Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been going around to various dealers in the NYC area. Most right now are still reluctant to order 2018 models.
Cherry Hill NJ is willing to order and says it will be here in 10 weeks, but no discounts. And they have no idea how much a lease will price out at this point.
Anyone can share their experience for ordering a 2018?

·
Registered
125 Posts
When I decided that the FP would be my next vehicle, I checked with a few dealerships in Michigan. All willing to order for me...at MSRP. Finally decided I wanted the vehicle badly enough to bite the bullet. I think it is unlikely that many discounts will be available due to the demand for the vehicle.

Reactions: Jetman

·
Registered
215 Posts
I didn't get a discount on MSRP for my MY 18 but the dealer threw in the 3M front coating for free.
Why wouldn't the dealer want to order a MY 18 for you? It's a guaranteed sale at MSRP.

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Why wouldn't the dealer want to order a MY 18 for you? It's a guaranteed sale at MSRP.

I can't figure out why dealerships say this either about ordering.......although technically you could walk away before or upon arrival and they are stuck with a custom order, but that's usually why they require a deposit as incentive against this in theory. Unless you are ordering something really customized, it'll sell for them eventually since the demand is still there. I didn't even ask about discounts with my MY18 order, I'll haggle with them when it gets here and see what I can get at that point in time.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I'm going to try the discount angle 1st.... If I can't get them to budge then I'm going to I guess see how much "Other " things I can get thrown in on the deal. It sounds like pretty weak negotiating, but I'm not sure there are other options other than walking out.....

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
933 Posts
The best thing to do with difficult dealers is to laugh in their faces at the concept of "no discount," walk out, and buy a different make and model. Their loss, your gain. It's not worth it to overpay for any car at this price point, as the competition is endless.

·
Registered
522 Posts
The best thing to do with difficult dealers is to laugh in their faces at the concept of "no discount," walk out, and buy a different make and model. Their loss, your gain. It's not worth it to overpay for any car at this price point, as the competition is endless.
No offense, but once decided on a make and model, I am not sure going to a competitor is the answer. I have ALWAYS been able to find a reasonable and acceptable discount, with research, persistence, and patience. That being said, if you like something just as good as the FP, go for it.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

While the thought is great... I haven't spent 3 months on this forum to go buy something else... That **** car is coming home one way or the other...>:)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Why would you buy a car you don't really want just to save a few thousand dollars???

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
While the thought is great... I haven't spent 3 months on this forum to go buy something else... That **** car is coming home one way or the other...>:)
LOL that's pretty much where I'm at too....it'll have been 6 months since my "original" MY17 order when mine arrives (that's if it gets here a month ahead of schedule) if I pay MSRP, so be it, but I'll still try for a bit off or something else thrown in.

Reactions: jmk and Turbodog

·
Banned
304 Posts
A little patience is all that is needed, -when you show up at a dealership waving your checkbook saying you want to order a '18 when they are not available yet, what do you expect? They know a prime pigeon just walked in and will fleece you with MSRP. Wait a couple months & they will gladly discount, or use the USAA or Costco programs. Car Buying #101

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Car buying #102, actually buying a car rather than just talking about it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
A little patience is all that is needed, -when you show up at a dealership waving your checkbook saying you want to order a '18 when they are not available yet, what do you expect? They know a prime pigeon just walked in and will fleece you with MSRP. Wait a couple months & they will gladly discount, or use the USAA or Costco programs. Car Buying #101
Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of time in order to be patient. I sold my SUV prior to departing for Korea two years ago. Upon arriving back in the US, I will have approximately two weeks of leave prior to my report date to my new duty station. I need a new vehicle in that time and frankly don't want to spend the majority of my two weeks leave running back and forth to dealerships, haggling with salesmen, etc. As I have done during several of my other overseas assignments, I decided on the vehicle that I wanted and ordered it. While a discount of any sort would be nice, the reality of my situation was that it wasn't going to happen. It was still the vehicle I wanted so I coughed up the $$$ that was requested.

USAA was unable to help me with the vehicle I wanted in the area I wanted to purchase it. Believe me, they were my first call.

·
Banned
304 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of time in order to be patient. I sold my SUV prior to departing for Korea two years ago. Upon arriving back in the US, I will have approximately two weeks of leave prior to my report date to my new duty station. I need a new vehicle in that time and frankly don't want to spend the majority of my two weeks leave running back and forth to dealerships, haggling with salesmen, etc. As I have done during several of my other overseas assignments, I decided on the vehicle that I wanted and ordered it. While a discount of any sort would be nice, the reality of my situation was that it wasn't going to happen. It was still the vehicle I wanted so I coughed up the $$$ that was requested.

USAA was unable to help me with the vehicle I wanted in the area I wanted to purchase it. Believe me, they were my first call.

Circumstances will also prevail. Timing for some will be paramount. But the downside of needing to move quickly, unfortunately is paying more.

·
Registered
233 Posts

Are you bringing the truck with you? I used to work with a company that transported officers's private vehicle to their stations all around the world. It was a benefit paid by the military. Those roll on roll off ships are amazing. Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

Reactions: VZX-CO
1 - 20 of 42 Posts