Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace 20d
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently purchased an 2017 F-Pace 20d (CPO) in Toronto from an authorized Jaguar deler. When I went though the documents, I found that the service history booklet was missing. So I did some research online and found that Jaguar stopped doing the paper booklet and gone online, please see Online Service History | Caring For Your Car | Owners | Jaguar

So when I went to the above link and clicked on "Register" and searched for my VIN and then clicked on "Servicing History" tab, it says "Vehicle not eligible for Online Service History."

Has this happened to anyone here? I bought the car with extended warranty up to 2026 so I want to ensure everything is official and do not want Jaguar to make any excuses not to repair something that could happen in the future.

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
1,856 Posts
If you bought a CPO from a JLR dealer then history makes no difference as they are warrantying the vehicle from the time you purchased it and the past has no relevance.

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace 20d
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you bought a CPO from a JLR dealer then history makes no difference as they are warrantying the vehicle from the time you purchased it and the past has no relevance.
Thank you, how do I then record the service histories in the future? According Jaguar's warranty, it clearly states that each service must be carried out on time by registered technicians and authentic Jaguar parts must be used otherwise the warranty will be void.
Do you always take your car to the JLR dealership for each service? I was told that we don't need to but the service must carried out as per Service Schedule outlined in the vehicle's manual.

·
Super Moderator
1,856 Posts
I don't buy extended warranties. I don't keep cars long enough to go beyond the warranty. Who is "authorized" other than a Jaguar dealer? The answer is no one. You bought a warranty that is so restrictive that you may not have a choice on where you have your vehicle serviced.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,363 Posts
Hi all,

I recently purchased an 2017 F-Pace 20d (CPO) in Toronto from an authorized Jaguar deler. When I went though the documents, I found that the service history booklet was missing. So I did some research online and found that Jaguar stopped doing the paper booklet and gone online, please see Online Service History | Caring For Your Car | Owners | Jaguar

So when I went to the above link and clicked on "Register" and searched for my VIN and then clicked on "Servicing History" tab, it says "Vehicle not eligible for Online Service History."

Has this happened to anyone here? I bought the car with extended warranty up to 2026 so I want to ensure everything is official and do not want Jaguar to make any excuses not to repair something that could happen in the future.

Thank you.
That service is not for the North Americas market. That works primarily overseas

DP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts