Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Definitely YES , on the Black Lug Nuts !
BTW , I have never seen Lug Nuts like that before , that are actually INSET into the Wheel !!!
That wheel might take a little getting used to !!! Definitely Different !!!
You appear to be on the Cutting Edge over there mingy !!! ;)
Your ENTHUSIASM is a welcome sight !!! :)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
They look good nice with the white color. Will your Jag Center caps fit? I think they might look good with them if they will fit.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Hey mingy , actually what I was referring to on the Lug Nuts , is that each one looks like a LOCK Lug Nut ???
Don't think I have ever seen that done before !!! :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They look good nice with the white color. Will your Jag Center caps fit? I think they might look good with them if they will fit.
good idea..... try it when i get the wheels back

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey mingy , actually what I was referring to on the Lug Nuts , is that each one looks like a LOCK Lug Nut ???
Don't think I have ever seen that done before !!! :)
they are tuner lugs with a cone seat, that length hard ti find in black though....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the exact same rims on blizzaks for my winter tire/wheel set. The acorn tuner lugs are impossible to find. Why am I looking - the lugs I got from tire rack rust completely each season (on season two now, new set this season). The lugs are M14 x 1.5. Mine measure 0.75" diameter and 1.75" length. I can find 0.75" diameter acorn tuner lugs but they are 1.27" length. Does anyone know if length is critical (insert joke here...)? Unlike the pic at the top of this forum, mine do stick out a bit further, so I'm guessing shorter would be better, but don't know enough about lugs to know if the length is critical for proper tightening, etc. Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I have the exact same rims on blizzaks for my winter tire/wheel set. The acorn tuner lugs are impossible to find. Why am I looking - the lugs I got from tire rack rust completely each season (on season two now, new set this season). The lugs are M14 x 1.5. Mine measure 0.75" diameter and 1.75" length. I can find 0.75" diameter acorn tuner lugs but they are 1.27" length. Does anyone know if length is critical (insert joke here...)? Unlike the pic at the top of this forum, mine do stick out a bit further, so I'm guessing shorter would be better, but don't know enough about lugs to know if the length is critical for proper tightening, etc. Any thoughts?
From what I can see , between your photo and Mingy's photo ,
it appears the *1.27" length* would be perfect !!!

That way they would be INSET into the Wheel , like Mingy's ,
instead of sticking out further than the wheel !!!

My opinion is solely based on LOOKS !!! I prefer the INSET look !!!

As far as SAFETY goes , someone else would have to chime-in !!!

But if Mingy's can be INSET , I don't know why yours couldn't be as well !!!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I've got tire rack rims with my wife's FP that have Blizzaks on them. They have the same lug nuts...
Mine look like heck too, but I dump them in a sealed bag of motor oil every year after taking them off. Structurally they are sound, and when its 15 deg outside no one is out studying my nuts ! (Lugnuts that is....!)

I might get new ones some day but as long as these work we're not putting any more money in the winter setup....Don't ever lose that drive key though !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts