Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at a high end Pilot until I heard about the F-Pace, and now the Pilot is a distant memory. However, one of the complaints about the Pilot is the horn sounds like a cartoon sound effect. Anyone know if the F-Pace has a good, loud, dignified horn?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Trolling level : master

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
You know, trolling or not, sounds are important. Maybe not so much as the horn, but on my older Cayenne, the constant alerts (seat belt, service, turn signal lamp out, etc.) are really annoying, like a high-pitched elevator floor alert. It drives me crazy, and now, with a rear hatch sensor bad, I get a BING and alert that the hatch is open, even though it is not. The XKR, on the other hand, has a nice, descending two-tone alert. I saw a recent documentary on BMW, and how they hire sound engineers to get the warnings and alerts to such a pleasing sound, I can speculate that the horn sound is part of that engineering. I do hope Jaguar has done the same, and made alerts and the horn grab the attention without being annoying.

·
Registered
221 Posts
You know, trolling or not, sounds are important. Maybe not so much as the horn, but on my older Cayenne, the constant alerts (seat belt, service, turn signal lamp out, etc.) are really annoying, like a high-pitched elevator floor alert. It drives me crazy, and now, with a rear hatch sensor bad, I get a BING and alert that the hatch is open, even though it is not. The XKR, on the other hand, has a nice, descending two-tone alert. I saw a recent documentary on BMW, and how they hire sound engineers to get the warnings and alerts to such a pleasing sound, I can speculate that the horn sound is part of that engineering. I do hope Jaguar has done the same, and made alerts and the horn grab the attention without being annoying.
Back in the days my dad used to have a 1970's Standard 2 door car. The horn was the only device that did not make a noise in that car :)

Reactions: danke

·
Registered
22 Posts
So I've never had a Jaguar before, but don't others find the horn to be a little wimpy sounding? Curious what others think, have been reading about some upgrades persons have done on Land Rovers...

Anyone else considering an upgraded horn?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have heard the horn sound when locking the car...can't say its very loud and sounds very 'electronic.' My wife, DD's the F-Pace, says it's wimpy.

·
Registered
148 Posts
What, nobody can post a video of their FP honking to satisfy the OP?

·
Registered
154 Posts
The little weak sounding beep that the car makes when locking the doors is not the same as the horn sound. The horn sounds fine to me and I'm used to driving large pick-ups. However, if you're not satisfied I would think the horn is much more imposing when accompanied by the middle finger.

·
Registered
378 Posts
One of my horns has failed, the one on the American drivers side. It started sounding real wimpy so I stood at the grill and my wife pressed the horn. Sure enough, sounds came out of the passenger side horn but nothing from the drivers side. I called a dealer since they are 200 miles away and asked if they could send me one and I'll send the defective one back.

They told me they have to take the whole nose of the car off to get to it. Has anybody else had this problem and is there an easy way to get to the horn?

I'm in a 20d.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
One of my horns has failed, the one on the American drivers side. It started sounding real wimpy so I stood at the grill and my wife pressed the horn. Sure enough, sounds came out of the passenger side horn but nothing from the drivers side. I called a dealer since they are 200 miles away and asked if they could send me one and I'll send the defective one back.

They told me they have to take the whole nose of the car off to get to it. Has anybody else had this problem and is there an easy way to get to the horn?

I'm in a 20d.
I wanted to get louder horns also. I like to use them a lot since I live around people that like to look at there phones while sitting at stop lights and forget to look up.

I have not done it yet since the front of the car ( nose / bumper) has to be removed. It?s a big job for a small issue.

I will still order new ones and have them ready in case I have an issue that requires the front to be removed, like a Head light or fan etc.

DP

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
The little weak sounding beep that the car makes when locking the doors is not the same as the horn sound. The horn sounds fine to me and I'm used to driving large pick-ups. However, if you're not satisfied I would think the horn is much more imposing when accompanied by the middle finger.
Ditto0:)

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Like @theweeb said, trolling or not, it is a very good question. The F-pace horn upon locking is terrible. Most luxury cars have a beautiful little chirp (like Lexus). It is a little wimpy horn and that is why I would recommend only locking it via the door handle.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Like @theweeb said, trolling or not, it is a very good question. The F-pace horn upon locking is terrible. Most luxury cars have a beautiful little chirp (like Lexus). It is a little wimpy horn and that is why I would recommend only locking it via the door handle.
It's British. It is being politely passive-aggressive. That's how I think about it anyway, and I'm at peace with that.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
It's British. It is being politely passive-aggressive. That's how I think about it anyway, and I'm at peace with that.
I like the chirps. If you have ever heard someone lock a Lexus, Mercedes, BMW etc. you know what I mean. The angry, high pitched beep you get when using the fob is annoying and I would expect that out of a mini cooper or something. >:)

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
I’ve removed the duplicate thread for this subject.

In my experience, unless you have really small hands, either the front grill or whole front bumper has to come off.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I’ve removed the duplicate thread for this subject.

In my experience, unless you have really small hands, either the front grill or whole front bumper has to come off.

You super moderators and website masters need to talk to one another! This is a message I got from one of you:

I appreciate your post but I'd rather see it under Issues ans Problems rather than using the old thread. If you don't mind would you repost as a new thread.

Just make up you mind and be consistent please.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts