Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m currently on a 5-hour trip and, lo and behold, I have absolutely no audio. No sound at all no matter what media source I choose and no sound on a phone call using BT, no spoken nav directions. I just stopped for gas and don’t have time for a full shut down/reset. Wish there was a way to trigger reboot of modules without that. Any ideas (I mean to fix the problem as opposed to potential topics of conversation with the misses to fill the void)?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I’m currently on a 5-hour trip and, lo and behold, I have absolutely no audio. No sound at all no matter what media source I choose and no sound on a phone call using BT, no spoken nav directions. I just stopped for gas and don’t have time for a full shut down/reset. Wish there was a way to trigger reboot of modules without that. Any ideas (I mean to fix the problem as opposed to potential topics of conversation with the misses to fill the void)?
Take a break from your long drive. Shut the car and get out and lock the door till you hear horn beep. Then wait for about 10-15 mins.return to your car ,start but don't touch the ICTP/ ICT screen till it has fully loaded. Hope this works.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take a break from your long drive. Shut the car and get out and lock the door till you hear horn beep. Then wait for about 10-15 mins.return to your car ,start but don't touch the ICTP/ ICT screen till it has fully loaded. Hope this works.
Eventually stopped to get a bite to eat and let the car do a full system shutdown. Of course on restart everything is fine. I guess just another one of those glitches/gremlins that we’ve come to expect.

·
Registered
911 Posts
In my experience, most infotainment glitches I’ve experienced happened after I started pressing buttons before all the screens had populated completely.
May not have anything to do with your problem, just throwing it out for others to try if they have recurring problems.
If I wait the extra 30 to 45 seconds for everything to boot up fully, I’ve found I’ve avoided almost all problems.
Generally, the last to boot is the left hand dial on the instrument panel with my media information.
I’m connected to WiFi in my garage, so I don’t wait to make a cellular connection, which happens down the road.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
That issue is specifically fixed with one of the later software patches. If you are on 19B_19.40, that issue should be gone. I had it a few times on 19A, but have not seen it at all on 19B.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That issue is specifically fixed with one of the later software patches. If you are on 19B_19.40, that issue should be gone. I had it a few times on 19A, but have not seen it at all on 19B.
I’m on S19B_19.40.4-436082

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In my experience, most infotainment glitches I’ve experienced happened after I started pressing buttons before all the screens had populated completely.
May not have anything to do with your problem, just throwing it out for others to try if they have recurring problems.
If I wait the extra 30 to 45 seconds for everything to boot up fully, I’ve found I’ve avoided almost all problems.
Generally, the last to boot is the left hand dial on the instrument panel with my media information.
I’m connected to WiFi in my garage, so I don’t wait to make a cellular connection, which happens down the road.
Appreciate the advice. In this particular case I had started the car to warm up (not via remote app) and it was running for a few minutes while I loaded bags. So there hadn’t been any interaction with ICTP while everything was booting.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I’m on S19B_19.40.4-436082
Oh great, I guess they really didn't get it fixed then. I haven't seen it so far on that version but I just got on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts