Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this was on my infotainment screen this morning. Has anyone tried this yet? I didn’t press a response and the message went away.
5BA0DD78-4680-45A1-831F-8760DFBFD200.jpeg

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Other than @PA-FPace-F I'm not aware of any other owner in the US getting an OTA update. What year is your vehicle and what ICTP version are you currently on?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
That is the exact update I got a little while back. I went through the update and it applied. My car has been fine since. I think if I remember right, that is the same software version that was applied to my SVR.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Just checked mine. No update yet for me.
Looked on my Topix account and it still says:

Software Over the AIR (SOTA) - Currently experiencing issues not available to end users

·
Registered
547 Posts
Can confirm, this # is identical to the version now in our F Pace, updated by the dealer on 6/26. No issues, but we did not have any with 18D either.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm just wondering if what Fetzervalve saw on his ICTP was just a glitch when the system was booting up? I know I occasionally get the "massage" screen coming up on my ICTP even though I don't have a massage option. My system also quite often boots up and stays locked on the "Deezer" screen when I start the vehicle...just another glitch when booting. I don't use Deezer nor do I have it checked off as an Online Media choice. I do use TuneIn for podcasts and online radio stations. I'm at 18D with my software. Even after all this time this ICTP system is not quite ready for prime time. When it works, it's great but it seems too fragile for failure. I have a MY18 35t Prestige.

·
Registered
899 Posts
In my Topix account, they have deleted the message on the system status page that reads:
Software Over the AIR (SOTA) - Currently experiencing issues not available to end users
and it is once again showing an outstanding campaign.:
H232-Software Over the Air (SOTA) Incontrol Touch Pro Software Update
I take this to mean they are closer to rolling out the OTA updates.
Or not.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I'm just wondering if what Fetzervalve saw on his ICTP was just a glitch when the system was booting up? I know I occasionally get the "massage" screen coming up on my ICTP even though I don't have a massage option. My system also quite often boots up and stays locked on the "Deezer" screen when I start the vehicle...just another glitch when booting. I don't use Deezer nor do I have it checked off as an Online Media choice. I do use TuneIn for podcasts and online radio stations. I'm at 18D with my software. Even after all this time this ICTP system is not quite ready for prime time. When it works, it's great but it seems too fragile for failure. I have a MY18 35t Prestige.

It wasn't a glitch. I actually got the software update OTA back in early August. My install went perfectly fine, then Skyking saw the topix post. I guess some others failed. Mine is still running great, but I am going in for my first oil change (Yes I plan to do them every 8k miles just like I did on the FE - I'll pay for every other one), and my plan is to have them check out all the software at that time and make sure everything is ok. I also have three other things for them to take care of; slightly noisy sunroof while open, rattling exhaust on cold startup and my driver seat wear.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just got that pop up this morning. It’s updating now I guess. Have been able to use it with no interruptions
If anyone that gets this pop up can include with their post where they are located, what year vehicle and what version of software you ICTP is at when you got the notice... it would be helpful in trying to figure out any rhyme or reason on how JLR is sending out these updates.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I received the following in an email from Jaguar this morning... I don't think that this is new news other than the fact that I did not have to call my S.A. to request that they update Topix to enable the OTA update. Appears that Jaguar is starting to actually roll this out...

"We’re excited to announce that a new software update will be available for your Jaguar vehicle starting October 21, 2019. This key update allows you to enjoy higher levels of connectivity, entertainment and convenience with the Smartphone Pack*. The update also includes improvements to essential features of your InControl Touch Pro system.

Installation is fast, simple and won't affect the use of your vehicle.

What’s included with this update?

The Smartphone Pack allows you to stay connected to your smartphone from the convenience of your vehicle. With Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™, you can use selected apps through your vehicle’s touchscreen, including voice functions such as Siri and OK Google.

You’ll receive a pop-up on your touchscreen when the update becomes available for installation. Alternatively, the update can be accessed at a time that suits you by going to 'Settings' > 'All Settings' > 'Software update' and pressing 'Check for update'. "

·
Registered
145 Posts
Are we expecting 19C? Given that the third quarter ended 9/30.

19B just came out a few weeks ago so I don't know how close they are following a calendar as far as quarters go. This morning I got an update notification that S19B_19.40.4-436082 was available. I clicked install. It downloaded and installed with no problems. 7MB file size.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I received the following in an email from Jaguar this morning... I don't think that this is new news other than the fact that I did not have to call my S.A. to request that they update Topix to enable the OTA update. Appears that Jaguar is starting to actually roll this out...

"We’re excited to announce that a new software update will be available for your Jaguar vehicle starting October 21, 2019. This key update allows you to enjoy higher levels of connectivity, entertainment and convenience with the Smartphone Pack*. The update also includes improvements to essential features of your InControl Touch Pro system.

The Smartphone Pack allows you to stay connected to your smartphone from the convenience of your vehicle. With Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™, you can use selected apps through your vehicle’s touchscreen, including voice functions such as Siri and OK Google.

You’ll receive a pop-up on your touchscreen when the update becomes available for installation. Alternatively, the update can be accessed at a time that suits you by going to 'Settings' > 'All Settings' > 'Software update' and pressing 'Check for update'. "
So the update came through yesterday. I was on S19A_19.24.2_375121. Now on S19B_19.40.4_436082

·
Registered
145 Posts
So the update came through yesterday. I was on S19A_19.24.2_375121. Now on S19B_19.40.4_436082
On 9/16/2019 I had S19A_19.24.2-375121
On 10/1/2019 it went to S19B_19.35.5-418001
On 10/22/2019 it went to S19B_19.40.4-436082

These were the 3 SOTA updates I received. The first 2 the dealer authorized the SOTA updates. Todays update was automatic.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts

I'm on 18B now... who qualifies for this up date? I haven't seen it or any such email..... Will we all get it eventually?

·
Registered
899 Posts
I'm on 18B now... who qualifies for this up date? I haven't seen it or any such email..... Will we all get it eventually?
If you have 18B,18C or 19A, have the dealer install 19B.
This can be done at the dealer or he can push it to you OTA by enabling your VIN in Topix. Once 19B is installed, all updates will be sent without intervention and you will receive a pop up message.

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you have 18B,18C or 19A, have the dealer install 19B.
This can be done at the dealer or he can push it to you OTA by enabling your VIN in Topix. Once 19B is installed, all updates will be sent without intervention and you will receive a pop up message.

Skyking...any idea what this last update "fixed"? S19B_19.40.4-436082 This was my 3rd OTA update and it seems to be working well. One issue that appears to be fixed for me...I have the data plan and listen to many online radio stations via TuneIn. What used to happen once in awhile would be when the system was booting up, it would get stuck trying to load Deezer. I did not have Deezer checked off so it shouldn't try to load it or else it should just ignore it but it would get locked up with Deezer on the screen and just stay locked up. Couldn't get out of it for at least a minute or two then I was able to back out of it by choosing providers and start over. Haven't had the Deezer lock up since getting 19B. (knocking on wood)

·
Registered
53 Posts
A month ago I was in the dealer for my second annual service and one of the items they performed was "H232 ICTP Software Update SOTA". Has that been done on your vehicle? I can't speak to what they actually did but suspect that may be a prerequisite to getting the updates pushed to you.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I'll have to check my car when I get back. I'm traveling and it's sitting in my garage at home. I believe I'm on the 19B_19.35 version still. I'll be home Friday and will check. I'll post it here if I get an update.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts