Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has installed or looking to install an oil catch can on the F-Pace.
3.0l engine.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
Wondering if anyone has installed or looking to install an oil catch can on the F-Pace.
3.0l engine.
For what purpose do you feel you need a catch can for the oil ?

DP

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Wait, What?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Personal preference - I would like to divert the oil from going back into the engine. I have been using them on my race cars and new Camaro and find about half a catch can's worth of oil in them at 5K miles or less. I am under the mindset to not rout oil back into the engine compartment.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
Personal preference - I would like to divert the oil from going back into the engine. I have been using them on my race cars and new Camaro and find about half a catch can's worth of oil in them at 5K miles or less. I am under the mindset to not rout oil back into the engine compartment.
Where would you hook this up. It not like a 350 chevy with an oil breather in the valve cover. You own an F-PACE right ?

DP

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correct. Assuming it is similar pcv system as most new domestic and foreign cars, tt would install inline with the current pcv design. Until I really dig in, I'm not sure how the crankcase vents on these engines. Has Jaguar eliminated the need for routing ventilation back into the engine.

The it on my 17 Camaro requires removal of the quick disconnects on the PCV system and two hose connect in with a remote mounted spin-off can.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Good video on the subject, among many others. I think if you are going to keep the FP for many years and run it like it was meant to, a wise investment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I plan to keep at least 3 years, and I love slamming the pedal on it! I was wondering if anyone knows a good plug/play catch can kit for these. Kits for performance cars are generally easy to find. Has anyone made his or her own kit? I want it to look professional and be of quality parts.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Cool..Thanks for all the info..I just learned something new and knew nothing about these devices..makes perfect sense too..

Damit..Now I'm gonna have to prowl around the engine, to see if I can find the PCV line/return...If there is one that is..

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Cool..Thanks for all the info..I just learned something new and knew nothing about these devices..makes perfect sense too..

Damit..Now I'm gonna have to prowl around the engine, to see if I can find the PCV line/return...If there is one that is..
I thought you would jump on this. Plenty of room under the bonnet now that you have freed yourself of the engine cover. I will likely follow...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found the lines just now. access is not terrible either. the problem is going to find the proper connections and hoses to build a kit....

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I found the lines just now. access is not terrible either. the problem is going to find the proper connections and hoses to build a kit....
I would hope by the Interest you have spiked concerning this device (from forum members) , that you will indeed post some photos if (I mean when) you get a KIT mounted !!!

THANKS in advance !!!:)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I think I've located it too..

It is real hard plastic molded tubing..I think difficult to cut and connect too without proper adapters or fittings...I dunno..I might leave this MOD alone..dealer would see it for sure and THAT may cause warranty concerns...Might be too obvious is what I'm saying.

ENTERS THE INTAKE HERE:

LOOKING AT THE ENGIINE

CONNECTING TO THE PCV AT RIGHT REAR OF ENGINE

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I have reached out to VelocityAP, Stuart, and let him know this is getting some attention. I also just bought an XE r sport and would like to have. Acatch can for it as well.
Maybe we can strike up some noise and get persuasive and VelocityAP can develop a kit?
The two lines entering the intake.... why are the different diameters? Or is one exit and one entrance?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bump this thread to see if anyone has done a catch can yet? Looks like the wife wants to keep her f pace passed warranty, so now this has become important to me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
'17 XF R sport here, getting a catch can installed with all the free time I have due to this pandemic sometime in the next few days.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts