Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my car tax bill for 2018. The assessed value of my car went UP $4000. This is clearly a mistake as the NADA fair market value of my car is below the 2017 tax rate, so I think the tax office screwed up.

Am going to contest it with the city, as the rate they assessed me at is nearly the sticker price of my two year old car with 20k miles.

Just wanted to see if any other VA owners have issues with their tax bill.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Got my car tax bill for 2018. The assessed value of my car went UP $4000. This is clearly a mistake as the NADA fair market value of my car is below the 2017 tax rate, so I think the tax office screwed up.

Am going to contest it with the city, as the rate they assessed me at is nearly the sticker price of my two year old car with 20k miles.

Just wanted to see if any other VA owners have issues with their tax bill.
Mine went down by a whopping $68. I wonder how they calculate their assessments. On the one hand a higher value should equal a higher resale, but for those of us who don't plan to sell the car in a few years, it also means a higher tax bill. I'm curious to hear what you find out. For what it's worth I'm in Prince William County.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I haven't gotten mine yet either, but will check back in when I do.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Update: I got mine, and it decreased a little. The sticker amount is basically the same as last year (~$15 less).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts