·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well that’s not good

·
Registered
868 Posts
I really like where he tries to restart the car in the middle of the canal.
Yeah, that's it. I'll just drive it out!

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Sad, I wonder what the situation was up to that point. Looks like he may have come up on a slower car and just drove off the road. Quick thinking opening the sunroof right away though. He had no idea how deep that water was and wanted a way out. Not sure about trying to start the thing though, not much chance that is going to happen!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sad, I wonder what the situation was up to that point. Looks like he may have come up on a slower car and just drove off the road. Quick thinking opening the sunroof right away though. He had no idea how deep that water was and wanted a way out. Not sure about trying to start the thing though, not much chance that is going to happen!

While I agree with you about the sunroof. I probably would have just tried opening the door first.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looked like a nice one too. What is that colour? Silicon silver?

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
It appears to be *Ingot* from the 2017 Lineup !!!

It was one of the Extra Charge PREMIUM colors , and I don't think there are too many out there !!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
wow, that's something. I agree with you guys about the sun roof although I'm not sure that he would be able to get out with ease. Really curious if this was just a stupid decision to pass in a traffic situation or he lost control for some odd reason..

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
While I agree with you about the sunroof. I probably would have just tried opening the door first.
When you car is in water the doors probably will not open easily, it is a pressure thing, the weight of the water pushing against the door won't allow you to easily open it. Opening the sunroof or the windows would help with opening the door, once the car was fully sunk but the sunroof is the better option since it would be the last thing to go into the water. When he hit the water, I'm pretty sure he had no idea how deep it was and if his FP was going to sink or simply sit on the bottom like it ended up doing. Opening the doors, if he actually could even get them open, would have made it sink faster if it was deep enough to sink the FP. I believe he made the right choices completely other than trying to start the car.

His biggest wrong choice may have got him in the water in the first place.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I think it's staged. The camera angle makes it seem like a passenger is filming, which I guess could have been coincidental. (I watched this with the sound off, so maybe he says something?)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Comments are quite harsh. A bunch of haters. Quick thinking and decent reaction without panic is what I see. I mean he couldn’t have been going too fast or the vehicle would have flipped, in my opinion. I imagine he’s only hitting start to get power to that moon roof, not to drive out like he’s driving some amphibian vehicle. Nobody made note of the gaulkers in the background, nobody able to help? Is it plausible that all the problems people have been having with their fpace’s is the reason: what if the new software update made the brakes fail?!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Believe he had power after splashdown, radio is playing and nav display on.
Software update caused brakes to fail? Sure, that’s the ticket.
Haters got to hate.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You are all right! I take it all back. Richie Rich crashes his Ignot FPace into the water. No airbag? What kind of CGI trickery are we watching.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It appears to be *Ingot* from the 2017 Lineup !!!

It was one of the Extra Charge PREMIUM colors , and I don't think there are too many out there !!!
Yes that’s the color. I had that on my 17 it was very unique and sorry to see it go :(

DP

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Yes that’s the color. I had that on my 17 it was very unique and sorry to see it go :(

DP
After further observation of the photos of it being pulled out , and up on the tow truck ,
I'm pretty sure that the color is QUARTZITE !!!:)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think he was trying to turn the ignition off. Looks like this happened in Brazil?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Comments are quite harsh. A bunch of haters. Quick thinking and decent reaction without panic is what I see. I mean he couldn’t have been going too fast or the vehicle would have flipped, in my opinion. I imagine he’s only hitting start to get power to that moon roof, not to drive out like he’s driving some amphibian vehicle. Nobody made note of the gaulkers in the background, nobody able to help? Is it plausible that all the problems people have been having with their fpace’s is the reason: what if the new software update made the brakes fail?!
Ummm.....Software could cause the brakes to fail?

As far as i know the brakes are not electric. Or even electric assist. Trying to figure out any mechanism where that could be a possibility.

Looks a lot to me like he was simply trying to avoid hitting something in front of him and landing in a water filled ditch was the better alternative than into the back of whatever he was gonna hit.

Just glad everyone was safe. Only injury was to the insurance companies pocketbook. :D

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The owner lives in São Paulo, Brazil I sent him an email and asked what happen, I will let you know if he responds

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
I don't know if anyone else can see it or not ,
but if you look closely at the bottom of the windshield ,
there appears to be a fairly large CRACK in it !!!

I'm going to guess that something was flying up at him ,
and he tried to avoid it , but it hit & cracked his windshield !!!

At the beginning of the video ,
you can see the crack is there , BEFORE he goes into the water !!!

·
Registered
868 Posts
I think he was trying to turn the ignition off. Looks like this happened in Brazil?
That makes sense. If the engine died, but the ignition was still on, I think you need to be in park to shut off the ignition.
I don’t know if the emergency shutdown procedure-push stop/start button for more than 2 seconds or push stop/start button twice within 3 seconds, will also kill the ignition if you’re out of park. .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts