Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer told me that I get no discounts (even seasonal ones) if I Special Ordered my car. He can only offers discounts if I buy whatever available in the stock. Is this true? I mean even if they offer sale on every F Pace and I go and make my special order at the same time those who buy from the stock would get the discount and I wouldn't. Is this fair/normal? Can my dealer do this?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Well it's likely that if he ordered now for you it would be a 2018 and that may not garner an incentive or discount ( Individual dealer policy...), whereas 2017's on his lot would.....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it's likely that if he ordered now for you it would be a 2018 and that may not garner an incentive or discount ( Individual dealer policy...), whereas 2017's on his lot would.....
Yes, but we were discussing special order for the 2017 one. They still don't have MY18 on special order.
Is this normal?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sounds like your dealer is just trying to move stuff on his lot(Get paid now, instead of 4-5 months from now.)

I have my F pace on order, and got $2,000 off MSRP.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yes, but we were discussing special order for the 2017 one. They still don't have MY18 on special order.
Is this normal?
Is it correct that you are not in the US? What country are you in?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your dealer seems like a harda$$. Go someplace else
Yeah, the dealer has a bad name when it comes to prices. :/

Sounds like your dealer is just trying to move stuff on his lot(Get paid now, instead of 4-5 months from now.)

I have my F pace on order, and got $2,000 off MSRP.
That sounds like a good deal. I just feel ripped off just because I want a special order. :(

Is it correct that you are not in the US? What country are you in?
That's correct, I live in Kuwait Middle East. There's only one official dealer here unfortunately. :confused:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yeah, the dealer has a bad name when it comes to prices. :/

That sounds like a good deal. I just feel ripped off just because I want a special order. :(

That's correct, I live in Kuwait Middle East. There's only one official dealer here unfortunately. :confused:
So there is no competition. Basically you are stuck. Please consider that when the FP's first came out in the US buyers were paying more than MSRP to get one. I am not sure if that helps but it is something to consider.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So there is no competition. Basically you are stuck. Please consider that when the FP's first came out in the US buyers were paying more than MSRP to get one. I am not sure if that helps but it is something to consider.
Yeah it's basically a monopoly over here and the F Pace is selling like hot cakes so I can't blame them really.
I'm going to visit them in two weeks when they get their next stock and will see if they can give me some incentive (I'm not done with them yet!).

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm in the US (Chicago) and torn between an in-stock 2017 and special ordering a 2018. Both are S models. My dealer said he can't give a discount on a 2018 special order. I've had two great buying experiences with him, so I assume he's not snowing me. I've never special ordered a car and was surprised they're going for MSRP.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I'm in the US (Chicago) and torn between an in-stock 2017 and special ordering a 2018. Both are S models. My dealer said he can't give a discount on a 2018 special order. I've had two great buying experiences with him, so I assume he's not snowing me. I've never special ordered a car and was surprised they're going for MSRP.

That could be possible... But I just ordered my "Special order" today from my dealer with no money down and if I'm not happy, I don't have to take it. Period.
and that includes the deal we have NOT made yet due to not fully knowing the sales price yet. I will get "something" off of the sticker or I won't take delivery..... What that will be remains to be seen, But if it is not at least 3% it will prob be no dice.
It will be just as hard for him to say no to cash as it will for me to say no deal on full price. We shall see how this plays out in a few months !

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
278 Posts
You are not getting ripped off just because you are not getting a discount. If it is the car you want, then special order it and be happy with the deal you received. The minute you drive it off the lot, you will forget the numbers and just enjoy life in your FPace. Do not over think it - which is what this forum will teach you to do.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I think the Dealers that are saying NO Discount , are the Dealers that are NOT receiving very many F-Paces , so to them , they are considered Hard To Find - Highly Sought After - & an Easy Sale to someone walking in that WANTS one bad enough ! The Dealers that are offering Discounts , are dealers that are receiving an inventory of them , and are more concerned about building their VOLUME of Sales Numbers ! So , to those of you who are getting BIG Discounts , I say CONGRATULATIONS and you should FEEL VERY FORTUNATE ! To make you feel even more better , for those of you who are fairly new to the scene , some people back in the beginning had to pay *ABOVE* MSRP when these first came out ! We only got $1000 OFF , and a FREE set of Locking Lug Nuts , and we were happy about that ! To sorta justify not worrying about a discount back then , it has been pretty AWESOME driving a vehicle that was as RARE as seeing a
*Red Headed Bald Eagle with a Blue Tail and Pruple Beak* !!!
Yep , they were that RARE !!! >:)

That being said , ENJOY your Discounts !!! ;)

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
We have been to 3 high volume dealers in SW Fla and they all say they are selling like hotcakes... But what's crazy is even with all the snowbird traffic down here, you rarely see one on the road.... Still a pretty exclusive club I think... and that's what we like !

·
Banned
304 Posts
You are not getting ripped off just because you are not getting a discount. If it is the car you want, then special order it and be happy with the deal you received. The minute you drive it off the lot, you will forget the numbers and just enjoy life in your FPace. Do not over think it - which is what this forum will teach you to do.
There is no reason to pay sticker. Just wait a bit & dealers will be glad to discount a '18 order. Again this is not a Ferrari or Lambo. And alot of the initial FPace demand has been satisfied with the 2017

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
We have been to 3 high volume dealers in SW Fla and they all say they are selling like hotcakes... But what's crazy is even with all the snowbird traffic down here, you rarely see one on the road.... Still a pretty exclusive club I think... and that's what we like !
"The DEALER says they are *selling like Hotcakes*" , and then YOU go on to say "you rarely see one on the road" ??? Now , maybe the DEALER doesn't understand the meaning of "Hotcakes" , or MAYBE he is just being a typical SALESMAN !!! Another way to look at it is , to a Jaguar Dealer , maybe *5* F-Paces a month , is indeed "Hotcakes" , but to a FORD or CHEVY dealer "Hotcakes" might mean *300* vehicles a month !!! ;)
Just a thought !!!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
"The DEALER says they are *selling like Hotcakes*" , and then YOU go on to say "you rarely see one on the road" ??? Now , maybe the DEALER doesn't understand the meaning of "Hotcakes" , or MAYBE he is just being a typical SALESMAN !!! Another way to look at it is , to a Jaguar Dealer , maybe *5* F-Paces a month , is indeed "Hotcakes" , but to a FORD or CHEVY dealer "Hotcakes" might mean *300* vehicles a month !!! ;)
Just a thought !!!

I think their connotation means that they are one of the better selling vehicles at the dealership..( Most of them are JLR , Rolls, Aston, and Ferrari,etc...) and they seem to turn over their allocations every month. One salesperson told us that they rarely sit on the lot more than 2 weeks after arrival. I wouldn't think SUV's would be so popular down here vs say convertibles.. But not so...!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts