Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
New to the forum, have lots of questions. I'm planning on placing factory order for the S by the end of this week. I've gotten verbal confirmation that the dealer is willing to match my price request. At what point have you established price one you place the order? Are you negotiating prior to giving the deposit or once the car is delivered? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Get all the financial terms in writing. Also, be sure to address refundability of the deposit in writing before giving them one cent. If they aren't willing to do that, find another dealer or another car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Definitely planning on getting everything in writing and reviewing with a fine-toothed comb. So far it looks promising. Planning to move forward with the S, factory order, which will probably end up being a 2018 (according to 2 other dealers I contacted). The dealer I'm going with has agreed to honor $2500 off MSRP (which I was really surprised about), and I'm going in today to discuss further. Not committing to anything until I see the numbers. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
575 Posts
That's great news on them honoring the $2500 off MSRP for an ordered vehicle.

I was thinking of going this route for a 2018 but the wait would be too long for me. Did the dealer mention that the 2018s may not arrive here in the States until Sept, possibly late August at the earliest? They are just ramping down production on the 2017s and are supposed to fire up the 2018 production line in April, at least that's what the dealer I'm working with had mentioned.

·
Registered
258 Posts

I was thinking of going this route for a 2018 but the wait would be too long for me. Did the dealer mention that the 2018s may not arrive here in the States until Sept, possibly late August at the earliest? They are just ramping down production on the 2017s and are supposed to fire up the 2018 production line in April, at least that's what the dealer I'm working with had mentioned.
I think the dealer you are working with may be pulling your leg a little bit. My dealer ordered several 2018 models on Monday and expects them here the end of May beginning of June.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Has anyone's dealership ordered a 20d to arrive in June or earlier? The build date I got today was May, with a July arrival estimate. I'm wondering if they are pushing out the 25t and 35t only for the April builds.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Has anyone's dealership ordered a 20d to arrive in June or earlier? The build date I got today was May, with a July arrival estimate. I'm wondering if they are pushing out the 25t and 35t only for the April builds.
I have a 20d ordered with an April build date and June 2 delivery date. My order was put in the Vista system last week, so maybe it's a bit of a first come/first served process?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I have a 20d ordered with an April build date and June 2 delivery date. My order was put in the Vista system last week, so maybe it's a bit of a first come/first served process?
Could be......I'm pretty sure this order was entered today (instead of in December for the MY17 as I was previously told by scummy dealer). I had forgotten you were getting the diesel.....was thinking you had ordered the 35t, and was too lazy too read back to your OP on it. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live in San Francisco. Dealt with San Francisco Jaguar Dealer. Livermore, CA dealer was also willing to come down $2500 but the SF dealer is much closer for me. Put in the deposit today, and also got the discount in writing. So far so good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I am being told that at this point there is no certainty on whether I'll get 2017 or 2018. But delivery is looking to be late May, early June.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I don't think the dealer was pulling my leg. We looked at what was coming in and still being built (as 2017s). He showed me which ones I could still modify and what the drop dead date was to do that. All for the 2017 models. From what I've read elsewhere, they are anticipating 2018s to arrive in the US by 3rd quarter of this year. I would be sure you're getting a 2018 if that's your expectation.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I don't think the dealer was pulling my leg. We looked at what was coming in and still being built (as 2017s). He showed me which ones I could still modify and what the drop dead date was to do that. All for the 2017 models. From what I've read elsewhere, they are anticipating 2018s to arrive in the US by 3rd quarter of this year. I would be sure you're getting a 2018 if that's your expectation.
when I was looking to order*I was told that anything that came in between now and June would be a 2017, if I wanted to order a 2018 the order would go in sometime in*March and delivery would be*at the end of July.

I didn't want to wait so*I*went a different route.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I didn't want to wait so*I*went a different route.
Oh' Yes , this has happened to MANY of us ! ;)

They say "Patience is a Virtue" , but I think hurrying up and buying an F-Pace and being able to Drive it , is one too !!! >:)

·
Registered
575 Posts
F-Pace-ience is not a virtue. I'm having a hard time not making a stupid (ie: ill timed) decision on a daily basis...

·
Registered
258 Posts
F-Pace-ience is not a virtue. I'm having a hard time not making a stupid (ie: ill timed) decision on a daily basis...
I think the patience is about to get even harder as a dealer in the my area is now listing 17's online with 7% off of MSRP. Maybe the incentives will start showing up nationwide instead of just a few areas.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I think the patience is about to get even harder as a dealer in the my area is now listing 17's online with 7% off of MSRP. Maybe the incentives will start showing up nationwide instead of just a few areas.
*7% OFF* ??? *OUCH* !!! That makes my $1000 Off seem like tiddley winks !!! :(
Oh' well , I guess the *7000-Fun Filled Miles* already racked up on ours , is costing me almost a dollar a mile !!! ;) It's been a *BLAST* !!! >:)

Reactions: StormGrey

·
Registered
517 Posts
It seems that the time lines for 2018 availability (or 2017 unavailability) that dealerships are putting out there are pretty varied. My Vista has multiple references to confirm I'm getting an '18 - "MY2018 R-Sport, MY2018 parts, covered cup holder, etc." (again with an estimated delivery date of June 2nd.) I don't know if the dealer's ability to move units impacts when they switch over, but I'm dealing with a small market, low volume dealer. I realize the delivery date could slip, but looks like I'm well ahead of a late July/August date. And I sure want to believe that's true!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I feel that I got lucky with mine. I used the interwebs to find the Trim and all of the packages I wanted at a great price because it had 4k mi on it. I actually bought it without even looking at it and it turned out to be showroom new! No way I was going to wait 6mo!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
*7% OFF* ??? *OUCH* !!! That makes my $1000 Off seem like tiddley winks !!! :(
Oh' well , I guess the *7000-Fun Filled Miles* already racked up on ours , is costing me almost a dollar a mile !!! ;) It's been a *BLAST* !!! >:)
My fault...More like a 6.8% discount off of MSRP.

Attachments

Reactions: Dakar09
1 - 20 of 30 Posts