Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered an R-Sport (20 inch wheels) but did not include Adaptive Dynamics (didn't really know what it was at the time and was trying to cut some options to keep the price down). After reading reviews and discussion on this board, I decided to add AD to my order, but unfortunately I was too late. The build date moved up, and so too did the deadline to make changes to my order.

For those of you without the AD option, what do you think of how the F-Pace drives? What about the comfort and luxuriousness of the ride? My plan was to purchase and keep the R-Sport for awhile. But now I'm wavering, and thinking about leasing the R-Sport, and then purchasing a new ride in 3 years with AD included. I'm being nit picky, but this will be my first luxury car, so I'm just wondering what current owners' experiences have been without that option. Thanks....

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have an RS and passed on the AD option to save some money. While I'm very satisfied with the sporty ride (even with 22" wheels), I do regret not spending the extra $1K for the ability to fine tune the suspension and performance handling. It seems like the default setting is permanently between comfort and sport which ends up feeling neither luxurious nor very dynamic so I lose out either way. This could be all in my head, but had I just opted for the package I could spend my time worrying about more trivial things like folding mirrors, the gas nozzle not staying on, and how early I should be changing my oil. If you're already asking the question now, then it will always bother you in the future and the extra grand will be worth the peace of mind knowing that you have full control of the driving characteristics.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I personally don't have a problem with the way the FP (prestige trim, no AD) drives. In fact, it's actually the most comfortable car I've owned...and imo it might actually be more comfortable over bumps vs. my 2017 X5. In terms of sportiness, it handles its weight REALLY well and I don't get much body roll at all. I've tackled sharp corners at decent speed on the "normal" driving setting and haven't felt myself yearning for AD. It definitely handles very well and this is coming from a guy who has daily driven and tracked an Infiniti G37s for many years.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Have to agree with exhibitionofspd. Very happy with the ride and handing (20" Goodyears set on light load). No regrets on not getting AD.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
286 Posts
Have to agree with exhibitionofspd. Very happy with the ride and handing (20" Goodyears set on light load). No regrets on not getting AD.
Probably the light load setting makes all the difference.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i love it especially on dynamic and sport mode...makes the car completely different

·
Registered
69 Posts
I love how mine handles but wish I'd gotten the ADM because those who have done back to back comparisons say it makes a significant difference. Even without ADM F-Pace is probably the best handling vehicle I've ever had, but you can't have too much of a good thing!

My F-Pace corners beautifully; high speed corners are really fun! However, there are a couple of spots on my commute where the pavement dips at high speed and I definitely feel the car bounce and lose traction for a moment; I wonder how it would handle differently with ADM.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'll chime in, but you might not like what I have to say. I have an RSport with 20 inchers, and my cat drives and handles well. Absolutely no problems with acceleration (and I have a diesel), though ditto the "bounciness" on pot holed pavement, but that is also a speed issue (as in why did you not slow down for rough roads.) I cannot emphasize enough that tire inflation is critical to ride in this vehicle. I did not buy the dynamic upgrade (though I bought other ones) as I felt that was not what I was purchasing the FPace for anyway. The FPace is an SUV, not a sports car, OK, maybe an SUV with sports cars in its lineage. It will not drive like a true sports car, or ride like a real luxury car. It is what it is--a smooth riding, smooth driving SUV. If you want it for anything else you will most likely be disappointed. So if fastest acceleration and LeMans type driving are your thing, even the dynamic option might not be enough to give you the thrill and feel of control over a sports beast. Only you can determine how important that extra aspect of control is to your driving style and comfort; I love my FPace just the way it is, but recognize that it may not be the best car for everyone.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I don't see it mentioned yet, so I'd also point out that the Adaptive Dynamics pack includes the Adaptive Surface Response, which might be well worth having if you frequently drive in inclement weather.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to everyone who has responded. I really appreciate it. This forum is very helpful. I can't wait for my FP to be delivered in a couple months....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts