Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
F Pace Expert
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might have read somewhere that owners should pay attention to two settings in relatively rare situations:

1) When taking vehicle in for service where primary battery will be disconnected for a period you should place the vehicle in Service mode to prevent depletion of the telematics permanent non-rechargeable battery.

2) When transporting vehicle by either flatbed, ferry or other means where vehicle will be seen by telematics to be moving but wheels aren't going put the vehicle in Transport mode otherwise it may trigger a stolen vehicle alert.

I think both of these are done through the App.

See both below:

"Service Mode:

Before disconnecting power to the TCU, for example disconnecting the primary vehicle battery to carry out maintenance repairs, the vehicle owner must place the TCU into 'Service Mode'.

If the disconnection procedure is not carried out, the system will activate the InControl Secure application and will enter 'Theft Notification' or 'Stolen Vehicle Tracking' mode during which time the charge in the back-up battery would be used. If the non-rechargeable back-up cell becomes depleted through this action, it may reach the point where it requires replacing.

For security purposes 'Service Mode' is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner

Transport Mode

The TCU contains a motion sensor which is used for vehicle movement detection as part of the stolen vehicle tracking system. Prior to transporting the vehicle, for example a ferry journey, the vehicle owner must place the TCU into 'Transport Mode' to disable the motion sensor.

If the motion sensor is not disabled and the ignition is switched off (power mode = 0), but vehicle movement is detected, the 'Theft Notification' function will be activated. As with Service Mode, Transport Mode is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner for security reasons.

The motion sensor is capable of detecting slow movement, e.g. jacking the vehicle to remove a road wheel, or winching onto a transporter.

Triggering of the sensor does not immediately generate a 'Theft Notification', but it will activate the GPS receiver and measure the vehicle's movement. If the vehicle moves more than a predefined distance (configurable by market; factory default 150m in optimal GPS coverage) the TCU sends a theft alert to the service provider.

The service provider contacts the vehicle owner to determine if a genuine theft has taken place. If a vehicle theft is confirmed the service provider initiates full GPS tracking of the vehicle.

Transport Mode disables the movement assessment by the GPS that follows a motion detection, therefore no 'Theft Notification' will be sent to the service provider. Should transporting the vehicle exceed the 10 hour window it is the responsibility of the vehicle owner to reset Transport Mode to avoid a false theft notification being generated."

·
Registered
390 Posts
And for those who do not intend to use the "App" what does Jag expect? Honestly. It makes technical sense, but I'm not sure about the owner compliance rate on this one.

·
Registered
390 Posts
And for those who do not intend to use the "App" what does Jag expect? Honestly. It makes technical sense, but I'm not sure about the owner compliance rate on this one.
Sorry...and thank you for sharing this info. Not trying to shoot the messenger.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
has anyone actually put their F-PACE in service or transport mode via the app?
is it the same app you use to remote start the vehicle?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hmm... the car was at the dealer for about 3 weeks presumably w/o the battery attached since they had to try and figure out an electrical short. Never knew about that and was never alerted.

Of course, they took the ICTP module completely out, so maybe that prevented it from triggering.

You would think that as part of the hand off, the service-manager would have it on his check list -- "Did you turn this off?" type of thing.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
has anyone actually put their F-PACE in service or transport mode via the app?
is it the same app you use to remote start the vehicle?
I went thought the remote start app throughly and could not find it there. I off to google now to see what can find.

DP

Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
Well so far all I can see is that this is no longer a feature in the US and is primarily a U.K. think for ferry’s and Trains. What I did see is if your car is taken then you will be notified via your InControl App or you can use the stolen car number they will, then work with law enforcement to track your car and let you know it’s being tracked.

Nothing else I could find, anyone else see anything for 2017 and newer cars in the US ?

DP

Reactions: deafsoundguy
1 - 8 of 8 Posts