Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer says it's not available on the SVR. Is this true? Please say it isn't so. :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nope. The SVR has a fairing down in the corner. And there is no close and lock button on the tailgate. So you have to push the button on the gate to close it, then go touch a door handle or use the key fob to lock the car.

And while I am listing strange tailgate things... If you remote start the car with the phone app and the first door you touch is the tailgate, the engine shuts off. if you touch a side door first the car will stay running.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, this is crazy. Why did Jaguar do this? Form over function, or was SV trying to save weight?

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
yes I pushed for this when I ordered since I had it on my 2017 First Edition, but to no avail. Like what Johnnylightning said, I think the rear facia doesn't support the sensor location is what I was told.

·
Registered
554 Posts
And while I am listing strange tailgate things... If you remote start the car with the phone app and the first door you touch is the tailgate, the engine shuts off. if you touch a side door first the car will stay running.
My 2017 R-Sport (with gesture tailgate) also did this. It happened a few times, so I don't think it was a fluke. Probably a theft deterent feature.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have gesture tailgate, but it's never really worked.

·
F Pace Expert
2,531 Posts
My 2017 R-Sport (with gesture tailgate) also did this. It happened a few times, so I don't think it was a fluke. Probably a theft deterent feature.
I suspect it’s a way to keep exhaust from building up into vehicle from tailpipes or that’s what I’ve always assumed.

Reactions: Dakar09

·
Registered
554 Posts
You do tend to look like a moron standing there with your hands full kicking under the back of your car, lol

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
It really works pretty well for me, close to 100%. I think most malfunctions are due to "operator error".
Remember to come at it from either rear side, not from the back.
A quick 1-2 second in and out kick motion works best.
Plenty of videos out there on technique.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Close to 100% for me as well. I put my foot behind the rear tire and sweep backwards and it triggers the gate. I do use this feature a lot and it would be missed if I upgraded to an SVR.

·
Registered
524 Posts
It really works pretty well for me, close to 100%. I think most malfunctions are due to "operator error".
Remember to come at it from either rear side, not from the back.
A quick 1-2 second in and out kick motion works best.
Plenty of videos out there on technique.
Yes. I know how it's supposed to work. Thanks. Never the less, it rarely does.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I never had an issue using my Gesture Tailgate on my 2017 after I found out exactly where the sensor was located on both sides. It was an easy foot lift, slight hold just behind either rear wheel about 10 inches if I remember right.

·
Registered
554 Posts
All due respect, but I was kidding about being a "moron". I know the technique and repeated it every time the same way. Worked some times, didn't work others. It's not always "user error". And I don't miss it on the SVR.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts