Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· F Pace Expert
2,566 Posts
I'm still getting acquainted with the "remote start" feature for our MY19, and am probably making some dumb mistakes. But, in the week or so we've owned it, it's asked for e-mail and password information several times already. I hope it doesn't keep doing this. I'm lucky I can remember my own phone number, let alone passwords for a car accessory. However, a bigger problem raised its ugly head the other day. While trying to enter the e-mail and password info, and when I thought I had done it properly, I ended up with "Mike's F-PACE" showing on my phone. It was in very bright sunlight so I didn't see this immediately, but touched the "Engine Start" button to start what I believed to be our F-PACE. The problem here, is that I believe that it actually started "mike's F-PACE" which was somewhere in and around Manhattan. The reason that I know this is that his "Journeys" also showed up on my phone. I think that I was able to shut down his car, but have no way of letting him know what happened.

One in a million??? I don't know. That was Saturday and I'll be trying to get some answers. I still think my wife's old 2011 Lincoln MKX had a much better system when all of this and more was done with the key fob.
King Fala
Suggestions:
1) Login to your incontrol.jaguar.com account using the same credentials you are using to login to the Remote app. Check through all the settings for your info and see if everything is correct. Pay particular attention the InControl Remote settings which are accessed through the choice on the top menu bar to left side of screen. Also check the vehicle settings which are through the same menu bar but on right side of screen. Obviously this all should be showing your vehicle’s info, journey’s etc., not Mike’s. If something is wrong in here contact your dealer. Seems like a chance the wrong VIN got associated with your account.
2) Delete the app, reboot your phone and reinstall the app.
3) Re Remote v Fob, yeah and a rotary dial phone was way easier to use than these darn tootin modern smart phones ;)

Reactions: KingFala

· Registered
2,079 Posts
Seems like a chance the wrong VIN got associated with your account.
Great info, this part stands out to me. With all the VINs from dealerships being published online, I wonder if someone can actually use another's VIN just to cause confusion and havoc. Pull a VIN, associate it with your account as another Jaguar.

· F Pace Expert
2,566 Posts
Great info, this part stands out to me. With all the VINs from dealerships being published online, I wonder if someone can actually use another's VIN just to cause confusion and havoc. Pull a VIN, associate it with your account as another Jaguar.
As can be seen in the incontrol web site the owner/user cannot change the VIN associated with account, this can only be done by dealer or jaguar so this shouldn’t be a concern.

· Registered
2,079 Posts
As can be seen in the incontrol web site the owner/user cannot change the VIN associated with account, this can only be done by dealer or jaguar so this shouldn’t be a concern.
Thanks, makes sense. To test, I just tried to add another vehicle to my account, via the phone app, and it came up stating I need to be at the vehicle, as evidently there is some info exchange. My two years since new had the process all rusty, you know?

· Registered
4,865 Posts
3) Re Remote v Fob, yeah and a rotary dial phone was way easier to use than these darn tootin modern smart phones ;)

AMEN , Brother !!!>:)

Attachments

· Registered
1,468 Posts
21 - 27 of 27 Posts