Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Wondering if anyone has installed or looking to install an oil catch can on the F-Pace.
3.0l engine.
Yes , I have a UPR catch can on my 2013 Ford F150 Eco Boost engine , you would not believe how much it catches , watery oily mix , looks like coffee. I believe this Jag needs one aa well . Same problem . Direct injection without port injection to keep intake valves clean. Just began my search , will update .

· Registered
4 Posts
For what purpose do you feel you need a catch can for the oil ?

DP
There are a few reasons to use catch cans. One of the best reasons is to avoid premature removal of the heads to clean the oil residue build up off of the valves, primarily the intake valves on direct injected engines. Older, non direct injection schemes helped reduce residue accumulation on intake valves by spraying the fuel into the air intake manifold before the intake valve thereby sort of washing the oil residue created by the PCV system from the back side of the valve. With direct injection, you get no washing effect and build up will occur eventually, which will require the head/s to be removed at some point for service that can be avoided by use of a catch can. The accumulation issue is not vehicle or engine specific but it is more prone to engines using the direct injection method of fuel delivery.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts