Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 3.5 years into my FPace experience and six months from being out of warranty. I like it still...I don't see THAT many on the road, looks good, drives good, and it hasn't given me any problems. I'm seriously considering going long-term with this cat. It's a BRG 2017 with the 340hp six. It'll need near term tires and brakes if I keep it. Or time to sell but there's no replacement that gets me excited. Anyone with experience putting a bunch of miles on these? Thoughts/opinions? Thanks.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Really depends on your risk tolerance, and whether you're willing to sink some money into it when repairs come due. You could get lucky and need nothing, but I certainly wouldn't plan on that.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm 3.5 years into my FPace experience and six months from being out of warranty. I like it still...I don't see THAT many on the road, looks good, drives good, and it hasn't given me any problems. I'm seriously considering going long-term with this cat. It's a BRG 2017 with the 340hp six. It'll need near term tires and brakes if I keep it. Or time to sell but there's no replacement that gets me excited. Anyone with experience putting a bunch of miles on these? Thoughts/opinions? Thanks.
My 2017 "S" now has 85k miles and runs like a top. It is just now needing brakes and rotors. Will also have my mechanic perform the necessary routine maintenance, including new plugs, oil change, and cabin filter. I just added aftermarket Apple CarPlay, lighted door sills, and working on a wireless charging pad for my iPhone. the maintenance will cost about $1200 and is the ONLY money I've had to spend on the vehicle since buying it. The aftermarket items totaled another grand, but are well worth it to me. Pennsylvania is an annual auto inspection state and my mechanic says there is no reason to believe the Jag cannot go another 85k miles with proper maintenance. Good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 2017 "S" now has 85k miles and runs like a top. It is just now needing brakes and rotors. Will also have my mechanic perform the necessary routine maintenance, including new plugs, oil change, and cabin filter. I just added aftermarket Apple CarPlay, lighted door sills, and working on a wireless charging pad for my iPhone. the maintenance will cost about $1200 and is the ONLY money I've had to spend on the vehicle since buying it. The aftermarket items totaled another grand, but are well worth it to me. Pennsylvania is an annual auto inspection state and my mechanic says there is no reason to believe the Jag cannot go another 85k miles with proper maintenance. Good luck with your decision!
Great intel. Thank you. I stopped into a european auto service shop nearby and they said they've seen some turbos fail on higher mileage fours but no issues with the sixes. The ZF trans is a benchmark. Obviously there are plenty of little things to go wrong. What's the story on the CarPlay? I have the smaller infotainment - is there a good solution out there (android auto for me)? Also thinking about upgrading my headlights to the LEDs. Lots of OEM sets of ebay for $400-$500..trying to determine if they're plug and play. I figure I'll freshen it up a bit if I commit long term. Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
255 Posts
There's a fair amount of uncertainty and worry on what repair costs could be, but about anything would be considerably lower than the certain depreciation of a replacement (not to mention additional insurance & taxes). I'm still happily cruising in my F-Type that's been out of warranty for a while. Vert different car, but same engine as our F-Pace. Meanwhile, you don't say where you're located, but in the US, you'd have another 18 months.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Great intel. Thank you. I stopped into a european auto service shop nearby and they said they've seen some turbos fail on higher mileage fours but no issues with the sixes. The ZF trans is a benchmark. Obviously there are plenty of little things to go wrong. What's the story on the CarPlay? I have the smaller infotainment - is there a good solution out there (android auto for me)? Also thinking about upgrading my headlights to the LEDs. Lots of OEM sets of ebay for $400-$500..trying to determine if they're plug and play. I figure I'll freshen it up a bit if I commit long term. Good luck with yours!
View attachment 72283
Aftermarket options for Apple Carplay/Android Auto
I also have the ICT (non-pro) infotainment system. Unique Audio Developments (Home - Unique Auto Developments) makes the CarPlay unit I installed (see the above link to another thread). Jaggy posted very thorough install instructions, pretty much plug-and-play. It works just like an OEM unit. They provide excellent customer service as well. Good luck with your headlight choice!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in the US
There's a fair amount of uncertainty and worry on what repair costs could be, but about anything would be considerably lower than the certain depreciation of a replacement (not to mention additional insurance & taxes). I'm still happily cruising in my F-Type that's been out of warranty for a while. Vert different car, but same engine as our F-Pace. Meanwhile, you don't say where you're located, but in the US, you'd have another 18 months.
I'm in the US. I drive this car daily and will be at 60,000 mile Q3 this year. I agree about the cost of a new car. Also how much the price of these cars have gone up (not that I would buy another new Fpace). When I ordered mine the turbo four was not an option. Now a supercharged six starts at about $60k and the BRG paint option is $4,500. I found a set of 20" blade (Type S) wheels shortly after I purchase the car and put snow tires on the factory 19" wheels. I like my set up and I'm leaning toward keeping it long term.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts