Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought I saw a post on here recently about faulty windshield wiper jets, but I don't remember the exact post or the author. I tried my wiper fluid for the first time today and they work perfectly. Almost too well. The jets covered not only my F-Pace's entire windshield, but they also sprayed the windshield on the car behind me. Had the panoramic roof been open, it would've felt like rain inside the car. :eek:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I thought I saw a post on here recently about faulty windshield wiper jets, but I don't remember the exact post or the author. I tried my wiper fluid for the first time today and they work perfectly. Almost too well. The jets covered not only my F-Pace's entire windshield, but they also sprayed the windshield on the car behind me. Had the panoramic roof been open, it would've felt like rain inside the car. :eek:
I have had the pleasure of driving near someone using wiper wash.
My windshield got washed for free ;)
Was that you?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I believe @VZX-CO mentioned this, he was driving in a snowstorm and had to use almost the entire reservoir to clear the windshield. Both of our complaints were that the washer jet stream did what you mentioned; it is aimed directly at the base of the windshield and half of the spray ends up on the hood, pano roof, and side of the F-pace while only half stays on the actual windshield. Its the worst windshield washer system I've seen in any car I've ever been in. Most aim it higher so the fluid ricochet isn't as bad... but not our friends at Jaguar haha.

Reactions: JagJudge and VZX-CO

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe @VZX-CO mentioned this, he was driving in a snowstorm and had to use almost the entire reservoir to clear the windshield. Both of our complaints were that the washer jet stream did what you mentioned; it is aimed directly at the base of the windshield and half of the spray ends up on the hood, pano roof, and side of the F-pace while only half stays on the actual windshield. Its the worst windshield washer system I've seen in any car I've ever been in. Most aim it higher so the fluid ricochet isn't as bad... but not our friends at Jaguar haha.
My washer sprayer covered my windshield very thoroughly. In fact, it works better than the one I had on my Lexus GS

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
what he said.....mine needs tweaking upwards a bit

Reactions: Flyby40 and Naromo

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
My washer sprayer covered my windshield very thoroughly. In fact, it works better than the one I had on my Lexus GS
Hm, maybe theres a way to aim it more upward then. Mine is aimed right at the base of the windshield (same level as the VIN, maybe a little higher) and the ricochet from the spray is so bad.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hm, maybe theres a way to aim it more upward then. Mine is aimed right at the base of the windshield (same level as the VIN, maybe a little higher) and the ricochet from the spray is so bad.
My spray hits no lower than half way up the windshield.

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
My spray hits no lower than half way up the windshield.
Good to know, must mean it can be tweaked into correct position which you seem to have.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good to know, must mean it can be tweaked into correct position which you seem to have.
The washer is supposed to soak the entire windshield and that's exactly what it does. I haven't measured the exact point of initial impact, but it does a wonderful job of covering the windshield, so I have no complaints.

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
Dropped vehicle off to have its Christmas present added. Service advisor agreed wiper fluid spraying too low, says easy quick adjustment to fix.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Dropped vehicle off to have its Christmas present added. Service advisor agreed wiper fluid spraying too low, says easy quick adjustment to fix.
Good to hear, I will mention this to my SA when I put mine in for super update, rear child lock fault (rear doors won't open from the inside), and the 'U' on my Jaguar broke :|

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Good to hear, I will mention this to my SA when I put mine in for super update, rear child lock fault (rear doors won't open from the inside), and the 'U' on my Jaguar broke :|
Hey Jman , At least it wasn't the *J* , so it still says *JAG* !!! ;)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
My SA said that the washer jets are housed in a fixed position in a small box and aren't really able to be re-aimed. I wanted them raised because when I'm traveling at speed they hit way too low. At standstill they hit the windshield just fine.
Also, less than a week after picking up my car for the ICTP software update and some other minor service issues and receiving an affirmative answer to my question "Did you top off the fluids?", I got the dreaded warning that my washer fluid needed to be refilled. It took an entire gallon and seemed to have room for some more, but that was all I had at home. At least the washer fluid reservoir isn't as relatively small as the gas tank.
#FirstWorldProblems

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
My SA said that the washer jets are housed in a fixed position in a small box and aren't really able to be re-aimed. I wanted them raised because when I'm traveling at speed they hit way too low. At standstill they hit the windshield just fine.
Also, less than a week after picking up my car for the ICTP software update and some other minor service issues and receiving an affirmative answer to my question "Did you top off the fluids?", I got the dreaded warning that my washer fluid needed to be refilled. It took an entire gallon and seemed to have room for some more, but that was all I had at home. At least the washer fluid reservoir isn't as relatively small as the gas tank.
#FirstWorldProblems
So I shouldn't mention the windshield wiper fluid hitting to low?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I think he was blowing smoke. They have to be adjustable. According to the SA that VZX spoke to, they are!!!

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
Wiper update: my SA was incorrect, spray assembly indeed NOT adjustable. However, they were able to use a tiny shim to slightly re-aim at center of windshield vastly improving function of spray and wipers.

Reactions: Naromo and MTHM

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Wiper update: my SA was incorrect, spray assembly indeed NOT adjustable. However, they were able to use a tiny shim to slightly re-aim at center of windshield vastly improving function of spray and wipers.
Sounds like an engineering design mistake to me. I guess they never did any winter testing, at least not in North America :|

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
Sounds like an engineering design mistake to me. I guess they never did any winter testing, at least not in North America :|
At risk of dating myself I remember just sticking a pin in the darn fluid nozzle and bending it upward in my prior vehicles. They keep touting their test track on frozen lakes in Sweden (where you can go take a winter driving course) but I'm betting pristine frozen lakes in Sweden don't have slushy, salty, sandy spray being kicked up into windshields.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts