Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, I'm starting to think the universe does not want me to buy this car. :crying:
#1-Unethical local dealership :mad:
#2-Next closest (300mi away), very helpful at first and granted me an exception for the sale but now is not returning my calls or emails as I am ready to place the order. :(

SO, I am trying yet again. Sent out an email inquiry for Barrett Jaguar in San Antonio, which is a 7-hour drive, but they have won the Jaguar award for service many years in a row. I'm hoping for better luck, but so far no response to my email. I will call them after work as well and see where that leads.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My local dealership, 5 minutes away from me, stopped returning my emails and calls. I guess asking for 2k off MSRP was a deal breaker for them. A dealership 2 hours away was happy to accept that offer. Know the feeling...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Keep at it MTGRL. It is worth the trouble.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Options....

From a different thread posted today:
In looking around, I saw that Crown Jaguar in St. Pete, FL is offering some really attractive deals on F Pace's they have on the lot. EVERY F Pace has a discount off MSRP of $4K-$8K. There are really some great deals there. Even to have one of them shipped, it makes sense for many who are not that close to St. Pete.

The deals seem to be tied to financing through them, but great nevertheless if you get any rate less than 3%.
Don't despair!! You can order in Florida, come down for spring break, enjoy sun and sand then drive your new F-Pace home and still save money.
:laugh:

·
Registered
933 Posts
The worst part of my FP experience was the dealership issues I dealt with (and am still dealing with).

As a "hobby," I tend to help family members negotiate new car leases/purchases. So, in addition to leasing cars every few years for myself, I have experience negotiating deals with luxury and non-luxury dealers in various states throughout the country. The two Jag. dealers I worked with on my FP deal are definitely high on my "do not recommend list." But then again, you'll read on here about people who love their Jag. dealers. Luck of the draw I guess.

·
Registered
522 Posts
As a "hobby," I tend to help family members negotiate new car leases/purchases. So, in addition to leasing cars every few years for myself, I have experience negotiating deals with luxury and non-luxury dealers in various states throughout the country.
I have had that same hobby for many many years. In fact, it was quite a different hobby before the Internet, going to the public library to look in the newest Edmund Guide, and driving from dealer to dealer. I even created my own lease calculator in the early 1990's in Lotus 1-2-3. Seems like a million years ago!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My local dealership, 5 minutes away from me, stopped returning my emails and calls. I guess asking for 2k off MSRP was a deal breaker for them. A dealership 2 hours away was happy to accept that offer. Know the feeling...
What I find annoying here, we hadn't even discussed price. So I've no idea why I suddenly became persona non grata.

Don't despair!! You can order in Florida, come down for spring break, enjoy sun and sand then drive your new F-Pace home and still save money.
:laugh:
Lol, at nearing 40 I am too old for Spring Break. And apparently my build is quite rare since no one seems to have one like it on their lots. So a custom order awaits....if I can find a dealer to work with. :|

·
Registered
265 Posts
What I find annoying here, we hadn't even discussed price. So I've no idea why I suddenly became persona non grata.

Lol, at nearing 40 I am too old for Spring Break. And apparently my build is quite rare since no one seems to have one like it on their lots. So a custom order awaits....if I can find a dealer to work with.
The dealer up here in Denver is awesome. I can connect you with the internet sales person if you would like. Not sure how willing they are to negotiate thou... You will have to have that conversation with them.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The dealer up here in Denver is awesome. I can connect you with the internet sales person if you would like. Not sure how willing they are to negotiate thou... You will have to have that conversation with them.
I will keep that as a option if this doesn't work out. Denver is 10 hours, but I have family in Pueblo so I've made the trip before. Thank you in advance though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I know it is far but I have a "hook-up" in one of the largest Jaguar dealers in South Florida. They currently have 28 F-Paces in stock. Pm me if you want the contact.

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Half the fun is the research and acquisition. I like your diligence.
After you acquire the F-Pace and drive it regularly you suddenly realize that the research and acquisition was significantly less than half the fun. ;) Just sayin'.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I know. Too far, but dealers in Mass have about 200 in stock

Just sayin

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Making my travel plans soon to Boston and even a trip to Fenway. Praying to the wood veneer Gods every night!
Just make sure your back to PA in time for the meet and greet :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Half the fun is the research and acquisition. I like your diligence.
NONE of the fun is working with a dealership. ANY dealership!

Kerry

·
Registered
80 Posts
NONE of the fun is working with a dealership. ANY dealership!

Kerry
Couldn't agree more! Tesla had the right idea trying to sell direct. Stopped by antiquated laws from a century ago, when dealerships were individually owned operations. Now they are huge conglomerates who pillage at will. Rather deal with the manufacturer who had least has a product to push.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Conglomerates that pillage? A bit of an overstatement perhaps? I believe if the direct to consumer model was employed by JLR, everybody would have a 300 mile drive to the nearest sales outlet. I for one will not allow myself to be pillaged by any conglomerate, or conglomerated by any pillage.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I feel your pain. I was ready to walk away from the dealership yesterday, when my brand new R-Sport was sitting in the entrance, I was so mad. I told them that I am the Italian Racing Red canary in the coal mine, and they are making a very serious mistake treating consumers the way they are if they want good word of mouth and repeat business. I showed them the text messages going back to November between me and the dealership's salesperson, so they could see their lack of transparency and sloppy salesmanship.

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
And apparently my build is quite rare since no one seems to have one like it on their lots.:|
If I may say , I would like to SEE how "RARE" your "BUILD" is , that "no one else has one like it" !!! >:)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts