Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I picked her up last Tuesday and finally got on the road for a good amount of time this weekend - traveling a couple of hours to visit my dad.

It seems I'm going to jump feet first into ICTP issues. It was my first time using the GPS and there is no voice navigation. I'm not talking voice command, I know the ICTP does not do that. I mean the route guidance, that says 'Turn left in 300 feet' is completely mute. It doesn't say anything. What's interesting is right before I am to turn, the radio dims as if it wants to say something, and goes back to normal volume a few seconds later. It wants to speak to me, but it can't!

And yes, I checked to make sure it wasn't muted. To troubleshoot, i tried it muted and the radio didn't dim, telling me the sound was on correctly, but nothing came out. I also fiddled with the stereo settings and that had no effect. I went into the cars language settings and changes the voices, no effect.

Finally, the next day on my way back home, the same thing. It's like there are no voices loaded into the navigation system.

Has anyone experienced this? TBH, I have had a GPS in my car for about 10 years now, and 99% of the time I leave it muted intentionally. So because this isn't a huge deal to me, I'd debating not making a stink about it to the dealer until I need to take it in for the next ICTP update or routine service.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Definitely let them know about it. For the record.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I wonder if the nav volume is just turned down. It is adjusted independently of the entertainment volume. Next time the entertainment volume drops (as if the nav is talking), punch up the volume. Just a thought...

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
50 Posts
I wonder if the nav volume is just turned down. It is adjusted independently of the entertainment volume. Next time the entertainment volume drops (as if the nav is talking), punch up the volume. Just a thought...
There is a setting to turn this on/off. I deliberately turned mine off during one of my trips. Just go to navigation settings and look for the option.

·
Registered
63 Posts
So, I picked her up last Tuesday and finally got on the road for a good amount of time this weekend - traveling a couple of hours to visit my dad.

It seems I'm going to jump feet first into ICTP issues. It was my first time using the GPS and there is no voice navigation. I'm not talking voice command, I know the ICTP does not do that. I mean the route guidance, that says 'Turn left in 300 feet' is completely mute. It doesn't say anything. What's interesting is right before I am to turn, the radio dims as if it wants to say something, and goes back to normal volume a few seconds later. It wants to speak to me, but it can't!

And yes, I checked to make sure it wasn't muted. To troubleshoot, i tried it muted and the radio didn't dim, telling me the sound was on correctly, but nothing came out. I also fiddled with the stereo settings and that had no effect. I went into the cars language settings and changes the voices, no effect.

Finally, the next day on my way back home, the same thing. It's like there are no voices loaded into the navigation system.

Has anyone experienced this? TBH, I have had a GPS in my car for about 10 years now, and 99% of the time I leave it muted intentionally. So because this isn't a huge deal to me, I'd debating not making a stink about it to the dealer until I need to take it in for the next ICTP update or routine service.
I have EXACTLY the same issue; radio lowers when it tries to give a voice prompt, setting is not on MUTE, and knowing that the volume IS independent to the radio and phone, tried to turn it up when the radio's volume went down (no effect). Out of nowhere, worked fine on one occasion (although I did mess around with the voice accent settings), now fails to work again. It's currently in the shop (since Monday) for this and an assortment of other ICTP issues. Confirmed it had all the updates, now they are replacing the control unit. We'll see how that works.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I had this issue with mine. The dealer looked into it and said to do the following:
1) Set system language to UK
2) Set to US
3) Set back to UK

This is the system language and not the voice accent setting.

I did this and it solved it with zero recurrence.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had this issue with mine. The dealer looked into it and said to do the following:
1) Set system language to UK
2) Set to US
3) Set back to UK

This is the system language and not the voice accent setting.

I did this and it solved it with zero recurrence.
Just tried this fix this evening and it fixed it for me. (I'm in the US so I did the opposite - Set to UK then back to US)

One thing I noticed is I have the UK voice and the US Language. When I switched it to UK/UK, it was fixed. I then switched the voice to UK so US/UK, it worked fine until i turned off the car to make a quick stop. Turning the car back on and the problem reoccurred. I went to UK/UK and fixed again.

It seems like it may not like a voice different from the language? I'll try trouble shooting some more.

Top Tip: if you are trouble shooting this, set the destination to 'Home' as you are driving away from home. It will constantly talk to you while recalculating trying to get you to make every right turn possible to turn around.

·
Registered
223 Posts
We've had this issue off/on since getting the 2.5 update. Flipping voices around will sometimes fix it for a while. Back to the shop today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts