Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are saying on the UK forum that there are problems with oil leaks in the petrol versions. Worse, the cars a r e coming out without adaptive surface response. I hope this is not true. If so, it is false advertising. A deal breaker for me!

·
Registered
332 Posts
They are saying on the UK forum that there are problems with oil leaks in the petrol versions. Worse, the cars a r e coming out without adaptive surface response. I hope this is not true. If so, it is false advertising. A deal breaker for me!
can you direct me to these messages on the British Forum. I don't see them but I agree a deal breaker if accurate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think when people on the UK forum were talking about AdSR that was for the FEs right? If so i'm sorry to hear that Trek as I know you have been waiting for your FE. You made me double check my order but I do see my FP-S has it included in the ZL14 (S Auto) Pack as BZ3F (Adaptive Surface Response AdSR).

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think when people on the UK forum were talking about AdSR that was for the FEs right? If so i'm sorry to hear that Trek as I know you have been waiting for your FE. You made me double check my order but I do see my FP-S has it included in the ZL14 (S Auto) Pack as BZ3F (Adaptive Surface Response AdSR).
My FP-S vista shows B73F - Adaptive Surface Response (AdSR). I don't think they will deliver without this option when it shows in our order, at least in US.

·
Registered
332 Posts
My FP-S vista shows B73F - Adaptive Surface Response (AdSR). I don't think they will deliver without this option when it shows in our order, at least in US.
I also have on Order an S and the Order shows the same item as yours B73F Adaptive Surface Response. Build date late May and delivery late July. Apparently first shipment to Canada.

The vehicle has been touted by Jaguar for its superb handling. The AdSR better be on my vehicle or the fully refundable deposit that I insisted on in writing will be exercised.

·
Registered
216 Posts
B73F Adapative Surface Response listed on my S vista order.

Is it listed on the vista order of FE models? If it is, you're getting it. If it's not, you won't.

·
Registered
216 Posts
lol, so we don't even know which model they're talking about, which engine in that model and it is random person saying they saw a comment on facebook about it.

The gas engines in the F-Pace has been around for awhile--is it confirmed its a Ford engine? I think the Ingenium diesels are the new engines and most likely to suffer some kinks. Then again it could simply be a misinstalled seal.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Relax, re: AdSR guys. It was a miscommunication. FEs have AdSR. It comes with Adaptive Dynamics. You can't separate them. All UK owners who received their FEs over the last 2 days confirmed they have AdSR.

Re: the oil leak - posted once by an unknown person on Facebook. Take it with a bucket of salt.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If there would be a leak...I would defineatly expect it from the Diesel engine....not the petrol one.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My dealer shows Adaptive Surface Response (ASR) as a NO COST feature that you have to include in order to get which is odd (for the F PACE S). This is for the petrol engine. I wonder if this is a must add (since it costs nothing) or does this feature come with possible oil leakage problems and, hence, they add it as a free option?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I wonder if that is a regional thing for you in Kuwait....in the US it is an automatic part of the Adaptive Dynamics pack. So it is standard on the S.

·
Registered
591 Posts
My dealer shows Adaptive Surface Response (ASR) as a NO COST feature that you have to include... I wonder if this is a must add (since it costs nothing) or does this feature come with possible oil leakage problems and, hence, they add it as a free option?
The AdSR feature should not be related to any oil leakage issues despite previous posts mentioning the two together.
As pointed out it is included in the Adaptive Dynamics package which has adjustable suspension response; AdSR would need to have actively controlled suspension components such as shocks as well as some extra sensors to detect the road surface so it is fairly easy to give you both but not much worth it to give you just one or the other.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts