Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the 335 HP and the 400 HP I6? What did Jaguar do to the P340 to get the extra 65 horses?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I believe the 340 just has a Turbo, while the 400 has an added supercharger...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m just wondering if it’s just a tune, higher turbo boost or a physical difference like cam change?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I must have read wrong then…..all I know is the P400 is pretty snappy. We love it….

·
Registered
70 Posts
I drove both...and ended up with the P400. It was much stronger off the line, noticeably faster overall.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I definitely would have bought the p400 if one was available anywhere near me. The thing about these cars is you really don’t have much to pick from. All the dealers near me had at most 6 cars to pick from and half of those were p250. That was last March, now they have none. I’m happy with the p340 as that was the minimum engine I would consider.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I waited 7 months for mine. I could have sold it back to the dealer the day they delivered it and put 8K in my pocket. They had even sold most all of their loaners, and had people calling from out of state every day for anything they had...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the 335 HP and the 400 HP I6? What did Jaguar do to the P340 to get the extra 65 horses?
I have a P400 F-Pace and a P340 Range Rover Velar (basically the same car). The Jag is NOTICABLY quicker off the line and more responsive when passing, but outside of that (about 5% of your use), you won't notice the difference.

Sidenote not engine related: The Velar is quieter riding (and the Jag rides quiet), mostly due to the tire/rim difference since the Jag's low-p tires are grippier on wet and dry pavement, and noisier, but the Scoprion AS are not as good in the Minnesota snow.

Right now I have a RR Evoque loaner with the P250 and it is just plain awful in performance by comparison, its noisy, hates cold starts, bucks in auto-stop restarts, and gets 2 MPG worse than my P400 (maybe because you have to wring its neck to get it to move). I can't wait to get my Jag back from repair. Don't ask what's wrong with it, the list is aggravatingly long.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts