Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that the oxygen sensors for the Fpace are on backorder, and it could take 6 months before getting them. They told me they ordered all 6 sensors because of the engine light that came on a few days ago. They gave me the car back and said it won't do any damage, and to just keep driving it until they get the sensors so they can replace them. I am in California. Anyone else had such long wait times or backorder for o2 sensors?
2018 f pace 35t 35k miles

·
Registered
105 Posts
Interesting- I’m on East Coast. Had one go out this weekend. Dealer has car and said it will be ready tomorrow. I’ll let you know if I get it back with a new sensor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting- I’m on East Coast. Had one go out this weekend. Dealer has car and said it will be ready tomorrow. I’ll let you know if I get it back with a new sensor.
Yes let me know. Waiting 6 months for a parts doesn't make much sense. Let me know and i could reach out to a different dealer to have it fixed maybe.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yes let me know. Waiting 6 months for a parts doesn't make much sense. Let me know and i could reach out to a different dealer to have it fixed maybe.

Can't hurt to call around.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Reporting Back. It was O2 sensor. Took them a day to get the part. Asked Tech if he heard of a supply issue with the O2 sensors and he said he did at the beginning of COVID but not now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your replies. I will get back to the dealer and tell them this, and i will also reach out to the next closest dealer which is about 2 hours away. Let's see what happens.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I'm in California as well and am in need of oxygen sensors for P0170 code that has repeated on my F-PACE my SA ordered them last week and was also told they are back ordered but not 6 months out. He has been reassuring me for months that driving with the code & needing oxygen sensors will cause no harm

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in California as well and am in need of oxygen sensors for P0170 code that has repeated on my F-PACE my SA ordered them last week and was also told they are back ordered but not 6 months out. He has been reassuring me for months that driving with the code & needing oxygen sensors will cause no harm
I just reached our again today and they told me its going to be a while before they get them. For how long have you been waiting on them and what timeframe did they give you? I hope it causes no harm, car drives perfectly so im not worried, but i just want to take care of it a soon as possible, especially since i got the car less than a month ago.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I just reached our again today and they told me its going to be a while before they get them. For how long have you been waiting on them and what timeframe did they give you? I hope it causes no harm, car drives perfectly so im not worried, but i just want to take care of it a soon as possible, especially since i got the car less than a month ago.
the first instance was on July 6th I took it to dealer immediately and they cleared code and told me to let them know if it came back again. It came back on again Sept. 10th and has been on since.
You should know due to crash related PTSD in my first F-PACE I don't drive this one much so it probably would have come on sooner. My SA was waiting to order all the parts my vehicle needs until closer to my annual service appt (mid November- mid December) so he ordered the parts last week and said he will update me when he hears anything.
When it comes to the check engine light on the F-PACE a solid light is ok but if it starts flashing contact your service department immediately.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Attached is my work order - maybe you folks have a different part that is back ordered? My sensor came in less than 24 hrs .
FF0A8AA3-4A2B-4AD2-A211-25992FF1E58A.jpeg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts