Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It rained here today and I noticed water behaves differently on my windshield after it was treated with Ceramic Pro. It doesn't seem to bead up much when wet or spot after drying. Same with the hood which has Ceramic Pro over film.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
It rained here today and I noticed water behaves differently on my windshield after it was treated with Ceramic Pro. It doesn't seem to bead up much when wet or spot after drying. Same with the hood which has Ceramic Pro over film.
Isn't *NO* spots after drying , a GOOD THING* ??? :confused:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I have ceramic pro and mine beads like crazy (dont have it on top of PPF film though). I rarely have to use the windshield wipers when going highway speeds because it beads up and rolls off as if you were looking out an airplane window as it was raining and you were going down the runway.

Same with the rest of the car, water beads up beautifully.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay. Maybe saying water does not bead is an inaccurate description. Let me just say I t is different than before. Cleaner. More clear.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Okay. Maybe saying water does not bead is an inaccurate description. Let me just say I t is different than before. Cleaner. More clear.
What were you told it would do? After all, you did pay for the application. What were you expecting?

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Ok ! So if I am understanding this correctly , you opened a thread , in order to tell us that what you had done to your vehicle is actually working that way it should ???
I guess that can be considered "informative" !!! >:)

Way to go , Trek !!! *CONGRATULATIONS* !!! ;)

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
You mean on the glass surfaces or the entire car? I do believe ceramic pro is much more hydro-hobic than a PPF is, so this could be what you are seeing.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I use Wolfgang WG-5500 on my vehicles along with Collinite.... I can tell you, I can put it on for years for the price of Ceramic Pro or Cilajet, Apply twice a year and it will match any professionally applied finish if you claybar 1st....JMHO

·
Registered
390 Posts
I don't remember what I was told. Give me a break. I'm old. You will get there if you're lucky...
Ok, but that surprises me based on your many other posts. You seem very much into the details of what you pay for. Anyway, you must know what you expected from the product? Has it not measured up?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I use Wolfgang WG-5500 on my vehicles along with Collinite.... I can tell you, I can put it on for years for the price of Ceramic Pro or Cilajet, Apply twice a year and it will match any professionally applied finish if you claybar 1st....JMHO
I dont trust myself to not f*ck it up, I would be way to scared to do that with no prior experience with detailing.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I dont trust myself to not f*ck it up, I would be way to scared to do that with no prior experience with detailing.

Well I can tell you, even though I'm willing to spend whatever on the vehicle, I'm pretty tight when it comes to dealer add ons or applied coatings etc. Just another HUGE profit maker.... I've never seen one that really held up to its claims or didn't have to be taken in for a touch up or redo for another fee annually or etc. This stuff is not hard to apply, its basically like waxing any normal car and the results are outstanding for at least 3-5 months.....

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, but that surprises me based on your many other posts. You seem very much into the details of what you pay for. Anyway, you must know what you expected from the product? Has it not measured up?
This is the first time I've had this done to a car. I admit to being influenced by you and others on this forum. It took ten months before I made the leap. My original post was really intended to communicate my initial reaction after exposing my treated F-Pace to Mother Nature for the first time.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
This is the first time I've had this done to a car. I admit to being influenced by you and others on this forum. It took ten months before I made the leap. My original post was really intended to communicate my initial reaction after exposing my treated F-Pace to Mother Nature for the first time.
So were the results what you were expecting or were you disappointed? Also, is the water beading up like me and others have explained or no? If not id be a little concerned.

·
Registered
158 Posts
BTW, Claybar is not difficult to do at all, and in fact they sell "clay bar" gloves if there is a concern in handling or using the bar itself. I agree, and decided not to coat my car's, but rather use a great wax 2-3 times a year to keep the shine, protect, and save the money. Not cheap, but not spending big bucks, having to worry about yellowing, or any other things I have read on posts. Read so many points, counterpoints that I decided to stop the research and go the traditional route, taking my chances. At least it reduces the probability of paint anything over the life of the car.

·
Registered
390 Posts
So were the results what you were expecting or were you disappointed? Also, is the water beading up like me and others have explained or no? If not id be a little concerned.
Trek. Having made the leap, and posted your initial reaction comment, you still aren't saying if you're satisfied or not, or what you expected. And those details, I think, would be far more helpful to other forum members and guests who may be considering the same. Positive or negative, I'm curious and have no interest in defending the product. Your experience is your experience. But your original comment leaves out any of that context. So.....

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Honestly, I don't know what I was expecting other than what people have said on this forum. Things like, "it will be easier to keep the car clean and shiny;" "just wipe it off with a soft cloth;" "just hose off the dirt and use a soft cloth to wipe it down and it will shine like a mirror;" "no more swirls;" etcetera, etcetera. I have a five-year warranty on the Ceramic Pro. I'll be disappointed if the current appearance lasts only half that amount of time because the film and CP cost me a lot of cash ($3900). It was more expensive than most because I waited 10 months and had to get paint correction first. But I'm very pleased with the way it looks right now. Very pleased. The swirls and scratches are gone even from the black window trim which looks better than it did when it was showroom new.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
3900.00?

In the words of the Immortal Fred Sanford..... "Elizabeth, Elizabeth, I think I'm Coming......!!"

I won't bring up what else Fred used to say.....

Reactions: Trek

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Honestly, I don't know what I was expecting other than what people have said on this forum. Things like, "it will be easier to keep the car clean and shiny;" "just wipe it off with a soft cloth;" "just hose off the dirt and use a soft cloth to wipe it down and it will shine like a mirror;" "no more swirls;" etcetera, etcetera. I have a five-year warranty on the Ceramic Pro. I'll be disappointed if the current appearance lasts only half that amount of time because the film and CP cost me a lot of cash ($3900). It was more expensive than most because I waited 10 months and had to get paint correction first. But I'm very pleased with the way it looks right now. Very pleased. The swirls and scratches are gone even from the black window trim which looks better than it did when it was showroom new.
Okay, so the good news with CP is that they do give you a warranty, so if you are ever unhappy with how the product performs in 2 or 3 years they should give you a solution. Another thing that should keep it performing well is that once a year you have to take it in so it can be detailed with CP sport (this should keep it performing like new). I will say its good that you got both a PPF film and CP because CP alone does not protect against scratches, road debris, chips etc. which is disappointing especially due to how expensive it was but overall im happy with how it look after a wash.

Reactions: Trek
1 - 20 of 34 Posts