work 1 time. I was trying to park in a perpendicular spot and it decided to park parallel across 2 spots... It came super close to the car I was trying to park next to, I had to go about 1/2 a mph to be sure. but it did a great job getting close, but not too close, to the curb. that's 99% of my use case, not to scuff my black 22s

·
Registered
536 Posts
Is there some kind of trick to using the park assist? I've read the manual and it makes sense, but any time i try to parallel or perpendicular park it just says searching and can't seem to find the spot. I eventually have to give up before people start honking and park it myself.

I got it to kind of work 1 time. I was trying to park in a perpendicular spot and it decided to park parallel across 2 spots... It came super close to the car I was trying to park next to, I had to go about 1/2 a mph to be sure. but it did a great job getting close, but not too close, to the curb. that's 99% of my use case, not to scuff my black 22s
When searching you have to be within a 0.5 to 1.5 meters of the cars you want to park between as called out in the manual plus the space must be on the passenger side of the car. If you want to do it on the drivers side you have to turn your turn signal to turn in that direction.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
When searching you have to be within a 0.5 to 1.5 meters of the cars you want to park between as called out in the manual plus the space must be on the passenger side of the car. If you want to do it on the drivers side you have to turn your turn signal to turn in that direction.
thanks

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I've used this several times to parallel park, and it's just like Baherrick said, if you aren't close enough to the car's on the passenger side it doesn't really find the space. You also have to go further past the spot you want to go into and the car in front of it then you would normally do if you were parking yourself. Once you do that, it will recognize the space and then it's simply hands off the wheel and you control the brake and gear shift.

I have not had success nor do I normally use it to park into a perpendicular spot. I back into those spots all the time (every day at work) but normally I'm parking where there is no one around me, easier for me to do it in that respect.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Mine doesn't work either. I've tried various configurations with the car and it has never worked. I likely wouldn't use it anyway. It's basically just another thing on my "list" of things that doesn't work or works inconsistently.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks! I will give the parallel thing another try later today pulling up a little further. backing in manually is pretty easy, and how I park 99% of the time when I'm not parallel parking. just thought I'd ask in case there was something like "hey dummy, press this button first and it works flawlessly" :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Has anyone had the issue of the cameras not coming up when you go into reverse?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Has anyone had the issue of the cameras not coming up when you go into reverse?
On rare occasions the cameras can be a little wonky if I quickly shift into R. This is unrelated to the Park Assist feature though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
On rare occasions the cameras can be a little wonky if I quickly shift into R. This is unrelated to the Park Assist feature though.
Well I think its related because yesterday for the first time I shifted into reverse and only the park assist screen came up. Normally in park assist you can also turn the cameras on but nothing was coming up except the sensors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Very interesting read! I didn't realise that the Jag had to be on the passenger's side door for it to assist with parking. I'm sure the same rules apply in all parking assisted cars.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
yes. It is an option that must be ordered from factory when car is built. https://www.jaguar.com/incontrol-global/incontrol/driver-assistance/park-assist.html

If you have 360 cameras and the little plastic rectangle shield in front of the growler emblem on your grille then you have park assist

The plastic on the grill is for the ACC (Auto Cruise Control) does the self park come wiht that package by default ? I know on the 2019 you can not order more individual options rather than buying a pack.

With that said I had the self park feature on my 2017 F-PACE never really got it work, or did not have the patience for it. It is nice for pulling out of a space just to show a passenger how it works.

I did order it on my 2019 becsue it was park of the pack I added. The new ver2 sensors are more sensitive and will pick up curbs now. I still have not had it park my car thought. In Texas where I we live parallel parking is very rare. If your from the norht east ( I’m originally from Connecticut) then I would say it might be a helpful feature.

DP

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
The plastic on the grill is for the ACC (Auto Cruise Control) does the self park come wiht that package by default ?
DP
yes, it is part of the Driver Assistance Package Code Z95D. Do not know it that is still correct for MY 2019

Reactions: DPinTX and GRVR
1 - 14 of 14 Posts