Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned plenty of supercharged motors and each one as some supercharger sound from the intake. This car has zero supercharger sound....why is this and is there a way to increase it's sound?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Jaguar engineers have gone on record (see articles online) saying that they deliberately tuned out the supercharger whine by design (apparently uncharacteristic or incompatible with Jaguar image?). And recent customer surveys or focus groups indicated that their customers (generally) want to hear even less whine, so they actually made (reversible?) changes to their other products (F-Type I believe?) to make them even quieter that previous model years. But I'm not sure how they accomplished that (sound deadening, intake changes, etc.).

I have also owned other supercharged vehicles (with custom built race motors and louder aftermarket blowers), and I honestly don't miss that sound in the Jaguar (it might overshadow the glorious exhaust). Actually, I think I am (one of the few?) who prefers a silent supercharger (so I can enjoy the unadulterated exhaust sound, which is epic for a factory system). But I can see why others might want to hear more sound in their Jaguar. In a Jeep Trackhawk or Hellcat vehicle with a different character, I might want to hear more of everything too. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the though response I appreciate it! I am not upset at all on how the car sounds I just can't understand how it's impossible to hear the blower.....was honestly hoping it was actually providing boost.

Otherwise this car is fantastic....one of the best cars I've owned, literally a Swiss army knife on wheels..... Perfect daily driver.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've owned plenty of supercharged motors and each one as some supercharger sound from the intake. This car has zero supercharger sound....why is this and is there a way to increase it's sound?
SVR516.........I have a '17 fully stocked 'S' (190 on the speedometer) and I'm ALWAYS in Sport Mode (manually shifting), except in inclement weather when I need to balance out traction. I can definitely hear my FP's SC on my petrol 3.0 engine as well as the accompanying pipes growling in the back. Maybe they've changed and monkeyed with the newer models, but they certainly didn't scrimp on the '17s' and probably the 16s'. It was one of the major buying points for me. It's too bad if they've stupidly neutered the main selling point of having a supercharged engine! But given the direction JLR has been taken (especially with the electrics) I wouldn't be surprised yours has been silenced.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Same here. I've heard a supercharger whine in my 2018 S. But maybe they changed things for the SVR.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Every so often I do here a super charged whine , not all the time seems more when I stop call in a shop then mash the gas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts