Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order for a 2023 SVR and the dealership said that the upgraded Meridian Surround audio as well as the active key and extra power receptacles in the rear seats options are not available for purchase. Has anyone else had this issue? More importantly, does anyone have any insight if this will be fixed soon? I know the regular audio system isn't good enough and the extra power outlets in the rear are something that are commonly asked for from passengers.
Any input would be great.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It will be a while until Activity key becomes available. Second row USB outlets are hit or miss. Dealer says no, but some cars arrived fitted with them. You said power receptacle, all SVRs have one in the second row, so if your car arrives without USBs, just get a “Cigarette Lighter” plug/adaptor with 2 or more USB ports and problem is solved. Meridian Surround is some new development. I haven’t heard anything regarding that. Will ask my contact if this is the new JLR “Affair”. Don’t “knock“ the standard Meridian system though. I’ve listened to and have both (2020 Surround; 2022 no surround) and the difference is marginal at best. Of course the surround one sounds fuller as it‘s supposed to, with additional speakers, but both systems lack bass. Do not be too upset if you don’t get it. I and many others have installed an aftermarket subwoofer to remedy that. Be prepared to take delivery with only one key fob due to chip shortages and no lip spoiler due to something I don’t know what. The key fob and spoiler will arrive later on and will be programmed and installed by the dealer. That’s it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MSRP, I have the 2019 with upgraded Meridian system and it's average at best. A lesser system in a $95k vehicle would be a disgrace. Second row USB poweroutlets are what I'm discussing. A cigaratte lighter with adapater is prone to damage and again is a stupid adaptation for a luxury car brand at this day and age. I can't believe this would be a "Chip" shortage issue.
Any info you can get on time lines of those items coming back online would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
MSRP, I have the 2019 with upgraded Meridian system and it's average at best. A lesser system in a $95k vehicle would be a disgrace. Second row USB power outlets are what I'm discussing. A cigaratte lighter with adapater is prone to damage and again is a stupid adaptation for a luxury car brand at this day and age. I can't believe this would be a "Chip" shortage issue.
Any info you can get on time lines of those items coming back online would be very much appreciated.
I agree with you 1000% on everything you've said. You should have said having an option to upgrade a stereo system in a 95k vehicle is a disgrace. Only 10 years ago when I would order an R model (2012 XFR) the Bowers & Wilkins 1200w premium surround sound system came standard, as it should be for high end models. The same goes for my 2016 XJ Supercharged, Meridian 825W 7.1 Channel Digital Surround Sound System came standard. USB outlets should be standard as well. "R" used to mean that you're getting the highest and most loaded model, then Jaguar found the "German Playbook". Charge for every little and not so little thing. A short while ago when I was discussing my missing key fob and lip spoiler with my contact at Jaguar, he said that lately, it feels like JLR doesn't care about US market since everything is a "song and a dance" and their primary area of concern right now is the electrification of their cars and UAE market, since that's where they make most money. I will be talking to him again by the end of the week and I'll be sure to ask about the Meridian surround as well as the USB power outlets. I promise.

Reactions: QuickOne

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well, I had a long conversation with my dear friend, and unfortunately, everything that you were told by your dealership is true. JLR are prioritizing the chip usage and hence the larger amplifiers are not available as of right now. He doesn’t know how long this will last because JLR is not saying much regarding this at all. As I’ve told you before, USB ports are hit or miss. Some of the cars that his dealership has ordered came without them, and some cars did have them. When I brought up the Activity Key, he just... Forget it for now. It can be added and programmed later on, so there’s that. He also mentioned that some cars came in without the HUD and that was a problem since some customers really wanted that option. It’s tough right now because the consumer thinks that it’s his fault that the cars that are coming in have or lack certain features and options. I think that covers everything that we’ve discussed. I wish he would’ve given me more info about when this will be resolved, but he doesn’t know himself since JLR is not providing him with answers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This was earlier this year, so I guess, the prioritization of chips is necessary for them at this point. US customers got lucky, if I can use that word, since only 18 cars were affected by this.
Font Screenshot Number Document Parallel

·
Registered
2023 F-Pace SVR
2 Posts
I placed an order for a 2023 SVR and the dealership said that the upgraded Meridian Surround audio as well as the active key and extra power receptacles in the rear seats options are not available for purchase. Has anyone else had this issue? More importantly, does anyone have any insight if this will be fixed soon? I know the regular audio system isn't good enough and the extra power outlets in the rear are something that are commonly asked for from passengers.
Any input would be great.
I just purchased a 2023 SVR with every option including Meridian Surround, active key and extra power receptacles. Maybe I just got lucky.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have a 2020 SVR with the upgrade. It is still unimpressive. My previous car was a cayenne with a great, and loud 110db if you believe the phone app radio and on some days I would test that. The jag isnt very loud and I guess I dont even like the sound enough to turn it up. Seriously, I never turn the jag up louder than you could talk over. The activity key can be added after the fact for about $500.

I would not buy the car with standard sound system.

·
F Pace Expert
2,561 Posts
I was told by sales rep at my dealer that Meridian is only available in regular model not the upgraded system. I forget about the Activity Key but it's been extremely useful so that's something on my list as well. Someone posted a good article on here recently about the departure of head of Jaguar. It mentioned they really got squeezed on the chip shortage as a much smaller customer but have now signed long term chip contracts. The thing I don't get about the "chip shortage" is all the chip manufacturers are being slammed buy rapid deceleration in sales so why is there still this huge shortage? It sure ain't in RAM chips.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts