Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Avg efficiency over the last 3 fill-ups: 12.5 mpg

Just posting this for the benefit of the order. I'm a worst-case scenario kind of guy in this regard:
  • S
  • Live in the Old South, still using A/C in November;
  • Almost all driving is rush hour on urban streets, lots of stop-and-go, lots of idling;
  • Drive it like I stole it whenever I can.
I'm going to collect baseline data for a few more tankfuls, then I may see what happens when I go "extreme hypermiler" for a tank.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Something is VERY wrong.

Even in sport setting and me having a LOT of fun driving it, I average 20.7MPG in my 340HP V6SC Prestige.
When I drive her easy to and from work, 50/50 Backroad/Highway, I average 22+MPG.

·
Registered
406 Posts

Just posting this for the benefit of the order. I'm a worst-case scenario kind of guy in this regard:
  • S
  • Almost all driving is rush hour on urban streets, lots of stop-and-go, lots of idling;
I'm going to collect baseline data for a few more tankfuls, then I may see what happens when I go "extreme hypermiler" for a tank.
You can drive a hybrid and still get 12 MPG if you sit in traffic all day long and floor it every chance you get.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Well,

Once I got 28 MPG going to the mailbox and back, but usually I'm around 40 MPG.........

Reactions: TLockhart and bpmba

·
Registered
516 Posts
This is not unexpected for urban stop & go traffic..not to mention someone's probably putting their foot into it when they can (like I do) and driving in Dynamic and/or Sport mode all the time (like I do). My avg MPG during the week (lot of stop & go) in my 3.0 R-Sport is between 15-16, and that's with some jaunts on the highway or "relaxed" driving in the heaviest traffic. When I try, I can get 28 mpg highway on longer trips...but that bores me, lol

·
Registered
158 Posts

• S
my average is 17.2 but still i do stop and go rarely uses highway on weekends other than that my gas range is 250 miles, best i got was 275

·
Registered
264 Posts
Who? Me Worry?

Don't you just love that $2.75 per gallon for premium?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts