Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
I am enquiring if anyone knows how the Fpace responds in different off road situations.
Specifically if the four wheels can work independently if required.
I know the Fpace can shift the power from rear to front as required when the shift of power to the front wheels assists the cars traction,but l am wondering if for instance if you have a single front and rear wheel that do not have traction will the power be sent to the two other wheels that do have traction to get the car out of a tricky situation.
So l guess what l am asking is ,can more torque/power be sent to an individual front or rear wheel that has traction rather than just split torque/power between both the front and rear wheels.
Just wondering what the off road ,(mud,sand) capabilities of the Fpace are.
I have been watching TFL YouTube clips where they put soft readers on rollers to see how the cars cope with only one wheel with traction.Wondering how an Fpace would cope in that situation.
Good to hear from anyone who gets their Fpace off the black top.
Cheers Craig
2018 25R sport diesel

·
Registered
117 Posts
It would do really well. This is where being corporately linked to Land Rover has paid off. It has similar traction control system and should be able to move the car if only one wheel has traction.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I might know a partial answer to your question. Some where along the way I read that my SVR has an electrical controlled read diff. So I am thinking it must have a solenoid in the rear differential rather than the "Posi traction" type of diff. Even if there was no "locking" of the differentials or the transfer case the traction control does not throttle back, it applies the brakes on the slipping wheel. On dry road it happens fast and seamlessly. I dont know how fast it would act on a slippery surface.

·
Registered
101 Posts
This video may help answer your question:

Reactions: JohnnyLightning

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all
Thanks for the responses ,they were all informative and appreciated,the clip above gave a clear indication of the various cars off road abilities and the Jag came out of it pretty well.
The recommended reading discussions below lead to some good information and clips l hadn't come across before.
We understand the F pace is not a serious off roader but just wanted a rough idea of what its capabilities were and how far we could safely push it on some back roads.

Stay safe , happy driving
Cheers Craig

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I think a pretty accurate description is that it is very capable of road in an emergency, weather, or natural disaster type situations, but in no logical realm would it be considered an off road vehicle for recreational use....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts