20" black 5-Spoke wheels
Ebony Grained Leather
Meshed Aluminum trim
White headliner
Technology Package
Black package
Tow hitch receiver
Activity Key
Dealer threw in 3M Clear Mask for free (is this a good idea? Is it noticeable? Thoughts?)
Front window tint

Now the wait begins. Build date May 12. Expected delivery July 14.
How do you track the shipment? My dealer said the tracking was unreliable.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Clear bra is a great idea. Can you see it? Sometimes depends on the car color, the way the light reflects off the car finish and how clean the car is. Ask them what they are covering. I have it on two of my cars and it is a great investment against stone chips etc.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
2018 F-Pace S
Fuji White
20" black 5-Spoke wheels
Ebony Grained Leather
Meshed Aluminum trim
White headliner
Technology Package
Black package
Tow hitch receiver
Activity Key
Dealer threw in 3M Clear Mask for free (is this a good idea? Is it noticeable? Thoughts?)
Front window tint

Great build.... Almost exactly like mine, We like the white on black look and it doesn't hurt that it is the zero cost paint on top of it !:D

·
Registered
517 Posts
2018 F-Pace S
Fuji White
20" black 5-Spoke wheels
Ebony Grained Leather
Meshed Aluminum trim
White headliner
Technology Package
Black package
Tow hitch receiver
Activity Key
Front window tint

Congrats, and welcome to the owners in waiting club!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Congrats, and welcome to the owners in waiting club!
+1! Also I am envious that your build and delivery dates are ahead of mine ;) I feel like they have pushed the S and R-Sports to the front of the line and is "lowly" Prestiges are left waiting at the end. *sigh* nothing to be done but continue waiting.

·
Registered
138 Posts
2018 F-Pace S

Search for this thread: Track Shipping Across the Atlantic

The first post has instructions. You won't be able to do any sort of tracking until you have a VIN.

Welcome to the waiting room. :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Am I going to regret not getting roof rails? I didn't really like the black look on them. I checked out Yakima and Thule and they don't seem to have a roof rack that would fit anyway. Do you have to go with the Jag racks? I have a hitch rack for my bikes but might eventually want to throw some skis on top.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Am I going to regret not getting roof rails? I didn't really like the black look on them. I checked out Yakima and Thule and they don't seem to have a roof rack that would fit anyway. Do you have to go with the Jag racks? I have a hitch rack for my bikes but might eventually want to throw some skis on top.
Silver rails are an option for MY18....maybe you'll like those better if you have an order pending and is still amendable. Several people have Thule boxes for theirs so they may just not list them on their site yet.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Also, there have been some indications that roof rails can now be installed by the dealer, search some of the other threads. No idea if this would cost more.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Clear bra is a great idea. Can you see it? Sometimes depends on the car color, the way the light reflects off the car finish and how clean the car is. Ask them what they are covering. I have it on two of my cars and it is a great investment against stone chips etc.
This may be a dumb question, but is it easy to remove the clear bra? My dealer said it will go about half way up the hood. If that little line in the middle of the hood bothers me enough can I just peel it off? It will still cover the front of the car, which is where it seems that it will be more useful.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
This may be a dumb question, but is it easy to remove the clear bra? My dealer said it will go about half way up the hood. If that little line in the middle of the hood bothers me enough can I just peel it off? It will still cover the front of the car, which is where it seems that it will be more useful.
Yes it can be peeled off but you will need a heat gun to do it. The bra only need to go up about 12 or so inches as the hood has no forward facing area at that point. The front facing portion of the mirrors should be done along with all the body trim on the front end excluding the grill.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My order is IN as well finally

So my order in the system and good to go!!!!!

1-Order Date 3/09/17 ( they were able to amend a vehicle that was already on the way to the dealership to make sure it was here in time)
2- Yes, accepted by Jaguar
Last Spec Change- 04/01/17
Build Date- 4/28/17
Planned Delivery Date- 6/23/17

Caesium Blue
Light Oyster and Ebony Grained leather
Veneer Gloss Black trim finisher
Wheels 20" 5 spoke 'Style 5035'
Headlamps Adaptive LED headlights with signature daytime running lights
Comfort and Convenience Package
Luxury Interior Package
Driver Assistance Package
Technology Package
Black Package
Head-up Display
Activity Key

I think im going to regret not getting the 22" wheels but everything else is good to go :)

CANT WAIT

Reactions: Gorgon and MTGRL

·
Registered
245 Posts
So my order in the system and good to go!!!!!

1-Order Date 3/09/17 ( they were able to amend a vehicle that was already on the way to the dealership to make sure it was here in time)
2- Yes, accepted by Jaguar
Last Spec Change- 04/01/17
Build Date- 4/28/17
Planned Delivery Date- 6/23/17

Caesium Blue
Light Oyster and Ebony Grained leather
Veneer Gloss Black trim finisher
Wheels 20" 5 spoke 'Style 5035'
Headlamps Adaptive LED headlights with signature daytime running lights
Comfort and Convenience Package
Luxury Interior Package
Driver Assistance Package
Technology Package
Black Package
Head-up Display
Activity Key

I think im going to regret not getting the 22" wheels but everything else is good to go :)

CANT WAIT
Lots of people like the look but the 20s actually beat the 22s in more metrics than they lost in C/D testing of both making them the real world better performers despite not having summer rubber equivalent to the 22s. A surprise to no one since physics works as the saying goes. Factor in lower buy in costs, better economy, better ride compliance, reduced possibility of being damaged from road hazards, and you might not want the 22's after all. Unless of course you love that look enough to ignore the objective benefits of not going to larger wheels, lots here do so you wont be alone should you decide to change your order.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like you're getting yours much earlier than mine. I'm jealous. I don't regret getting the 20" wheels at all - performance trumps the small aesthetic difference. After seeing pictures I don't regret not getting roof rails either - I really don't like the clunky look contrasted with the white car.

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had the clear mask done on several cars. It's a good idea. Consider masking the outside edge of doors, the "pocket" inside the outside door handle and the front of the outside mirrors.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Which dealer did you order from? In Northern California they arre telling me I can't place an order.
Jaguar Orlando, Florida. I been toying around with them for a while and finally!!!

Reactions: Turk

·
Registered
207 Posts
Lots of people like the look but the 20s actually beat the 22s in more metrics than they lost in C/D testing of both making them the real world better performers despite not having summer rubber equivalent to the 22s. A surprise to no one since physics works as the saying goes. Factor in lower buy in costs, better economy, better ride compliance, reduced possibility of being damaged from road hazards, and you might not want the 22's after all. Unless of course you love that look enough to ignore the objective benefits of not going to larger wheels, lots here do so you wont be alone should you decide to change your order.

I hope you are right! I do like the look more than anything else with the 22" Plus, I have yet to see a blue "s" with 20" wheels so its going to be a surprises!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts