Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
OTA popped up on screen today to download 19B. Third time this has started downloading, hopefully this one finishes.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
OTA popped up on screen today to download 19B. Third time this has started downloading, hopefully this one finishes.
The fourth time was the charm. It finally completed over a longer drive, finally on 19B.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
If you were out driving it would be interesting to see how much cellular data it consumed....

·
Registered
994 Posts
There's some chatter on the overseas forums that the 19C SOTA update is currently on hold due to some problems.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
If you were out driving it would be interesting to see how much cellular data it consumed....
The update notice said 193MB update to go from 18C to 19B and I verified that the first time it downloaded with the cellular data log. However it took 4 times to get it to stick. Fortunately it wasn't all in the same month.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got the pop up this morning for the first time. From 18D to 19B. 127Mb.
Didn't finish the installation by the time I arrived at destination. Hopefully it will continue updating afterwards

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Go the pop up for 19C today and all installed ok. So far things look good in the 12 to 15 miles I've driven after the update completed.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Go the pop up for 19C today and all installed ok. So far things look good in the 12 to 15 miles I've driven after the update completed.
I've gotten a few notices of OTA updates being available, and always said not now as I couldn't afford a system crash at those times.

I just went to do the update, as I'm still on S19A_19.07.2, and it says no updates available and software is current. We know that's not right.

To make it update, do I need to be connected to wifi (or not), or have engine running? Something else?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I’m trying to figure out if there is any rhyme or reason to how these updates get sent out. I have a 2018 and I’m at 19B and when I check for updates it says up to date.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I think for each SOTA update, they do a slow rollout initially and if no problems appear, they open the floodgates to the masses.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Hoopics and BobatStews,

I agree with Skyking, I think they do a slow roll through VINs in some sequence which non of us have a vision into. With that said, that explains BobatStews issue, but I'm still puzzled by yours Hoopics. I would think since you are on 19a, that you would at least get the move to 19C, but maybe since 19B is no longer the release being pushed, your update to that isn't available and you are waiting in line for the slow roll of 19C just like another other 19b user even though you are on 19A.

it's only a guess, but it's the only thing that kind of makes sense to me as long as you have received at least one OTA release. If you've never gotten an OTA update, you might want to call you dealership and make sure they gave your car the ok to get one.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I wouldn’t get to worried about getting the latest update. First off, it’s pretty minor.
S19C_19.46.4-458817 first appeared in topix December 4th in the UK, with widespread deployment about a week later.
I’ve only heard a couple of members here getting it, mostly SVR’s And 2019 vehicles. All in good time. Remember, it’s a really nothing update, nothing exciting.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Also true, I really haven't seen any difference from 19a to 19c for the most part. Apple CarPlay is a little less glitchy, but I think most of the challenges there are with the software on the phone. For instance I use Google Maps for Navi all the same in Satellite view mode. With the last push of the Google Maps app, some new things appeared that are pretty nice like Radar Trap notifications from WAZE, but it's also crashing 1 or 2 times a week. When it crashes the app goes away, goes back to the Apple CarPlay home screen and I simply relaunch it. But that is an Apple CarPlay or Google issue, not Jag.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I’ve really come to love the built in Nav’s three different turn displays when you have a route selected (the HUD, the left hand dial in the instrument display, and the right side display on the nav screen). I have the voice commands for route guidance turned off, but with that kind of redundancy, if you miss a turn, you’ve really messed up.
It’s too bad we can’t get those displays with CarPlay.
And of course I have Waze on for audio alerts only. Comes through the audio system. Gotta know where the hazards are?‍♂!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I’ve really come to love the built in Nav’s three different turn displays when you have a route selected (the HUD, the left hand dial in the instrument display, and the right side display on the nav screen). I have the voice commands for route guidance turned off, but with that kind of redundancy, if you miss a turn, you’ve really messed up.
It’s too bad we can’t get those displays with CarPlay.
And of course I have Waze on for audio alerts only. Comes through the audio system. Gotta know where the hazards are?‍♂!!
HMMM???

How are you running Waze and the factory Nav at the same time?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Open Waze on iPhone. Select “alerts only” on sound preferences. If your iPhone is connected via Bluetooth, you will receive aural alerts along your route with or without a route selected. Will play alerts over car’s audio. You can use the F-Pace nav system at the same time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Open Waze on iPhone. Select “alerts only” on sound preferences. If your iPhone is connected via Bluetooth, you will receive aural alerts along your route with or without a route selected. Will play alerts over car’s audio. You can use the F-Pace nav system at the same time.
I have an android.

Is setting "alerts only" the same?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Sorry. Not familiar with Waze on android. I only know how it works with the iPhone.

81 - 100 of 103 Posts