Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I got my 2017 35T 6 months ago as a CPO with 22k miles on it, everything has been fine thus far. I recently installed the Mina Gallery intake about 4 weeks ago and just took a 1k mile road trip. Upon returning I got a CEL light and when scanned it I got this code: "P0062 – Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 3, bank 2, heater control circuit malfunction".

Looking in the forums I see that these sensors are 'wear and tear' items and are known issues. I also see another post that JLR extended the warranty for these sensors for this MY and I think it should still be covered under my warranty (fingers crossed).

My question is, do you think the intake was in any way related to the sensor going bad? or is just coincidence?

Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’m not sure but I would not take it to the dealer without putting stock intake on. I’ve never worked at Jag dealer but I’ve worked at few other dealerships as a service advisor in the past. They have a little note section that attaches to your vin to show what kind of mods you have so when the time comes they can deny the claim (again, the right term is deny the warranty claim, they can’t void your warranty unless your car is totaled and your rebuilt it etc)

it stays with the system so even if you visit another dealer with the mods off they will see you had them on at one point

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip. I was planning on returning everything to stock of I did take it in.

I am able to clear the error and it will stay off for a while (days) so I don't think the sensor completely failed. Thinking it might be a grounding issue perhaps or related to the mixture due to intake.

Was going to put the stock airboxes back in and see if that keeps it off for more than a few days.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I was planning on returning everything to stock of I did take it in.

I am able to clear the error and it will stay off for a while (days) so I don't think the sensor completely failed. Thinking it might be a grounding issue perhaps or related to the mixture due to intake.

Was going to put the stock airboxes back in and see if that keeps it off for more than a few days.
That’s not a bad idea but in case, if you do revert it back to stock, have Jaguar check out on their dime.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi All,
I got my 2017 35T 6 months ago as a CPO with 22k miles on it, everything has been fine thus far. I recently installed the Mina Gallery intake about 4 weeks ago and just took a 1k mile road trip. Upon returning I got a CEL light and when scanned it I got this code: "P0062 – Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 3, bank 2, heater control circuit malfunction".

Looking in the forums I see that these sensors are 'wear and tear' items and are known issues. I also see another post that JLR extended the warranty for these sensors for this MY and I think it should still be covered under my warranty (fingers crossed).

My question is, do you think the intake was in any way related to the sensor going bad? or is just coincidence?

View attachment 73912
That's the most common cause of a check engine light in all Jaguar models. The heater elements were misaligned during manufacture. That's also why the warranty on the o2 sensors is extended to 150k miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts