Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had time to check on the status of my '18 S today and to get the Vin #. Well, to my surprise and the sales guy my cat is in the mid Atlantic with a planned arrival at Baltimore on 4/17/! The planed build date was 4/7, with a delivery to the dealer around 5/22......I'm no expert when it comes to building cars, but could they build it in one day and load it on the ship by the next day? OR is it going to set at the port for 3 weeks? Seem's like a "fast pace" . :D

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Great to hear!

No offense but do you know how many cars a factory builds a day? If they were to build 50,000 cars a year they would have to produce around 137 cars a day working 24/7.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Just had time to check on the status of my '18 S today and to get the Vin #. Well, to my surprise and the sales guy my cat is in the mid Atlantic with a planned arrival at Baltimore on 4/17/! The planed build date was 4/7, with a delivery to the dealer around 5/22......I'm no expert when it comes to building cars, but could they build it in one day and load it on the ship by the next day? OR is it going to set at the port for 3 weeks? Seem's like a "fast pace" . :D
Many of us saw our 2017's run 3-4 weeks early. Mine was a month early. They don't seem to adjust the final delivery date in the system even when car built and shipped early but will likely show up correspondingly early.

·
Registered
517 Posts

So it was you that stole my spot on the Freedom!! :D Yours must have been built early. The Freedom arrives in Baltimore on 4/17, but it left Southampton on 4/3.

I had the same build date as you, but with a handover date first week of June. Mine was built a week early on 3/31 and was scheduled to ship on the Freedom, leaving Southampton on 4/3 and arriving Brunswick, GA 4/18. Mine was one of about 15 that didn't make it on the Freedom - I saw the dreaded "returned to shipper" status on 4/3.

However, SG emailed me Monday and said my F-Pace is expected to be delivered to the dealer the first week of May. So I checked this morning and mine departed Southampton on the Tosca today and is due to arrive in Brunswick on April 25.

So, I'll still take delivery almost a month ahead of schedule. I'd expect you should have yours by the end of the month. MY18's starting to roll in!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Please please keep up this pace through April and May builds.....I pray to thee Jaguar gods/goddesses!

Reactions: VZX-CO and L-PACE

·
Registered
575 Posts
Please please keep up this pace through April and May builds.....I pray to thee Jaguar gods/goddesses!
Yes! I need the stock to replenish at my local dealer over the next month or so.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it was you that stole my spot on the Freedom!! :D Yours must have been built early. The Freedom arrives in Baltimore on 4/17, but it left Southampton on 4/3.

I had the same build date as you, but with a handover date first week of June. Mine was built a week early on 3/31 and was scheduled to ship on the Freedom, leaving Southampton on 4/3 and arriving Brunswick, GA 4/18. Mine was one of about 15 that didn't make it on the Freedom - I saw the dreaded "returned to shipper" status on 4/3.

However, SG emailed me Monday and said my F-Pace is expected to be delivered to the dealer the first week of May. So I checked this morning and mine departed Southampton on the Tosca today and is due to arrive in Brunswick on April 25.

So, I'll still take delivery almost a month ahead of schedule. I'd expect you should have yours by the end of the month. MY18's starting to roll in!
I too had the "return to shipper" note. She's on the Tamerlane that departed South Hampton on 4/8.

·
Registered
138 Posts
As soon as I saw this thread, I fired off an e-mail to my SG asking for an update on mine. Original build date was last Friday, with delivery 6/2. Fingers (and toes) crossed that a. he gets back to me soon and b. that she's on a boat!

Reactions: Jetman

·
Registered
138 Posts
As soon as I saw this thread, I fired off an e-mail to my SG asking for an update on mine. Original build date was last Friday, with delivery 6/2. Fingers (and toes) crossed that a. he gets back to me soon and b. that she's on a boat!
Hallelujah! The Rocket has been built & is cooling her heels in Southhampton, waiting for a boat.
Scheduled delivery date is now May 5th.

I know it's been posted multiple places, but the tracking instructions are worth sharing again:

Go to: W & W Track and Trace https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?fr...cean.do?method=getDefaultOceanQuickSearchPage

Enter your VIN number in the Cargo ID Box and hit "Track" if your car has been accepted at the dock you will see the ship it will be loaded on to and the date it will leave port. If it says "RETURNED TO SHIPPER", it wasn't actually returned....it's just waiting for a ship.

Once it's on or assigned to a ship, click the voyage number it will open a new window in your browser which will show you all of the ships ports of call. From that window you can see a time line.

Then you can go to AIS Vessel Tracking click on "All Vessels" under the heading of "Vessels" and enter the name of the ship your car is on and if you are lucky you can see exactly where it is on the ocean.
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/

Can. Not. Wait.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I too had the "return to shipper" note. She's on the Tamerlane that departed South Hampton on 4/8.
Ah yes, I forgot about the Tamerlane. I was bypassed on that ship because it doesn't go to Brunswick, so accordingly I immediately wiped it from memory.

Post pics when yours comes in, may be the first actual MY18 sighting in the forum.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah yes, I forgot about the Tamerlane. I was bypassed on that ship because it doesn't go to Brunswick, so accordingly I immediately wiped it from memwory.

Post pics when yours comes in, may be the first actual MY18 sighting in the forum.
My sg thanks it's the first in Central Ohio...... at least for awhile. :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts