Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have RTFM but can't determine whether my turn indicator / headlamp stalk and windshield wiper stalk are supposed to be illuminated. Presently they are very much 'in the dark' at night and it seems weird (like the absence of back lighting on the vol control knob). Any observations out there?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
The aren't designed with lighting. Nothing is wrong, it's the way its supposed to be.

Reactions: MTHM

·
Super Moderator
1,890 Posts
Have RTFM but can't determine whether my turn indicator / headlamp stalk and windshield wiper stalk are supposed to be illuminated.
The answer is no. Just curious I've never owned a vehicle where the stalks were illuminated what vehicles have you seen this feature in? Agreed that the lower portion of the console is dark.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The answer is no. Just curious I've never owned a vehicle where the stalks were illuminated what vehicles have you seen this feature in? Agreed that the lower portion of the console is dark.
Same here, never had a vehicle with that feature. Are there vehicles out there with illuminated stalks?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the responses - it was as I anticipated. May be I had an expectation that they would be illuminated, can't think why.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I wish it was illuminated, even if it's not intended to be. Until you learn the positions of everything, it's a bit of a fumble. Also, I wish the trunk open/close button was illuminated as well.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I wish it was illuminated, even if it's not intended to be. Until you learn the positions of everything, it's a bit of a fumble. Also, I wish the trunk open/close button was illuminated as well.
Agreed, Jaguar forgot some things. The audio knob not having a slight illumination being one of them. The LKA and trunk open/close button not being illuminated is one of them.

I haven't ever seen the turn signal or wiper control stalks have illumination though. The ambient light should make it easy to see (it is for me anyway). The light given off from the instrument cluster and any other ambient light should make it no problem to see them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I noticed this too after I had turned my lights off in a lit parking lot. Once I got back in the road I noticed my lights were off. Took awhile to find in the dark and remember which direction to turn it. I feel like other cars I’ve had have had the levers illuminated as a standard feature.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Once I got back in the road I noticed my lights were off.
Note-To-Self , for runnergal . . . . . . .

*Turn Lights On , BEFORE going out onto the Roads* !!!>:)

This would be GREATLY APPRECIATED , by other drivers on the Road !!!;)

·
Super Moderator
1,890 Posts
Still not aware of any vehicle that has a lit stalk. Leave your lights in auto then you never have to remember. I also like the auto high beams on those equipped with the option.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts